Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Crazy colts - pats game

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    I disagree. Establish the run, and develop a smash mouth approach - control the clock as best you can. We will NOT win in a shootout with Manning, so just forget it.
    Controling the clock doesn't work well either. In the Miami game the Colts only had the ball for just over 10 minutes and still won.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

I think the only way you beat Peyton Manning is to hire the guy from Happy Gilmore to drive a car out onto the field and run him over.

Obviously you gameplan to win. And maybe if Gaither can gold up Freeney or we can get him double teamed a lot our offense will have some scoring chances. But how you stop their attack is beyond me.

That said, the Patriots taylor-made that loss. How do you not punt on 4th and 2 from your own 28? As soon as that throw came up with the short spot I knew the Colts were going to win.

Our best hope is to be 5-4 when they come to town.

I am praying for a Nor'easter to roll through somewhere late saturday afternoon with those 30-40 mph wraparound winds on the tailend. That was the only reason, we almost beat NE in '07.

Only wind is going to stop Manning next Sunday - don't fool yourselves thinking otherwise.

That game last night was Ali-Frazier. I don't think this year's version of the Ravens are in the same ring.

I know Bill B looks like a goat today, but if Faulk catches the ball clean the first time they win the game and he is a gutsy great coach.

There was no way his worn out, beat up and injury riddled defense was going to stop Peyton from going 70 anymore than they did slow them down from going 30. That way at least he had a chance to let them score quick and get the ball back. It was a good gamble even though he lost, because most likey he would have lost at that point no matter what, but all the things he could control he did for as long as possible.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I know Bill B looks like a goat today, but if Faulk catches the ball clean the first time they win the game and he is a gutsy great coach.

There was no way his worn out, beat up and injury riddled defense was going to stop Peyton from going 70 anymore than they did slow them down from going 30. That way at least he had a chance to let them score quick and get the ball back. It was a good gamble even though he lost, because most likey he would have lost at that point no matter what, but all the things he could control he did for as long as possible.
    Exactly...good points. If they make it he's a genius. Giving Manning 2 minutes with his track record was just as bad. i can see why he went for it.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Blog Entries

I already have a trip with the family planned to see Santa at Columbia Mall next Sunday because we'll never beat the Colts as long as Manning is playing for them...I'm as sure of that as the Sun will come up tomorrow. I'll DVR it though, just in case.....awww, who am I kidding, with our awesome pass rush and fantastic secondary, we should hold 'em scoreless!

I like to think our team has a chance to win on any given Sunday. It may be a slim chance, but it is still a chance. The team that showed up during those 4 wins we have this year is a team that can beat the Colts. This team is incredibly inconsistent, and a big reason for that is coaching. You have to remember that this is not the same Ravens of old. We used to have to establish the run and chew up clock because we had no QB and had a dominating defense. Now we have the QB. We lost the dominating defense. The main problem is we have one of the worst receiving corps in the NFL. We have to go for the throat in this game. That's what we did in the first three games this year and it worked out well. Fans bitched and moaned that we were too pass happy, and for whatever reason the coaches listened to the fans and you saw the results. Flacco is at his best when he gets in a rythm. We are a team that passes to set up the run. We cannot afford for any drives to stall in the redzone, because our kicker is putrid.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I already have a trip with the family planned to see Santa at Columbia Mall next Sunday because we'll never beat the Colts as long as Manning is playing for them...I'm as sure of that as the Sun will come up tomorrow. I'll DVR it though, just in case.....awww, who am I kidding, with our awesome pass rush and fantastic secondary, we should hold 'em scoreless!
    That is not true we beat Peyton in 1998 and 2001.

9. Re: Crazy colts - pats game

Quote Originally Posted by crpravens View Post
    That is not true we beat Peyton in 1998 and 2001.
    If I remember correctly Peyton was kind of a laughingstock in 01 for all the pick-sixes he threw. I recall hearing jokes about this prior to the game, and lo and behold he threw one to us.

I was quite contented going to bed last night with no football, and reading about Colts-Pats the next morning. That said I guess it's good the Colts won, but as we've discussed I think we probably get killed either way. But I'm gonna be at the game in two weeks anyway cheering us on. Hopefully won't have to break out the Detroit Lions paper bag headgear:bag:.