Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: AFC North

Re: AFC North

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once upon a time their was a team that went 7 straight games without scoring a touchdown and went on to win the Superbowl.

Now if they were to go on a run of games not scoring TDs I may say you're on to something.
    Today was an inner division game against what very well might be the best defense in the league.

Inner division games are for the most part battles regardless of what level of quality the teams are.
    Been that way for years, and probably won't change anytime soon.

Sorry, but that Bengal team is legit, and playing like it.Extremely balanced on both sides of the ball.
    They play both the run and pass very well on defense, and can move the ball on offense by run or pass against the majority of the teams in this league.

I think they have enough talent on that team to beat any team in the NFL, but also could lose to any team on any given Sunday.

The latter has been happening in the NFL for years, the former only happens to so many teams a year.
    Not to nit pick but it was 5 games without a td and they had the best defense in the history of the league. I think the Bengals defense is some thing like 14th? I'm not sure about that but I don't think they're even a top ten defense.

As far as the rest of the post, why have the Bengals almost lost to every team they've played except the Bears?

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Smugness is an unattractive quality.
    There you go disagreeing with me again. :grbac:

From underneath a park bench, I hear voices. They speak to me only in truths.

Quote Originally Posted by RockGod View Post
    As far as the rest of the post, why have the Bengals almost lost to every team they've played except the Bears?
    If a team almost loses to every team they face in a season they'll go 19-0 and win the Superbowl.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Your letting history cloud your judgement of this season. By your logic Arizona wasn't a legit team last season.
    Comon man Arizona had something like an 8-8 record last year. Once your in the playoffs it's one loss and go home. If the Bengals make it to the playoffs and lose in the first round are they any more or less legit in your eyes?

So how do I do it right? Pick a team that hasn't won anything in the last 20 years and give them one good season then they're legit? I got news for you, the so called professionals all had the Ravens as the number one team after week 3, what happened from there?

The seasons not over we'll see where it goes from here, history is on my side.
    Dude, I don't think anybody on here is predicting this Bengal team to be a legit "dynasty" for years to come.
    Certainly history doesn't dictate that with this team, or for that matter most teams.
    But right now, this year, this Bengal team is a legitimate playoff contender with more then enough ability to do serious damage if they continue to play the way they've been playing through most of this year.

I think that's pretty much what everybody on here is saying.

Where all this crap is coming from comparing them to dynasty teams like the 49ers and Cowboys of yesteryear is beyond me.

One has nothing to do with the other at this juncture.:grbac:
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by effo5231 View Post
    If a team almost loses to every team they face in a season they'll go 19-0 and win the Superbowl.
    Ok, so by that standard then the Ravens offense in 2000 was a legitimate offense? I mean they won a superbowl.

Why did the Ravens almost win against NE, Cincy and Minn?

You can make that arguement about anybody. Are the Colts not legit. They barely beat their division rivals. Saints almost lost on the last play of the game today. It can go on and on.

What the NFL isn't going to reward the Bengals with the AFC North championship (if they win it) because they ALMOST lost to every team except the Bears?
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    There you go disagreeing with me again. :grbac:

From underneath a park bench, I hear voices. They speak to me only in truths.
    Funny people only bring up their predictions when they come true.

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Ok, so by that standard then the Ravens offense in 2000 was a legitimate offense? I mean they won a superbowl.
    Yep you nailed it.... We're all retarded and you're the smart one.

Pack it in fellas, this guys got it covered from now on.

Here's a hint, if everyone else is stupid but you, everyone else is not the stupid ones.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Dude, I don't think anybody on here is predicting this Bengal team to be a legit "dynasty" for years to come.
    Certainly history doesn't dictate that with this team, or for that matter most teams.
    But right now, this year, this Bengal team is a legitimate playoff contender with more then enough ability to do serious damage if they continue to play the way they've been playing through most of this year.

I think that's pretty much what everybody on here is saying.

Where all this crap is coming from comparing them to dynasty teams like the 49ers and Cowboys of yesteryear is beyond me.

One has nothing to do with the other at this juncture.:grbac:
    Neither am I, all I'm saying is that any team could beat the Bengals this year, they could go 0-7 the rest of the way and it's not that far fetched, especially if they continue to play the way they've been playing through most of this year. Let’s not forget, this is the same team minus a really good receiver that almost tied the Browns. That's all I'm saying.

I'm not going to say as the original poster stated something to the effect that the Bengals have the AFC North wrapped up, and I'm certainly not going to say that they are a legit team this year because they are not blowing teams away and could very easily be 1-8.

I'm not going to say as the original poster stated something to the effect that the Bengals have the AFC North wrapped up, and I'm certainly not going to say that they are a legit team this year because they are not blowing teams away and could very easily be 1-8.
    Show me where I stated as such in my original post.

The AFC North was pretty much decided today. Still hard to believe the Bengals are this good. Barring a complete team meltdown, the AFC North is their's.

Why did the Ravens almost win against NE, Cincy and Minn?

You can make that arguement about anybody. Are the Colts not legit. They barely beat their division rivals. Saints almost lost on the last play of the game today. It can go on and on.

What the NFL isn't going to reward the Bengals with the AFC North championship (if they win it) because they ALMOST lost to every team except the Bears?
    No that's not what I'm saying.

Why do I have to have the opinion that the Bengals are a legit team? Should I also have the opinion that country music is better then rock n' roll? Or that Ham is better then chicken? Why are my opinions wrong and everyone else’s right? Because the Bengals have all of a sudden won a couple of close games for a change? Because everyone else wants to pick the Cinderella team that wins by the skin of their teeth?

Well I don't subscribe to going along with the majority because it's the easy thing to do. I watch the games and come to my own conclusions and I see a team that can be beat and owes more to luck then talent for their record.