Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Blind Side

Re: The Blind Side

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Who'd of thunk it?

Hollywood taking a story and skewing it so that it fits what they want to portray on the screen.

PP
    Well, yes. But the person in question is still alive, a young man at that, and it seems as though no one consulted him or utilized his actual experiences to make up his character?

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Well, yes. But the person in question is still alive, a young man at that, and it seems as though no one consulted him or utilized his actual experiences to make up his character?
    That was my point.

I can't stand Hollywood and the people who constitute it.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Who'd of thunk it?

Hollywood taking a story and skewing it so that it fits what they want to portray on the screen.

PP
    You...you mean that Hollywood movies aren't real?!?!?
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Making Oher seem like a sterotypical big dumb gentle giant makes it a gaurantee that I won't spend 20 of my hard earned dollars to see it in theaters... WTF?!

"BIG MOUTH HUNGRY!!" :grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Making Oher seem like a sterotypical big dumb gentle giant makes it a gaurantee that I won't spend 20 of my hard earned dollars to see it in theaters... WTF?!

"BIG MOUTH HUNGRY!!" :grbac:
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaine View Post
    I hadn't heard that... is there a story or interview you can link to?
    Not doubting you, just looking for more info.
    He mentioned it on one of the player's shows on the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMad View Post
    He mentioned it on one of the player's shows on the radio.
    Ah... OK, yet another thing I miss out on living on the wrong coast and a Ravens fan...
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

Like a lot of you, I haven't seen the move yet, but just to present the other side of the argument, how is the movie supposed to portray someone who was raised in an appalling level of poverty-without the education one receives when brought up in a middle or upper class neighborhood? It sounds like he grew up essentially without parents. That is very dertrimental to one's learning curve.

Blind Side

Has Michel Oher said anything about this movie? Like his feeling of it? I have not read the book but I am going to see the movie, just because it looks pretty good, plus of course he is a Raven. I was just wondering if he has commented on it yet.

Dave no one is saying he didn't struggle in school. It's quite apparrent he did. However the personality of the movie Oher and the real life are very different. I don't consider Oher to be a gentle giant like the movie implies.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Dave no one is saying he didn't struggle in school. It's quite apparrent he did. However the personality of the movie Oher and the real life are very different. I don't consider Oher to be a gentle giant like the movie implies.
    I AM looking forward to seeing it and I agree he is certainly NOT a gentle giant. But maybe he was at an earlier age? I dunno. I'm sure the story has been "Hollywoodized" in at least a dozen ways. I'll revisit this thread after I see the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lap View Post
    I AM looking forward to seeing it and I agree he is certainly NOT a gentle giant. But maybe he was at an earlier age? I dunno. I'm sure the story has been "Hollywoodized" in at least a dozen ways. I'll revisit this thread after I see the movie.
    Yeah all in all I think it will be a pretty good movie. Who knows we all could wrong and he's portrayed more realisticly than we thought. Afterall trailers can be misleading.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller