Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Wink Re: Baltimore Sun takes jab at Ravens fans...again

Quote Originally Posted by Mr OC View Post
    I guess I fortunate; my wife and I have been to many road games: Miami, Jax, Indy, Arizona, New Orleans, Nashville; we've never encountered any sort of abuse. I might feel differently if we had. But we always interact with the locals and enjoy football win or lose.
    Agree -- same cities, too. Just make friends in the tailgate lots and with the folks surrounding you at your seats. Never, ever had a serious problem with sober fans at NFL stadiums (of course, we pretend to be deaf).

This bitch was looking for trouble IMHO. Shame on the Sun for printing her whiny sob story without corroboration.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenator View Post
    This is freaking ridiculous. I have gone to several out of town games. YOU DO WHAT THE HOME CROWD DOES. I just was in Minnesota. My group stood when the Vikings fans stood. We sat when they sat. THE ONLY TIME WE STOOD UP WHEN THEY SAT DOWN WERE WHEN WE SCORED.
    Bingo! Again, you sit in your seat, cheer for your team, but avoid antagonizing local fans.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    In Buffalo 2 years ago my wife and I had batteries thrown at us when we were in our seats, with an usher standing 3 feet from me.

........ I have been to a decent amount of away games and never seen it that bad before. But lesson learned: in hostile territory, dress neutral and keep your mouth shut. It was a miserable experience just because I had a Ravens jersey on.
    Our Buffalo experience was totally different. We tailgated surrounded by Canucks who came over from Ontario, and quite a few sat near us inside the stadium. These guys could really drink! And were very interested in Marylanders travelling north and knowledgable about the Ravens. The Bills fans were as hospitable as those from the Deep South.

Quote Originally Posted by Drkraven View Post
    Personally I was more upset about the grab-assing guys in the men's room with my child present. I guess since I'm not a guy I don't understand it.

I'm not surprised. My wife was appalled at a Mardi Gras grab-ass, when, in a Bourbon Street crowd of hundreds of thousands, the "perpetrator" scared her by coming across as an aggressive molester; instead, he reached around her back to grab my butt. She screamed, while I was rolling in laughter. It's a guy thing!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Baltimore Sun takes jab at Ravens fans...again

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post

Dude, seriously. If you as a Ravens fan acted aggressively toward any Steeler fan in the bathroom at Heinz Field during a Ravens/Steelers game, every Yinzer inbred in there would have swarmed on you. You wouldn't have made it out alive. Same would go for any opposing fan in our stadium.
    Its not about being a "tough guy" it is having the self respect to not be pissed on. Thanks for the personal attack though.

I got called a racial slur....Now I need counseling!!! People they are words being thrown around by assholes... if you take it seriously that makes you the fool. If you sit there, take it for about five minutes without turning around and saying anything it will stop. The second you turn around and validate their efforts it is over. Damn...seems simple to me!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    I got called a racial slur....Now I need counseling!!! People they are words being thrown around by assholes... if you take it seriously that makes you the fool. If you sit there, take it for about five minutes without turning around and saying anything it will stop. The second you turn around and validate their efforts it is over. Damn...seems simple to me!!!
    Very true. At the SD game most of the folk around me and The Wife(tm) were pretty cool (there were also a lot of Ravens Fans too). There was one a-hole a couple rows back, no shirt (as usual), drunk and shouting all kinds of crap to the little pocket of us Ravens Fans. My Wife was getting a little pissed and I had to remind her he is a jackwad and to ignore him.
    There was a couple right in front of us young kids, white guy and his black girlfriend - I think I heard some truly inappropriate things but as a group we ignored them (I think they may not have completely heard him).

In someone elses house you are going to have to deal with asshats. Ignore them and hope they don't throw too much crap at you or get violent.
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

Our experience in Buffalo was good too. Of course, projected numbers were that there were at least 8,000 Ravens fans there according to their news. Most of the people that we encountered couldn't get past the fact that out of all the NFL cities, we had came to Buffalo to see a game. I think seat location makes a difference to. It was around our anniversary and I shelled out the extra money to have first row seats right off the field. When I've sat in the uppers at opposing stadiums, we've had more problems. The only problems we had in Buffalo was some guy called my husband a faggot for wearing his camo pants. I turned around and asked him when the last time he'd had his ass kicked by a girl was and he backed off.
    Sick and tired of transplants. If Pissburgh is so great, carry your black-lung asses back there.

6. Re: Baltimore Sun takes jab at Ravens fans...again

I didn't take the time to read all five pages of this, but I have a really hard time seeing all that be true. I've been to so many Ravens games, both home and away, and have seen nothing remotely similar to that. I've always sat in the lower level, so it may be different up in the nosebleeds. I just can't see all the racial slurs and all that being condoned by ALL the fans around you.

Take it from me. Don't argue with it. Don't say it didn't happen. Just go with it. Because if you think she was lying, you'll be persecuted for thinking that kind of behavior is acceptable. Which I never said it was. My main point of the whole thing was this organization is trying very hard to establish a better image. We've been saddled with this idea that we're nothing but undisciplined thugs and/or hicks. I honestly don't think her story is true. There's people just vindictive enough out there to make this kind of crap of. But for the Baltimore Sun to publish it without a shred of evidence is crap.

Hopefully I "watched my god damned" tone.
    Sick and tired of transplants. If Pissburgh is so great, carry your black-lung asses back there.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    Its not about being a "tough guy" it is having the self respect to not be pissed on. Thanks for the personal attack though.
    By you saying you'd knock out a Steeler fans' teeth for doing that in the middle of a sea of drunken Steeler fans on their home field is being an Internet tough guy and I don't think you'd really do that. If you did, as I said, you'd have dozens of people swarming you.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    I didn't take the time to read all five pages of this, but I have a really hard time seeing all that be true. I've been to so many Ravens games, both home and away, and have seen nothing remotely similar to that. I've always sat in the lower level, so it may be different up in the nosebleeds. I just can't see all the racial slurs and all that being condoned by ALL the fans around you.
    Agreed.

I too have been staying out of this one but I have to call BS on this chicks story.

I have seats for a while now, first I was 5 rows from heaven in the upper decks, then I was able to move down a little closer and now I sit in the lower bowl.

I have seen every kind of fan there is at that stadium and never once did I ever hear anything remotely racial in any form.

Her story supposes everyone around her would have been silent as these N-bombs were flying around all the while the fans within ear shot would have been silent, not texting the ravens text reporting thing, etc.