Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

GAME THREAD - Ravens/Broncos

Here we go. As close to a win or go home scenario as you're gonna get in the NFL at this point in the season. Let's hope Flacco keeps up his strong play, Rice bulls over some Broncos, and the D tightens up. They can do this.

GO RAVENS! See you in an hour!

Blog Entries

Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Broncos

Raven inactives:

3rd QB - John Beck
    Jalen Parmalee
    Antwan Barnes
    Oniel Cousins
    Tony Moll
    Kelly Talavou
    Paul Kruger
    Frank Walker

So Gaither will play, and apparently will start. Gooden isn't deactivated, so we'll see if he still plays. Walker is inactive, which is somewhat suprising, means Webb will DEFINITLEY see some D reps today.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Raven inactives:

3rd QB - John Beck
    Jalen Parmalee
    Antwan Barnes
    Oniel Cousins
    Tony Moll
    Kelly Talavou
    Paul Kruger
    Frank Walker

So Gaither will play, and apparently will start. Gooden isn't deactivated, so we'll see if he still plays. Walker is inactive, which is somewhat suprising, means Webb will DEFINITLEY see some D reps today.
    That is awesome news!!! Thats saves us about 3-4 pass interference calls today! :happyanim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PSMD410 View Post
    That is awesome news!!! Thats saves us about 3-4 pass interference calls today! :happyanim
    Ok, I'm sick of people using this to trash Walker...

While I am anxious to see what Webb can do, most times you see a PI call on Walker was because he was BEAT DEEP. As in if he doesn't interfere, his WR is too fast for him and burns us for a 70 yard TD.

So, would you rather take a 35 yard penalty, or a 70 yard TD?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

While I am anxious to see what Webb can do, most times you see a PI call on Walker was because he was BEAT DEEP. As in if he doesn't interfere, his WR is too fast for him and burns us for a 70 yard TD.

I notice that too. Like against the Vikings, when he grab the jersey. If he doesn't do that the WR catches the ball in stride and takes it to the house. DBs are coached to PI to save a TD sometimes.

Still doesn't excuse most of his PI calls.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

6. Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Broncos

GREAT to see that Webb should get some more time.

I am sorry but ever since he has become a Raven he has had a PI called damn near every time he plays. He plays the person and not the ball 9 times out of 10. When he stops then I will stop bashing him but he is who he is. :girlfight

8. Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Broncos

because he was BEAT DEEP.
    Uhh...that's the problem. As a corner, especially in that situation, you CAN'T get beat deep. He does all the time, hence the PI's. Can't happen.

Om on my way to the stadium now. Will be more rough thread updates from me but I'll do my best.

No Kruger again this week. I guess he just sucks right now.

Can't remember last time I was this nervous going into a regular season game this early in the year.

Saying my prayers to the football Gods for good officiating, better D, alot points from Flacco and Co. and most importantly a win.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller