Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Interesting Article in NY Daily News: Old Colts Sack AFC Champs

Re: Interesting Article in NY Daily News

Ok, good article about the Baltimore Colts and I hope the Indy Thiefs realize that they have no claim to Baltimores history.

Now for the un-fun part. When you link to an article, give us an idea what it's about, and maybe a quoted paragraph to get our appetites going.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Re: Interesting Article in NY Daily News

We could have been more welcoming to Dr.J....I'll change the thread title to make it more enticing....good point.

Dr. J. welcome aboard.

Re: Interesting Article in NY Daily News: Old Colts Sack AFC Champs

More welcoming? You mean be friendly and open to the ideas of others?

I have a cute anime chick in my avatar with a stuffed lion. What could be more welcoming than that?

Sure she could be naked but that's against forum rules (and possibly a violation of animal cruelty laws). Plus we don't even know if Dr.J likes naked anime chicks. We very well can't go around showing nude cartoons to people just to make them feel welcomed. What if they're a eunuch? Would you want to be screamed at in a high pitched squeel by a guy you can't kick in the nads?

No, you don't.

Oh yeah, welcome aboard Dr.J.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Now that's funny

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Sure she could be naked
    No matter how closely I stare at that cat I don't see a stitch of clothes. Police!! Arrest that man!
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Now I have a fully clothed avatar.
    ProFootballMock

I read this article yesterday, very good & nice to see Baltimore get some support from a NY paper. The Daily News stands behind us.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    More welcoming? You mean be friendly and open to the ideas of others?

I have a cute anime chick in my avatar with a stuffed lion. What could be more welcoming than that?

Sure she could be naked but that's against forum rules (and possibly a violation of animal cruelty laws). Plus we don't even know if Dr.J likes naked anime chicks. We very well can't go around showing nude cartoons to people just to make them feel welcomed. What if they're a eunuch? Would you want to be screamed at in a high pitched squeel by a guy you can't kick in the nads?

No, you don't.

Oh yeah, welcome aboard Dr.J.

Thumbs down Re: Interesting Article in NY Daily News: Old Colts Sack AFC Champs

Manning, who appreciates the history of the game more than most current players, was thrilled to be drafted by a team with so much tradition, but he was disappointed to learn the separation between past and present.

"When I got here (in 1998), I found out that none of them embraced Indianapolis," Manning said in "Johnny U," a 2006 biography by Tom Callahan. "None of the old players ever came to practice. It disappointed me. I wanted to feel connected to them."
    Fuck that asshole Manning! It's hard to believe that I used to root for his Dad. The audacity of that Indy wannabe. Sorry, son, you may to strive to be associated with the great history of the Baltimore Colts, but they, and the Baltimore Colt fans, want nothing to do with you.

FUCK YOU!!! You are the only player since Elway that I would not be sad to see your arm broken.

Truth is, some of the old Colts believe they've been alienated by the franchise. In turn, when Indianapolis tried to organize an alumni day in 1988, none of the players showed up. No one interviewed for this story said he's planning to be in Miami for the Super Bowl.

Many have adopted the Ravens as their new team, and they're quick to note the Ravens reached the Super Bowl - and won it - before Indianapolis.
    Great! These guys think like we fans do.

In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

11. Re: Interesting Article in NY Daily News: Old Colts Sack AFC Champs

Props from the Philly paper also.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/16531546.htm

The curse stays unless they win.
    We have one more shot - though I do not think the Bears have a shot in hell.

12. Re: Interesting Article in NY Daily News: Old Colts Sack AFC Champs

One other thing- There is a real difference in attitude between 2 types of old Balt Colts. 1) The player who simply played in Balt then went back to wherever he was from after the season. Those people, like Ray Berry and Bert Jones, just don't feel the same as the 2) guys who stayed in town and became Baltimorians. Which is understandable. But I still didn't like hearing Berry and Jones say they were rooting for Peyton.