Outrageous (non-Ravens) prediction!

Redskins to LA.
    Snyder is cracking down like some pitiful despot on the fans, proclaiming no signs what so ever allowed in the stands (due to many critical of him). Expect more "sell the team now" chants like last night. Next is a unified chorus of "snyder sucks". More than his ego can handle if you ask me. And it's that same ego that would have him salivating at the idea of owning a team on the nations second largest city. Just a thought. Discuss.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Outrageous (non-Ravens) prediction!

Nah, they sell out, are in a market the NFL does not want to disturb and Snyder is a dick, but he is a DC dick.

Blog Entries

Yeah, as crazy as Snyder is, he's no Al Davis yet. Snyder is like Bisciotti only in that both are local guys who loved football in the area, so they got their hands on a team specifically for cultivating in this locale.

Redskins won't move, they'll just keep getting worse via the meddlesome ridiculous owner.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Its an interesting prediction, but I don't think that a team that has been based near the DC area since 1937 (they were in Boston the first couple years before shipping down here) will be moving out across the country. I couldn't even imagine the backlash that would occur.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

The NFL rolled out the red carpet for Cleveland when the Browns left...

I would imagine, Washington would keep name, records...there would be an immediate expansion draft, all players fair game. The NFL will build the Redskins a 2nd stadium, right next to Fed Ex Field, so Snyder can charge people to sit NEXT to the Redskins game and watch it on a Jumbotron.

Meanwhile, the current team gets nothing, nothing, nothing...and the current players. Also they'd have to pay a couple million dollars to the city of Washington D.C.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Wink Re: Outrageous (non-Ravens) prediction!

Landover fans are in a major meltdown mode and trying to organize a fan revolt. And apparently Redskins security isn't laughing about it. Read a few of these for good laughs and better appreciation of what we have in Baltimore:

Redskins ban signs

WUSA9: 'Skins ban media from interviewing FedEx tailgaters

The Merged Tales Of The FedEx Gestapo.

Kicked out of game for chanting Snyder Sucks!

But: "Redskins to LA."

Why would Snyder leave Raljon MD, where he sells 900,000+ tickets @ $100/per annually, with 200,000 club sales @ $400/per and leases 200+ suites @ $100,000+ each (and sues if you miss a payment)? Plus he owns the stadium, and the team is worth $1.5 billion? He can laugh all the way to the bank.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I don't want them to be the closest team to me... that would feel... icky...
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

8. Re: Outrageous (non-Ravens) prediction!

There are several teams that would go to LA before the Foreskins. The Jaguars should be in LA at some point in the next couple years.

My money is on Jax to LA.