Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Funny 105.7 stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lap View Post
    The way the league is going-you know-making passing easier every season with new rules designed to protect the QB, WR's etc., pass rushers are becoming more and more important.
    Without a doubt. That is why I believe the Colts will win the Super Bowl this year, when you look at their team they are essentially set up this way. With the cornerbacks being held back by stupid illegal contact and interference calls even good ones are useless. They have very good pass rush and of course a great passing offense - two essential elements in the "new" NFL.

2. Re: Funny 105.7 stuff...

:grbac:Suggs is 2nd on our team in tackles behind Ray~Ray! He is playing a different role because of our loss of personel over the off season...And he's got 3 1/2 sacks, a half sack behind Trevor Pryce and Jarret Johnson!
    Last edited by Tspot-D-Ravenator; 10-27-2009 at 01:36 PM.

Jared Johnson!
    Is that the guy from Subway?

4. Re: Funny 105.7 stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo Rizon View Post
    Is that the guy from Subway?
    uh....Yeah...so I spelled it wrong... Jarret Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo Rizon View Post
    JB, why the edit?

I kind of like her point being crustal better...

crustal, adj., Of or relating to a crust, especially that of the earth, moon or the 2 day old underwear of Ravens' defensive backs.
    I guess jsut to make it more readable by others. But my fortunate typo can live on forever in replies...

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Think about this, if I tell you I won't do something unless you give me more money, is it about the money? How can you not understand that? If according to him he would be playing if a team gave him say 3 million dollars, but teams are only offering 1 million, then it's his "pride" keeping him from taking the 1 million?

"Pride" is keeping him out of the NFL?

No, it's the LACK OF INTEREST that is keeping him out of the NFL. It's his attitude and alcohol problem keeping him out of the NFL. It's Goodell and his tough on stupid policies that is keeping him out of the NFL by scaring teams from wanting to bring someone in like him who might get suspended.

Pacman Jones is out of the NFL too, is that because of pride as well? Pacman Jones won't play for less than what he is worth! Yea, makes total sense.

Maybe in Anita's mind it's pride, but in a place I'd like to call the real world pride has nothing to do with it.

I agree it's equal parts his knee and Grey Goose keeping him from the league, not money or Pride... I think he calls it a screw-yourself-driver.

But her point, if correct(can we assume she really talked to him?) was that it was his pride. I see how that is a very different thing then money itself, it is the size of the money... What the figure represents.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I agree it's equal parts his knee and Grey Goose keeping him from the league, not money or Pride... I think he calls it a screw-yourself-driver.

But her point, if correct(can we assume she really talked to him?) was that it was his pride. I see how that is a very different thing then money itself, it is the size of the money... What the figure represents.
    Don't get me wrong, I see what she means about "pride," I just don't buy it for a second.

And I meant to mention his knee, that's definitely another factor. He wasn't the healthiest player his last few seasons here.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

If it was about money, he would take what he can get. How clueless do you have to be to not understand that?

It's about the size of the money and how it compares to other players in the league, and how that affects his pride. If he needed money, he would sign any contract.
    I must be clueless as well. If it were about pride he would get back onto the field and show us how good he is.

I see your point, but he has it backwards.

Beyond that, given his off-the-field troubles I don't see him getting a great offer.

9. Re: Funny 105.7 stuff...

For what it's worth, I heard that he called Harbaugh a "Cracker"...Chris has got a HUGE pride issue. I remember when he got toasted by the Browns back when Couch was their QB..I think it was a year or two after our Super Bowl win, I ran into him at Arundle Mills Mall and asked him when he was going to live up to his potential... He pulled his shades down. looked me in the eyes and said, "I don't know what you're talking about?"...He looked like he was in total denile.

I must be clueless as well. If it were about pride he would get back onto the field and show us how good he is.

I see your point, but he has it backwards.

Beyond that, given his off-the-field troubles I don't see him getting a great offer.
    :word

As for Suggs, I think his value to the defense is understated in terms of how he supports the run. The man needs help getting after the passer and until the Ravens commit more resources to improving the pass rush, they have to blitz more.

Suggs has DISTINCTLY proven that he is not an elite edge rusher, it's really too bad we paid him Like Jared Allen, because he isn't playing anywhere near that level.

Jared Allen is one dimensional, I'd take Suggs over Allen anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
    Jared Allen is one dimensional, I'd take Suggs over Allen anyday.
    I'd take Suggs over Allen anyday if we had another excellent pass rusher but, unfortunately, we dont have that player. Allen is a stud pass rusher and gets pressure even if he goes against an excellent LT or if he is chipped/double-teamed. Suggs is a really good pass rusher if he has good players around him. Unfortunately, Suggs is neutralized when his teammates do not get a good push. Also, most of the time he gets shutdown against the elite LTs. Yes against the run, flat out, he is one of the best in the league (although this year hasn't been his greatest). Personally, I think Suggs is a great system player, so if the defense is good, he will be a star. When it is mediocre, 2007/09, his performance will come back down to earth. Is that worth $63M??? Dont know. I am still hoping that he has not hit his athletic/experience ceiling, but maybe he has. As a pass rusher, he is not the fastest around the end, nor does he have killer moves like Reggie White or Michael Straham did. Can he develop a killer move.. maybe, but we havent seen it yet into his 7th year. Now that we invested a crapload of money into Suggs, the number 1 need in the draft/FA is a complimentary DE. We need a Woodley. Kruger could be that guy, but honestly a project pick is disappointing. He better not be a huge miss like Cody, b/c you can see what the result is now with total striking out on a 2nd round pass rushing pick.