Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trip Review

Trip Review

Figured I might aswell write up a wee review of the trip, feel free to use this on the site if you want Dave - or just ignore it :p

Thursday:

Met with Dave in Heathrow after some confusion (Stupid terminal five woman told me to carry on straight through) And after a trip to duty free and a few beers, where we met some moron who called 'Prime Time' 'Show Time' it was onto the flight. Arrived in Baltimore on time and after a surprisingly easy trip through customs we met up with Ben. Arrived back at Ben's and headed straight out for some beers, wings and shrimp - fantastic! This was the night we met a lovely local who proclaimed his love of Alan Shearer to Ben mere seconds before telling him soccer was a pussy's game.

Friday:

Friday started off with us wondering what was going to come of the radio thing with Nestor. First off though was a trip to the Sip'n'Bite! After spending the day downtown - where I has my first, and last, taste of oysters - we headed up to Towson to meet Nestor. Interview was a good laugh all in all. Then we went out for dinner with Toe, once again wings. Then we hit a couple of bars before Dave fell asleep in Ale Mary's and we had to head home!

Saturday:

Terps game! After getting picked up by Toe we headed out to College Park, grabbed a few beers and met up with Niall and Lisa. The Terps game was a complete washout but a cool experience nonetheless. Headed home drenched before heading out with Ben and, I think, Kevin. Kislings for the greatest wings I have ever tasted. When we finally headed back to Ben's I dominated the first hole in Wii golf before my true skills were proven, not my proudest moment!

Sunday:

GAMETIME!! Arriving at the tailgate was honestly on of the best experiences of my life. Just seeing the sea of purple was a complete trip. When Fox TV appeared we did our best to keep Dave from pissing them off - he sang 'We want CBS' and launched celery at the poor guy! Tailgate was an absolute blast with much song singing and fan fare. The walk to the stadium was fantastic as we all (Niall, Myself, Ben and Dave) marched in singing 'Ravens till I die!' The game was, obviously, outstanding. Afterwards is where it all gets a bit hazy! Remember heading to Mother's, Max's (where I showed off my outstanding darts skills) and eventually made it back to Bens. I just remember waking up in the morning with one of the worst hangovers of my life!

All in all it was a fantastic trip and I'm already planning next year. Hoping myself and Katie will be coming over for 10 days and hopefully two games!

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Re: Trip Review

Good stuff.I remember when seeing the sea of purple at the tailgate it felt very emotional to be amongst so many Raven fans.

We were lucky we entered the tailgate with the marching band behind us.
    And thought Ben had really pulled the boat out for us.

There is alot to cram into such a small amount of time.Nothing beats the noise of M&T at full throttle.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

I read this article in the Baltimore Sun today and made me wonder---what would become of the UK Ravens if they get their own team?

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,1256952.story

Goodell expects more UK games
    NFL commissioner says London may eventually get a franchise

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell expects the league to start playing multiple regular-season games in Britain in the next few years - an expansion that could lead to putting a franchise in London.

Goodell said Friday that "every indicator" shows the British market can support more games and that having a franchise there is of "tremendous interest" to the league. But he stopped short of giving a timeline for expanding the NFL's overseas presence.

"The interest and the enthusiasm for our game continues to grow, and we want to feed that," Goodell said. "We want to respond to that by hopefully bringing more to the UK."

Goodell spoke at a sports conference Friday ahead of Sunday's game between the New England Patriots and Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Wembley Stadium. It's the third year in a row the NFL is staging a regular-season game in London, and the league is now looking into playing at least two games a year in Britain, he said. Aside from London, Manchester and Glasgow, Scotland, are being looked at as potential venues.

The league is considering expanding the regular season to 17 or 18 games, with a possibility for every team to play one game abroad. Patriots owner Robert Kraft said if the league wants more of the current franchises to travel internationally for games, the regular season should be extended so that teams can keep the same number of home games. The Bucs are giving up a home game this season.

"I'm not sure our fans would appreciate us giving up a regular-season [home] game, and I know I wouldn't like to do that. But eventually I think there's a chance of that if we expand the schedule," Kraft said.

It's not giong to happen - it's a mixture of PR and leverage for franchise negotiations.

I would watch when they play the Ravens - otherwise N.F.I. !!!

That was a test!!! Good answer!!!

NE/Tampa was the local AFC game yesterday. That is the first time this happen out of three Wembley games. I stood for God Save the Queen to show my allegiance to the UK Ravens. :eng:

Barry is still in country and apparently he was at my sisters and passing thru the room and stopped dead in his tracks when he heard God Save the Queen on the TV. He called me up and asked what was going on---I reminded him that he should have gone home for the big Wembley game. He got a good laugh out of it as it truly stopped him in his tracks.

:uk: for "God save the Queen" ( but it's also used for :eng:.)
    However the convention is now to move away from it for :eng: at sports events when the home nations are involved !!!!

:haggis use 'Flower of Scotland'.

:ire: have a couple now - Niall can fill us in, some thing about standing shoulder to shoulder when the bar is busy.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    :uk: for "God save the Queen" ( but it's also used for :eng:.)
    However the convention is now to move away from it for :eng: at sports events when the home nations are involved !!!!

:haggis use 'Flower of Scotland'.

:ire: have a couple now - Niall can fill us in, some thing about standing shoulder to shoulder when the bar is busy.
    England still use it at all sporting events, sort of have to, it was the English anthem before it was the British anthem.

The Irish have an anthem but for rugby union also have "Ireland's Call", which is where you're getting the shoulder to shoulder bit from.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Land of Hope and Glory always gets my goose pimples going.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSSbyytomT4
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Jerusalem is still the best altenate anthem for England / English sport.
    It specifically states 'England'.

I would have used the Union Flag but it was not an option.

Impressed Stockers!! - Yup, we have Amhrán na bhFiann which can be heard at pretty much all sporting events! - Ireland's Call is a classic and really gets me going when sung by the whole of Croke Park...

I think my fav has to be when the crowd sing
    The Fields of Athenry at Landsdowne Road or in a pub - really gets the heart pumping!!

Gordon, that was a nice recap of your trip to Baltimore! If you are going to do the 10 day stay next year I might be tempted to do the same! - If the opportunity presented itself I reckon i would move there for good!

Great win this weekend guys! Super game, everyone played like a Ravens :):happyanim

12. Re: Trip Review

Was going to email you about it actually too. Won't know the dates until the schedule comes out but looking at a 10 dayer at the end of September. Taking Katie over with me this time so we'll do the whole touristy thing - go up to Washington, etc. The more the merrier!