Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32
  1. Re: You can't pin the loss solely on Haushka



    Click Here----> SHANKAPOTOMUS
    And for anyone's 411, The Shank was drated by......Minnesota in the 2008 Draft
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tspot-D-Ravenator; 10-19-2009 at 12:49 PM.




  2. #17

    Re: You can't pin the loss solely on Haushka

    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Doesn't it make sense that if Harbaugh would want to get rid of one of the game's most legendary kickers because he couldn't put the ball in the endzone and he had trouble making longer field goals, then Harbaugh should want to get rid of a second year kicker who has the same issues?
    The difference is that Stover was declining in all those areas due to age. Stover was 5 of 9 over 40 yards last year. His kickoffs were getting to the 15 yard line. And by the way he is over 40 and his leg is getting weaker. There is nothing wrong with Hauscka's kickoffs. When the coverage is good they don't get out past the 25. Whether or not he becomes a clutch kicker that they can count on to wins games, I don't know. But it was time to move on from Stover. It is a shame the Ravens did not get succop because he looks really good.

    I did notice before the Vikes called a time out that Hauschka was really nervous and jumpy.




  3. Re: You can't pin the loss solely on Haushka

    Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    The difference is that Stover was declining in all those areas due to age. Stover was 5 of 9 over 40 yards last year. His kickoffs were getting to the 15 yard line. And by the way he is over 40 and his leg is getting weaker. There is nothing wrong with Hauscka's kickoffs. When the coverage is good they don't get out past the 25. Whether or not he becomes a clutch kicker that they can count on to wins games, I don't know. But it was time to move on from Stover. It is a shame the Ravens did not get succop because he looks really good.

    I did notice before the Vikes called a time out that Hauschka was really nervous and jumpy.
    They should have kept Stover and Hauschka and released Frank Walker




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Gettysburg, PA
    Posts
    2,959

    Re: You can't pin the loss solely on Haushka

    Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    Click Here----> SHANKAPOTOMUS
    And for anyone's 411, The Shank was drated by......Minnesota drafted him in the 2008 Draft
    That's great!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton




  5. #20

    Re: You can't pin the loss solely on Haushka

    I just don't think the kid can handle pressure, and the pressure on him just went up ten fold now that he missed his first attempt at a game winner. What's wrong with cutting your losses? He's just a kicker for crying out loud. If we are going to have a guy that shanks pressure kicks than I at least want someone who can put every kickoff in a dome towards the back of the endzone.




  6. #21

    Re: You can't pin the loss solely on Haushka

    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    I just don't think the kid can handle pressure, and the pressure on him just went up ten fold now that he missed his first attempt at a game winner. What's wrong with cutting your losses? He's just a kicker for crying out loud. If we are going to have a guy that shanks pressure kicks than I at least want someone who can put every kickoff in a dome towards the back of the endzone.
    You are just flat out overreacting, and I am going to chalk it up to simply this. The dude is in his first year as the full time kicker and he's 5-7. He missed the kick. If he keeps doing it, then I'm all for replacing him. But not after one kick in his first year with the job. That's rediculous and unrealistic and if people had that attitude all the time Stover wouldn't have become a "legendary" kicker either.




  7. #22

    Re: You can't pin the loss solely on Haushka

    I can see this either way. If they replace Hauska I can't argue w/ the decsion, but I think Harbaugh will give this kid one more chance.

    Stover was automatic from inside of 40. The last few years of his career here he was not automatic from outside of 40.

    Again, yes the kid missed a big kick....but no K makes every GW chance.
    If he misses another GW from the same distance or closer, then he has to go for sure.

    And what has happened to McGahee?

    FM




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,099
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: You can't pin the loss solely on Haushka

    And who are you going to bring in that does a better job?

    Graham Gano? Please, he'll miss TWO more game deciding FGs and I bet someone will be out there going "Well, the offense didn't get him close enough"

    Matt Bryant? That's the ONLY veteran K I know of available that would make sense. Unless Billy Cundiff got cut by the Browns yet...

    Carney from NO could be interesting, but the Saints kept Carney in the K job while Hartley was active, so they may choose to keep Carney around for most of the year.

    I'm just not seeing any options that make sense to bring in OVER Hauschka. You can talk all you want about how we should've kept Stover...that ship has sailed now. Looking at WHAT IS AVAILABLE, I don't think we have any better option than Steve.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  9. #24

    Re: You can't pin the loss solely on Haushka

    Everyone wants all kinds of wholesale changes, a WR, a set of new Cornerbacks, and now a new kicker. Football doesn't work that way. Your roster is pretty much set at the start of the season and then there are salary issues, trade deadlines. Moves are only made if a player gets hurt and is put on IR.

    People, all I'm going to say is what you see is what your going to have for the rest of the season. I bet that if Stover were available (which he isn't), the team would still stick with Haushka for the rest of the year. Frankly, I support the direction of the team, even if it results in a loss.

    We were so spoiled by Stover, especially in 2000 when he was the best offensive weapon on the team. But good teams don't put their kicker in that position. We lost the game because the defense couldn't hold back Minnesota's offense. We were ahead 31-30. We should have held them.




  10. #25

    Thumbs up Re: You can't pin the loss solely on Haushka

    Well...yes and no RW.

    Kickers get dropped mid season all the time. If they want to replace SH, they can find somebody.

    The Ravens have never been a big player in the trade market, but if they were willing to part w/ some player / draft pick combo they could prolly land an upgrade at WR or CB. I know they won't, but it is possible.

    After the bye week they need to go no worse than 2-1 in those next 3 games...if not, I think you say see ya to the playoffs.

    FM




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ocean Beach, CA.
    Posts
    117

    Re: You can't pin the loss solely on Haushka

    Landry had me furious on that second TD pass to Shiancoe. He was waiting for him to run an out pattern in the end zone. It was pathetic while he stood there and watched a TD. Mattison should be furious. I dont understand how they can be playing this bad. Make a statement Mattison!!!!




  12. Re: You can't pin the loss solely on Haushka

    You can look at this from just about any angle and you'd all be right.

    The dude has one job, and one job only...
    Kick the freakin' ball between the uprights from a distance within reason.
    God only knows how many practice kicks he makes a day.
    I'll assume it's alot.
    As a professional NFL kicker, being under pressure is part of the job.
    If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen!!

    To me right now at this point is the lack of depth on his kickoffs that's more disturbing.
    There ain't no pressure in that shit.
    That is the main reason he was retained and he ain't much better then what Stover was capable of doing.

    It's unfortunate he was put in the situation he was put in yesterday, but that happens quite often in the NFl so he better get use to it quickly.
    He clearly looked nervous to me as well.
    Too soon to bust his ass out after one important miss, but the treshold has certainly decreased significantly IMO.

    Can't blame the lose on him though.
    You cannot go into that place and spot a team like that 14-17 point leads and expect to win.
    The fact that we had a chance to win at the end was amazing in itself.

    Kind of wierd how all three of our losses seemed to be lost in the last seconds of each game except each one was from a different phase of the team.

    New England- Clayton drops a ball a 10 year old could have caught.
    Cincy- Defense gives up a last minute drive and TD.
    Minnesota- Special teams kicker shanks a very makeable kick.

    All three brutal in their own way but equally heart breaking.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!




  13. #28

    Re: You can't pin the loss solely on Haushka

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Oh! But it's so much easier to make one scapegoat than face reality that the team has several issues!

    You killjoy!
    Best post all week.

    And the scapegoat is easily identified as the guy who made the last mistake.

    The radio crew pointed out that our kick coverage unit was able to get downfield and get after Harvin because the kicks were *high*, which apparently was a strategic decision. There is more to kickoffs and leg strength than touchbacks...
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  14. #29

    Re: You can't pin the loss solely on Haushka

    what about 3 pts in the first half? That tepid offensive performance is inexcusable, I dont care what the final score was.




  15. #30

    Re: You can't pin the loss solely on Haushka

    Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Best post all week.

    And the scapegoat is easily identified as the guy who made the last mistake.

    The radio crew pointed out that our kick coverage unit was able to get downfield and get after Harvin because the kicks were *high*, which apparently was a strategic decision. There is more to kickoffs and leg strength than touchbacks...
    But....but.....but festivus. The armchair ST coaches that want Hauschka immediately cut say that every kick should go into the endzone no matter what.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland