Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Ray Rice Number 1 in total yards from scrimmage

I took Rice in the draft in one of my leagues, he was my 3rd RB taken behind AP and Ronnie Brown...

I had him queued up in my other league, but he was taken about 8 picks before me by our current league leader.

Rice was a bit of a gamble because all you had to go off of was preseason, he started looking REAL good at the end but by then most drafts were done. I knew he was going to be a big threat catching and running, so I keyed on him early.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I do think Willis is important to us still...

While I love the versatility he brings to us, and the dangerous in both forms of the game....he is going to end up taking a LOT of reps. I think he'll tire as the season goes on. We need to get McGahee playing as well as he did the first 4 weeks, because spelling Rice occassionally will keep him fresh for the end of the season.
    Willis had 3 less rushes yesterday than Ray. Ray is clearly the better back, I do agree you still need to rush Willis but there is no doubt now who the number 1 is!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Willis is an excellent back but Rice was the man yesterday. Willis made some uncharacteristically bad decisions on his running lanes yesterday, I thought. One time he tried to break it outside when Allen had the outside contained-mistake.

He was also tip toeing around the line of scrimmage trying to find a hole instead of hitting it hard.

Right now Ray Rice is the better player and I like Willis a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I do think Willis is important to us still...

While I love the versatility he brings to us, and the dangerous in both forms of the game....he is going to end up taking a LOT of reps. I think he'll tire as the season goes on. We need to get McGahee playing as well as he did the first 4 weeks, because spelling Rice occassionally will keep him fresh for the end of the season.
    Ray Rice was an absolute workhorse at Rutgers; carrying a much larger load than he will have to with the Ravens. One can say, "but that was college, and this is the NFL." Well, he was a college player then, and now he's an NFL player-- stronger, better conditioned, smarter. I about jumped through the ceiling when we drafted him, and happily, Ray Rice is who we thought he was.

But, it is true that we will need Willis and Leron this year. And I believe they'll come through.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    1. Ray Rice - 766
    2. Chris Johnson - 709
    3. Adrian Peterson - 722
    4. Steven Jackson - 671

What u taking bout Willis??

(and Manita)
    What a find late in the 2nd round! Can you tell me the RB's drafted in front of him? I know Darren McFadden, Jonathon Stewart, and Chris Johnson.

And yes, I am being very very lazy...

Quote Originally Posted by CRZA938 View Post
    What a find late in the 2nd round! Can you tell me the RB's drafted in front of him? I know Darren McFadden, Jonathon Stewart, and Chris Johnson.

And yes, I am being very very lazy...
    and Mendenhall. All those guys are good. But, skills aside, Ray has proven so far to be the best team guy.