Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Joe Flacco

Re: Joe Flacco

While I agree Ozzie is not perfect it is funny how people are bitching about the lack of talent at D now. We are not going to be perfect in the draft people, nobody is, but Ozzie has done a hell of a job drafting on D and the O is starting to pan out. I'm not saying he is the best GM ever but he has done a very good job for us for a long time!

Hell yes IMO Mattison should be the whipping boy right now, how can he not be? We were the number 2 D last year, it sounds crazy but the CB's is definitely an upgrade over last years and somehow our D has lost a step with Mattison. He is not moving players into the right position to make plays, we do not have the personnel to run a plain 4-3 as we have been drafting these tweener gys for the past 5 years who have to be put in the right spot to make plays, we do not have straight up bull rushers. I don't think Mattison was ready to handle a D in the NFL yet.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by caliraven View Post
    The weird/funny thing is-- most of the guys we'd consider true #1s will drop more balls than Mason and Clayton ever would, but hands are sacrificed for the size/speed ratio. The only flawless WRs are Fitzgerald, both Johnsons, Wayne, Ochocinco, and Moss.
    That's true. I guess the frustrating part is that we aren't making what I would call basic plays for NFL recievers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post

While I agree Ozzie is not perfect it is funny how people are bitching about the lack of talent at D now. We are not going to be perfect in the draft people, nobody is, but Ozzie has done a hell of a job drafting on D and the O is starting to pan out. I'm not saying he is the best GM ever but he has done a very good job for us for a long time!

Hell yes IMO Mattison should be the whipping boy right now, how can he not be? We were the number 2 D last year, it sounds crazy but the CB's is definitely an upgrade over last years and somehow our D has lost a step with Mattison. He is not moving players into the right position to make plays, we do not have the personnel to run a plain 4-3 as we have been drafting these tweener gys for the past 5 years who have to be put in the right spot to make plays, we do not have straight up bull rushers. I don't think Mattison was ready to handle a D in the NFL yet.
    Well said...