Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Flacco

Re: Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    I believe a decent CB is higher on the wish list than a WR.

Finally yes yes yes we can't stop teams from passing so a solid corner is the higher priority!!! Today was another example of that and someone needs to make Ed Reed stay home and play his position and free lance

He won't make the Pro Bowl until some others in front of him drop off or retire. Here are the reasons he won't make the pro bowl no matter how good he is:

1) Brady
    2) Manning
    3) Roethlispoop
    4) Palmer
    5) Shaub (the media loves when this guy is good for some reason)

In fairness, as good as he is, and he is REALLY good, he is probably still 4th on the list anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoer View Post
    Finally yes yes yes we can't stop teams from passing so a solid corner is the higher priority!!! Today was another example of that and someone needs to make Ed Reed stay home and play his position and free lance
    I agree we need a corner, but a trade for a pass rusher may be more important. I don't care if we trade for the two best corners of all time, if we don't start to get a rush there is no corner in the league that is going to play better.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Blog Entries

Yesterday, we did start to have a pass rush...The problem was squarely Rice. That guy just torched our WRs yesterday.

Just look at the other receivers...you have Shiancoe with 4 catches, 48 yards...AP with 4 catches, 23 yards...Berrian 3 catches 18 yards...Harvin 2 catches 10 yards...

I think the pass rush will come around, we've already started to see some good penetration from Suggs, Pryce, JJ, etc. We just need our CBs to step up and get some coverage. If we don't let Rice burn us on a few of those plays, Favre likely dumps it off and we're looking at a short gain, not a huge 40+ yard play.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post

With substandard receivers.(allegedly)
    On a running team, allegedly...

Why are we still griping about the WRs? They haven't been the problem. Sure, Clayton dropped the bad one against the pats, but every WR has a drop. His just came at the exact wrong time as a result of trying to do too much. Those guys are doing a good job and playing winning football.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    I will take either one.
    Yep, stay consistent with our best player available model.

Quote Originally Posted by caliraven View Post
    Why are we still griping about the WRs? They haven't been the problem. Sure, Clayton dropped the bad one against the pats, but every WR has a drop. His just came at the exact wrong time as a result of trying to do too much. Those guys are doing a good job and playing winning football.
    I'll agree they are not the major culprits, but Mason dropped a sure first down to keep a drive alive, as well as the deep ball that he just couldn't get to. I'm just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by caliraven View Post
    While WR is not the biggest problem it is certainly an area that needs to be addressed. They definitely need to get a young true #1. The team really needs to upgrade its pass rush and get a good corner. I would like to see if Webb could potentially be that guy. At least give him a shot. It is not like he could be any worse.

Off topic but whats funny is i came into the season thinking we had the deepest secondary in the league....Washington has been bad, Foxworth has been a step above that, Rolle hurt, Carr bad in coverage and as a returner and Walker has been ok until a WR runs a route deeper then 10 yards lol, I think its time to get Webb out there, he's fast and physical and even if he makes mistakes can it really be any worse, i say throw him in the fire now and by next year he's more ready to be a starter next year, or at least the 3rd corner

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    God forbid you criticize Teflon Oz. Since the 2004 draft, we only have Ngata (a bonafide superstar), a subpar SS in Landry, and a sorta tweener LB in Gooden to show for as current starters on the Defensive side. Thats the #1 reason why we currently suck. So I guess Mr Magoo (Mattison) will be our favorite whipping boy, b/c the old standby, Billick, aint around anymore.
    For years people bitched about Ozzie not drafting offensive players. He does so and hits on Joe Flacco and Ray Rice and now people are bitching about not drafting defense.

I agree that he is not perfect. Is that your point?
    Last edited by CRZA938; 10-19-2009 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRZA938 View Post
    I'll agree they are not the major culprits, but Mason dropped a sure first down to keep a drive alive, as well as the deep ball that he just couldn't get to. I'm just sayin...
    The weird/funny thing is-- most of the guys we'd consider true #1s will drop more balls than Mason and Clayton ever would, but hands are sacrificed for the size/speed ratio. The only flawless WRs are Fitzgerald, both Johnsons, Wayne, Ochocinco, and Moss.