Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1

    Where we stand...



    Projected Division winners...

    Broncos 5-0
    Patriots 4-2
    Colts 5-0

    Fighting for the rest.....

    Cinci - 4-2
    Pitt - 4-2
    Ravens - 3-3
    Jets - 3-3
    Jax - 3-3
    SD - 2-2
    Miami 2-3


    It would be in our best interest if the Bronco's won tomorrow night.

    And we are better then every single one of those teams at 3-3 or worse, even with the defense struggling.

    All hope is not lost.

    Although I will say the Broncos game is a flat out must win.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,126

    Re: Where we stand...

    I disagree. We are officially the best of the bad teams in this league.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!





  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD.
    Posts
    1,403

    Re: Where we stand...

    We've played 6 games and you want to talk about post season? How about we worry about putting this bye week to good use. Heal up Gaither and anyone else busted up. Figure out the issue with the defense and worry about the Broncos. So much can happen in with 10 games to go.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998




  4. #4

    Re: Where we stand...

    Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    I disagree. We are officially the best of the bad teams in this league.
    **shakes head***




  5. #5

    Re: Where we stand...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    We've played 6 games and you want to talk about post season? How about we worry about putting this bye week to good use. Heal up Gaither and anyone else busted up. Figure out the issue with the defense and worry about the Broncos. So much can happen in with 10 games to go.
    Apparently you missed the "Where we stand" thread title.

    As in...NOW.

    Don't recall ever mentioning the postseason, just how we stack up right NOW compared to the other teams in the AFC.

    It could be looked at as useful information to some.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Gettysburg, PA
    Posts
    2,959

    Re: Where we stand...

    I believe the Stillers are the team to beat in our division. And, yes, pull for the Broncos tomorrow night.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD.
    Posts
    1,403

    Re: Where we stand...

    Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Apparently you missed the "Where we stand" thread title.

    As in...NOW.

    Don't recall ever mentioning the postseason, just how we stack up right NOW compared to the other teams in the AFC.

    It could be looked at as useful information to some.
    Projected Division winners? Denver a must win? No...that doesn't sounds like do or die/post season stuff at all.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    8,263

    Re: Where we stand...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    We've played 6 games and you want to talk about post season? How about we worry about putting this bye week to good use. Heal up Gaither and anyone else busted up. Figure out the issue with the defense and worry about the Broncos. So much can happen in with 10 games to go.


    No one should be looking down the road to the playoffs. Right now we could finish anywhere from 13-3 to 3-13. Lets just worry about Denver.




  9. #9

    Re: Where we stand...

    How about you just ignore it if you don't care?

    Sounds like a plan.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD.
    Posts
    1,403

    Re: Where we stand...

    I'm sorry...this is a discussion board right? Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,099
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Where we stand...

    I'll defend this thread...we're going into a bye this week. Now is the best time to consider what we need to do to finish off the season.

    Granted, I'm not trying to project the playoffs, but we also need to look at the way our division opponents are playing and try to get this team playing to their level of competition...OVER their level of competition.

    Inevitably, you have to take stock of where you are at your bye week. From here on out, there's no more breaks until the playoffs...And then, it's either you have a break because you're #1 or 2, you have no break because you're playing a playoff game, or you have a break...for 7 months because your season is over.

    So I would agree with this thread more as a "state of the season" evaluation.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    8,263

    Re: Where we stand...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    I'm sorry...this is a discussion board right? Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.
    No this is the if you dont agree, dont comment board. Get with the program.




  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD.
    Posts
    1,403

    Re: Where we stand...

    LOL...it's all good. I understand the thread but disagreed with what I thought where the poster was going. I'm not looking past Denver...1 game at a time and see how it plans out.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998




  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    8,263

    Re: Where we stand...

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I'll defend this thread...we're going into a bye this week. Now is the best time to consider what we need to do to finish off the season.

    Granted, I'm not trying to project the playoffs, but we also need to look at the way our division opponents are playing and try to get this team playing to their level of competition...OVER their level of competition.

    Inevitably, you have to take stock of where you are at your bye week. From here on out, there's no more breaks until the playoffs...And then, it's either you have a break because you're #1 or 2, you have no break because you're playing a playoff game, or you have a break...for 7 months because your season is over.

    So I would agree with this thread more as a "state of the season" evaluation.

    Good point. But looking around at the competition in the AFC could have the reverse affect. Panick. I dont believe thats what will happen.

    Its easy to just worry about what you can control. Your play on the field. Look only to the next opponent. Take care of business first then look around the AFC and see where you stand.




  15. #15

    Re: Where we stand...

    This game actually reminds me a lot of the Colts game last year. Closing in on mid-season, we were a mediocre to bad looking team that got absolutely blown out by a very good team. First half was about as bad as it could get. But then a light went on for Flacco and he turned it around the second half.

    The primary difference is that we're 3-3 now, and we were closer to winning this game than the Colts game. On top of that, we had our bye burned week 2 as opposed to week 7.

    There is no "must win" game on the schedule left for us right now. 11-5 is highly likely to be good enough to get in, if not win the division. This team showed incredible moxy down the stretch of this game. And more importantly, when down 17 points in the 4th quarter against a team that was KILLING us, nobody quit. And save for 2 plays (the Peterson run and the Rice catch), everyone buckled down and played extremely well to allow us to get back into it.

    We're a very good team that has just lost three VERY close games to three VERY good teams. Our schedule isn't easy, but it's not much if any harder than it is for the rest of the division.

    We're not at all in terrible shape.

    - C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

    www.oblongspheroid.com

    A blog about any and everything football.

    Twitter: oblong_spheroid




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland