Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: The Band That Wouldn't Die - Remaining schedule

Can anyone really not like the band after this movie?
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Thumbs down Re: The Band That Wouldn't Die - Remaining schedule

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    But the truth is in the stadium, with the average fan, when the seats are so empty at halftime you'd think they were giving gold coins away in the concourses.
    This has nothing to do with the band. Rather, it's full bladders, the need to smoke, the need to socialize, or just stretch legs. This is fan behavior throughout the NFL. I've been to about three dozen stadiums, NFL and college -- at every single one the fans empty out from the seating bowl at halftime. It happened at Foxboro, at the Metrodome, and at Navy-Marine Corps Stadium today.

No one rushes into the stadium from tailgating to see Script Ravens either.
    How do you know? Do you go into the stadium early? I do ... usually 1:15 before the game. There are thousands there who enjoy watching the warm-ups, the band, the National Anthem, the players intros, and the occasional flyover. Try it sometime instead of tailgating up until kick-off.

And from my seats I've heard plenty of complaints about how loud the band is when they got their new audio setup..
    Perhaps the problem is the people you hang out with. I've never heard a complaint about the band.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Some of the remarks made in this thread are embarrassing.

PP

Agreed! The band special allowed my kids to see why their mother goes nuts when it comes to the Colts.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    There are there on the field every time the band is. How drunk do you get at games? You apparently miss a lot of detail and make a lot of mistakes, like in regard to the pilots who you thought didn't get to come to the games.
    The flag wavers used to have solo performances - and I hardly get drunk at the games, a topic you seem to have a strange fascination with.

Greg, in case you didn't know I work on the airplanes those pilots fly. I know a lot of the pilots personally. I never said they didn't go to games, I said the people who work on them don't get to go to games. If you didn't realize those jets all have Ravens logos on the side of them and a ton of die hards work on them. Those die hards missed a lot of football games, hell seasons, being deployed since 9/11. They, myself included, are going to miss the playoffs this year thanks to a deployment. So don't try to school me on anything Air Force related, thanks

I passed along the web site to a lawyer friend in Fells and she feels there is a very strong trademark infringement case against the site.

Use of the word "Ravens", when done in the public domain, is off limits unless the team has given permission.

I have drafted a letter, requesting the Ravens to back the band up and enforce their trademark rights.

If anyone else wants to add their name, I will make it a petition and post here.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 10-26-2009 at 02:54 PM.

As an active duty member of the military, I am officially embarassed that this marching band hater shares my profession...:grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I passed along the web site to a lawyer friend in Fells and she feels there is a very strong copyright infringement case against the site.

Use of the word "Ravens", when done in the public domain, is off limits unless the team has given permission.

I have drafted a letter, requesting the Ravens to back the band up and enforce their copyright rights.

If anyone else wants to add their name, I will make it a petition and post here.
    Post it Houston, I'll sign.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

The flag wavers used to have solo performances - and I hardly get drunk at the games, a topic you seem to have a strange fascination with.

Greg, in case you didn't know I work on the airplanes those pilots fly. I know a lot of the pilots personally. I never said they didn't go to games, I said the people who work on them don't get to go to games. If you didn't realize those jets all have Ravens logos on the side of them and a ton of die hards work on them. Those die hards missed a lot of football games, hell seasons, being deployed since 9/11. They, myself included, are going to miss the playoffs this year thanks to a deployment. So don't try to school me on anything Air Force related, thanks
    Okay, but since they are Air Guard aircraft and not Air Force can I now school you? I used to be a flight instructor at Martin State Airport, where most of those flights originate from.

And yes, I know they have Ravens logos on them, and that means . . . ?

The flag wavers still have solo performances during breaks. Every game there is at least one.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Okay, but since they are Air Guard aircraft and not Air Force can I now school you? I used to be a flight instructor at Martin State Airport, where most of those flights originate from.

And yes, I know they have Ravens logos on them, and that means . . . ?

The flag wavers still have solo performances during breaks. Every game there is at least one.
    Instructor on the civilian side? What does that have to do with the Air Force? That guard unit has plenty of die hard Ravens fans, pilots included.

I'm raising the b.s. flag on that one. I have been to two home games this year out of three and haven't seen the flag wavers doing any solo performances. The cheerleaders have gotten all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I passed along the web site to a lawyer friend in Fells and she feels there is a very strong copyright infringement case against the site.

I have drafted a letter, requesting the Ravens to back the band up and enforce their copyright rights.

I've already gotten a letter from the NFL - they said I couldn't sell anything so I stopped. The end. His name is David M. Proper, dproper@nfl.com.

You and your lawyer can...well I'll leave that statement for a personal encounter, if it ever happens

I've already gotten a letter from the NFL - they said I couldn't sell anything so I stopped. The end. His name is David M. Proper, dproper@nfl.com.

You and your lawyer can...well I'll leave that statement for a personal encounter, if it ever happens
    If you stopped why is the store still active?
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis