Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. My official bring back C-Mac thread

Unless it was really ugly what happened last year between he and Harbaugh, I think it may be time to give C-Mac a call. I'm not in panic mode but we look pretty suspect in the secondary and I would think he could step right in and help. Not to mention the dude must be a little humbled these days.

Re: My official bring back C-Mac thread

Quote Originally Posted by GoRavens316 View Post
    Unless it was really ugly what happened last year between he and Harbaugh
    Here is where I stopped reading.

It's well known that yes it was THAT ugly.

Not to mention the fact that there are plenty of teams in the league who could use DB help, yet McAlister's phone's not ringing. Either his contract demands are too much, or the rest of the league sees him as a liability.

Or maybe both.

Not gonna happen. This is not the first "official" bring back C-Mac thread. For as many threads as we have had about this and every other "bring back" thread, none of tem have gotten the attention of the Ravens org.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Also bring back Woodson, Starkes, and Bruce Laird. Shannon Sharpe...Testeverde..also the Goose! Siragusa. and the original Marching Band. How about the old Colts Fight Song? Shit, I think we should bring back Memorial Stadium while we are at it. Lets bring back my youth! I want to be 18 again.

God I wish we could ban people for posting 18,000 Stover and McAlister threads.

Blog Entries

I'll see your situation and raise you a situation...

BRING BACK THE WHOLE 2000 DEFENSE!

Every single player. Oh, wait, I'll grant you let's leave Ed Reed at FS and replace Kim Herring.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris McAlister would come back against the Broncos and Marshall would burn him for 3 TDs. Then, what would you be saying?

CMAC IS GARBAGE, along with EVERY other FA CB available right now. They haven't been playing FOR A REASON.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

8. Re: My official bring back C-Mac thread

Is it really our secondary or has our secondary always been mediocre and benefited from pressure on the QB!!!! Pressure makes secondaries look much better than they really are.

Blog Entries

There was a couple changes this year that have changed our play dramatically...

#1 - DC - I still won't say that losing Rex breaks this D...but everyone can admit, when you change a coordinator, there is an adjustment period. Mattison is trying to bring his own flavor to the D, and I think he's trying to go from the "organized chaos" which could be spot on at times, and totally blowout at other times, to a balanced, more fundamental defense. Players have to learn different styles and calls.

#2 - CB - We did make some changes here...Last year, we had CMac and Rolle to start. CMac was out most of the season, Rolle was back and forth with Frank Walker and Fabian filling in, along with Ivy. This year, we go with Fabian and Foxworth...two speedy, cover corners. These guys are not built to shutdown a WR. They are built to stick with fast WRs and stop the burn play. You will notice, the only real long TD catch we've given up this year was a swing pass to Sproles. But the fact is, we're built to concede the 5-10 yard pass to bigger receivers.

#3 - Safeties - Ok, I'll finally admit it...Leonard was more of a threat in pass defense than Landry. Landry is built to play the run better.

#4 - LBs - Losing Bart Scott and going to Gooden/McClain/Ellerbe is a bit of an adjustment. Bart was a big time gamer, and you have to give those three some time to grow into their role, like Bart had a few years to develop.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Give it up on McAllister. Stop living in the past. He is not coming back, no matter what!

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    God I wish we could ban people for posting 18,000 Stover and McAlister threads.
    Amen!
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

12. Re: My official bring back C-Mac thread

How about getting Ronde Barder from Tampa. I'm sure he would like a shot to be on a contender his last couple of years. Is Rolle comming back or what?