Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Landry is the problem more than corners

Been watching DB's for 20 years. Most completed passes against the Ravens have been long to midrange passes, not many quick hot routes. This is usually the fault of the Safeties. Make a read, react, and pursue the spot. Landry has been making terrible reads, bad angles and is just slow a foot, been this way all season. The corner play have been average not bad, but the safeties including Reed at times is not playing well either. If you saw today it was GOODEN, run by Landry to catch Peterson and force him out of bounds, Landry should be making that play, he is so slow. He is the weakest of the links, might be time to look in another direction. Can someone tell me when Landry has been on time on a hit to make a defender drop a ball? I havent seen it once. Maybe give Webb a shot, he is lean but a good hitter, anything is better than Landry at this point.

Re: Landry is the problem more than corners

Landry was the worst player in the secondary today, no doubt(not that any of the rest of them played well).

I know you have been on this blame Landry for everything trip for a while.

Yes Landry has been pretty poor this season.

But I have watched CB's get their asses beat by one on one coverage all season too and Reed is known to gamble a lot and lose.

This is an entire secondary issue, replacing only Landry is not going to make us much better, if at all.

It is amazing how one can disect a part of the field that is not covered by the cameras.

Do you have access to the game tape to see all of these issues from the overhead shot or something?

If so send me a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    It is amazing how one can disect a part of the field that is not covered by the cameras.

Do you have access to the game tape to see all of these issues from the overhead shot or something?

If so send me a copy.
    :word

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post

If so send me a copy.
    I agree.

Sometimes it is obvious, and sometimes you can make educated guesses.

But to be so passionate about it as if you are watching film with Mattison is a little wierd.

I was at the game, duh?

Even if you saw the game you would be blind if you did not see how slow Landry is. Stop glossing over terrible safety play.

Blog Entries

The last TD to Shiancoe(sp) Landry watched him run right in and did nothing....TD Shiancoe!

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    I was at the game, duh?
    Every one so far?

You have been screaming about Landry for a month now, how convenient that it was he who blew every single coverage.

Been to the game at SD, Cincy at home, At Minnie and the opening game. 4 of the 6. Going to the one vs Denver in Balt, Indy, Chicago and maybe at Oakland(last game, but looks like it wont matter)/ He didnt blow every coverage, but is rarely in on any, on the sidelines, the players and coaches were talking to him and his head was down a lot, not a good sign, Farve went at his side right after the Ravens TD, thought that was telling, he should of been back there, and it was his side but gave up on the play and played run.

Who would have thought Jim Leonhard would be the biggest loss of the offseason. Landry isn't the same player he was before the neck injury