Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: My Dad said that Hauschka would cost us 2 games this year

Quote Originally Posted by BmoreBrawla View Post
    That is possible, I didnt seen anything like that on TV but that doesnt mean it didnt happen.
    His head was turned around and trying to track the ball and slowed down for a step or two before trying to catch up to it.

Flacco's deep ball is fine. And he hit some great intermediate passes today too including a couple to Mason and one to Washington.

all i got from my dad was "dont run with scissors."

Stover is a Hall of Fame type kicker and following him is not going to be easy. Your Dad is probably right--he probably will miss his share of crucial game winning kicks. However, the front office and coaching staff made their decision and they have to live with it, because Stover is now unavailable.

However, to blame the loss on the kicker is unfair. Our defense gave up 33 points! Our offense scored 31 points, had the lead and our defense for the second straight week could not hold off the other team. That to me is where the blame lies.

My dad says that people who specialize in a finite area and fail in that area are useless as tits on a bore.

We'll bring in competition this off-season if not this week, but it's already been noted and should be repeated that Stover was pretty bad his first two years too.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

The real question is will he be named the top Goat on the Heroes and Goats thread?

Not gonna say I wasn't hoping the spirit of Matt Stover would suddenly possess him right before the poor snap. Because I was.:grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    The real question is will he be named the top Goat on the Heroes and Goats thread?
    That's what we're all waiting to hear R52 - can't wait!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

In my mind, it's got to be Fabian Washington or Dawan Landry with how badly they got burnt. Hauschka actually did make one of his kicks, but I can't think of ANYTHING Fabian did that was a good play yesterday.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!