Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The positives

1. Re: The positives

Quote Originally Posted by BmoreBrawla View Post
    This team looks just like the Chargers. We need to take the handcuffs off and let Flacco lead this team.
    Please elaborate.

At what point of an offensive performance do you declare that the handcuffs have been removed?

40 something pass attempts with close to 400 yards passing and almost pulling off an improbable win, and you think Flacco was handcuffed?
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Re: The positives

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Just a reminder this is his 6th NFL game. He more than held his own against a top NFL DE. If Gaither had that performance I would not have been thrilled, but all things considered I think Oher's play was a positive.
    Okay. Fair enough.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Please elaborate.

At what point of an offensive performance do you declare that the handcuffs have been removed?

40 something pass attempts with close to 400 yards passing and almost pulling off an improbable win, and you think Flacco was handcuffed?
    Second half vs first half. 3 pts vs 28 pts. You decide.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Please elaborate.

Fanatic, he was handcuffed a bit in the first half. Cam called the game the fans wanted. We ran the ball on first down and second, and we got Mcgahee involved. Hopefully Cam has learned that he is paid to coach, not the fans. We can still make noise this season, but their are going to be a ton of shoot outs.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Let's buck the trend, come back off the ledge, and talk about the positives in this game.

-Great comeback in the second half when it seemed we were down and out. Showed resiliency especially by Flacco and our defense was tired but was still only giving up FG's for the last few drives.

-Great Mark Clayton catch to start the come back

-Ray Rice is a stud, with the passes out of the backfield and the stiff arms, great overall game. I think he's a keeper.

-Oher played very well against Jared Allen, only sack he gave up was the miscommunication when he thought he was going to have a RB pick him up. Allen did get pressure but he's a great DE so that's expected. For a rookie Oher has been solid, what a great draft pick.

-Chester is the unsung hero of this team. He has been killing guys and his athleticism is helpful on the screens.

-Ray Lewis is just not human. He was playing great after the 1st quarter, at his age it's really unbelievable. Him going head to head with Peterson and stuffing him, great football right there.

-Ladarius Webb was doing very well on the kick offs. He should have easily won this job after that performance.
    Well said, anyone who questions #5 should be sent to stand in the corner. He took a pounding and was the one delivering the hay makers at games end. In the last 3 weeks he has delivered in the clutch and been deprived of signature drives by a drop and a miss FG.
    A few ther bright spots. Tavares Gooden and at the end Ellerbee played well. Great hustle from Gooden to track down AP.
    D. Williams got out of Harbs dog house and made a nice catch and nice block.
    My emotions need a bye, but once I get over being pissed I will feel real good about our two young stars on the offense. As the OP noted, Rice is a stud and Flacco is special.

If Cam would have used the throw first routine in the first half it would not have been close. We would have won running away. Harbaugh has to get over his Billick mentality and realize that we have a star at QB and let him play the whole game. With this D it is our only choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Fanatic, he was handcuffed a bit in the first half. Cam called the game the fans wanted. We ran the ball on first down and second, and we got Mcgahee involved. Hopefully Cam has learned that he is paid to coach, not the fans. We can still make noise this season, but their are going to be a ton of shoot outs.
    PG a lot of the first half calls were a result of poor field position. Also they (Vikings) seem to be going right on the snap count in the first half. And if the bomb to Mason is completed wouldn't that have changed the play calling.

Positives??? We are not the redskins or the Eagles.........holy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy View Post
    If Cam would have used the throw first routine in the first half it would not have been close. We would have won running away. Harbaugh has to get over his Billick mentality and realize that we have a star at QB and let him play the whole game. With this D it is our only choice.
    Amen!

Blog Entries

Hilarious, a couple of weeks ago everyone was calling Cam out for not running enough.. now he runs and everyone wants him to pass!

Great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Hilarious, a couple of weeks ago everyone was calling Cam out for not running enough.. now he runs and everyone wants him to pass!

Great stuff!
    This might be true for some people, but not everyone.

Think about this:
    We're +/- four catches, three penalties, and one kick away from being 6-0.
    I cannot remember a time when I didn't worry when were down two scores. I have faith in the offense now.
    I do sweat the defense so that's new, but this team excites me win or lose!

Thanks for staring this post. I was pissed as hell seeing them get walked all over, proud they came back and sicken on the FG miss. Then of course you come on here and the place is in total meltdown...jesus. Even on my Facebook every post is Stover..Stover...makes me sick.

This loss sucks, yes, but damn the offense has me jacked up. Flacco, Rice and this young OL will be good for years. We need to sure this defense up and we'll be fine. Lots of positives.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Blog Entries

Hell yeah! I'm proud that these guys fought back how they did -- against arguably the best team in the NFL, in their place. You can be sure the Vikes got the shit scared out of them. Everybody knows what the Ravens can do. New England saw it, and so did these guys. Both those teams know damn well they probably could and should have lost to the Ravens. There isn't a team in the NFL that isn't scared shitless of the Ravens now -- if they weren't already, seeing them explode for all those points late, and bounce back EVERY TIME the Vikings threw another punch... NOBODY wants to get on the other end of that.

I fully look forward to the Ravens putting the finishing touches on these kinds of games, and opening major cans of whoopass the rest of this season, next season, the season after that... etc. This team is stacked!!! You can't have all-pro's at every position -- no team can. But the Ravens are as poised as anybody -- ANYBODY -- for major short and long term success in the NFL. Today's came to me just proves it even more.

Look at all the garbage nearly every other team in the league played like today! THE RAVENS ARE NOT REMOTELY ANYTHING LIKE THOSE SHIT-ASS TEAMS!!!

Three losses by a total of 11 points.....

and the Heart of a Champion displayed today!!