Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The positives

1. Re: The positives

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!
    I try and read the game posts in real time, but it gets really depressing, almost ridiculous. I have 3 rooms in my house, all covered in purple--Jerseys, helmets, photos, all the knick-knacks, the whole 9 yards. Been to almost everyday of every camp, Sure, we all want to be 6-0, like every NFL team. But, not for lack of trying, and by very close margins, we are 3-3. Are there some issues? Of course, but I have confidence in this organization. You can bitch and moan all day, but seeing people blog about the positives is quite refreshing. I know a guy who's wife left him because he was such an asshole for a week after a Raven's loss. GOOD FOR HER! All the bitching serves no constructive purpose, and gets old. Am I disappointed? YES! Giving up? HELL NO, NEVER - I LOVE MY TEAM AND HAVE FAITH IN OUR COACHES AND OWNERSHIP. Through the Raven years, there have been many more ups than downs. GO RAVENS!!
    Ape4ravens

Re: The positives

This team looks just like the Chargers. We need to take the handcuffs off and let Flacco lead this team.

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    Then we will just have to agree to disagree. I am not saying he stunk it up. I am saying he struggled a lot during this game. Made some mental mistakes. I do not think he was a "positive" but he was not a detriment in the long run to the team.
    Just a reminder this is his 6th NFL game. He more than held his own against a top NFL DE. If Gaither had that performance I would not have been thrilled, but all things considered I think Oher's play was a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by BmoreBrawla View Post
    This team looks just like the Chargers. We need to take the handcuffs off and let Flacco lead this team.
    Please elaborate.

At what point of an offensive performance do you declare that the handcuffs have been removed?

40 something pass attempts with close to 400 yards passing and almost pulling off an improbable win, and you think Flacco was handcuffed?
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Just a reminder this is his 6th NFL game. He more than held his own against a top NFL DE. If Gaither had that performance I would not have been thrilled, but all things considered I think Oher's play was a positive.
    Okay. Fair enough.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Please elaborate.

At what point of an offensive performance do you declare that the handcuffs have been removed?

40 something pass attempts with close to 400 yards passing and almost pulling off an improbable win, and you think Flacco was handcuffed?
    Second half vs first half. 3 pts vs 28 pts. You decide.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Please elaborate.

Fanatic, he was handcuffed a bit in the first half. Cam called the game the fans wanted. We ran the ball on first down and second, and we got Mcgahee involved. Hopefully Cam has learned that he is paid to coach, not the fans. We can still make noise this season, but their are going to be a ton of shoot outs.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Let's buck the trend, come back off the ledge, and talk about the positives in this game.

-Great comeback in the second half when it seemed we were down and out. Showed resiliency especially by Flacco and our defense was tired but was still only giving up FG's for the last few drives.

-Great Mark Clayton catch to start the come back

-Ray Rice is a stud, with the passes out of the backfield and the stiff arms, great overall game. I think he's a keeper.

-Oher played very well against Jared Allen, only sack he gave up was the miscommunication when he thought he was going to have a RB pick him up. Allen did get pressure but he's a great DE so that's expected. For a rookie Oher has been solid, what a great draft pick.

-Chester is the unsung hero of this team. He has been killing guys and his athleticism is helpful on the screens.

-Ray Lewis is just not human. He was playing great after the 1st quarter, at his age it's really unbelievable. Him going head to head with Peterson and stuffing him, great football right there.

-Ladarius Webb was doing very well on the kick offs. He should have easily won this job after that performance.
    Well said, anyone who questions #5 should be sent to stand in the corner. He took a pounding and was the one delivering the hay makers at games end. In the last 3 weeks he has delivered in the clutch and been deprived of signature drives by a drop and a miss FG.
    A few ther bright spots. Tavares Gooden and at the end Ellerbee played well. Great hustle from Gooden to track down AP.
    D. Williams got out of Harbs dog house and made a nice catch and nice block.
    My emotions need a bye, but once I get over being pissed I will feel real good about our two young stars on the offense. As the OP noted, Rice is a stud and Flacco is special.

If Cam would have used the throw first routine in the first half it would not have been close. We would have won running away. Harbaugh has to get over his Billick mentality and realize that we have a star at QB and let him play the whole game. With this D it is our only choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Fanatic, he was handcuffed a bit in the first half. Cam called the game the fans wanted. We ran the ball on first down and second, and we got Mcgahee involved. Hopefully Cam has learned that he is paid to coach, not the fans. We can still make noise this season, but their are going to be a ton of shoot outs.
    PG a lot of the first half calls were a result of poor field position. Also they (Vikings) seem to be going right on the snap count in the first half. And if the bomb to Mason is completed wouldn't that have changed the play calling.

Positives??? We are not the redskins or the Eagles.........holy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy View Post
    If Cam would have used the throw first routine in the first half it would not have been close. We would have won running away. Harbaugh has to get over his Billick mentality and realize that we have a star at QB and let him play the whole game. With this D it is our only choice.
    Amen! :word