Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 30

Thread: The positives

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Parkville (like Bob)
    Posts
    1,558
    Blog Entries
    1

    The positives



    Let's buck the trend, come back off the ledge, and talk about the positives in this game.

    -Great comeback in the second half when it seemed we were down and out. Showed resiliency especially by Flacco and our defense was tired but was still only giving up FG's for the last few drives.

    -Great Mark Clayton catch to start the come back

    -Ray Rice is a stud, with the passes out of the backfield and the stiff arms, great overall game. I think he's a keeper.

    -Oher played very well against Jared Allen, only sack he gave up was the miscommunication when he thought he was going to have a RB pick him up. Allen did get pressure but he's a great DE so that's expected. For a rookie Oher has been solid, what a great draft pick.

    -Chester is the unsung hero of this team. He has been killing guys and his athleticism is helpful on the screens.

    -Ray Lewis is just not human. He was playing great after the 1st quarter, at his age it's really unbelievable. Him going head to head with Peterson and stuffing him, great football right there.

    -Ladarius Webb was doing very well on the kick offs. He should have easily won this job after that performance.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    799

    Re: The positives

    thank you!!




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    2,399

    Re: The positives

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Let's buck the trend, come back off the ledge, and talk about the positives in this game.

    -Great comeback in the second half when it seemed we were down and out. Showed resiliency especially by Flacco and our defense was tired but was still only giving up FG's for the last few drives.

    -Great Mark Clayton catch to start the come back

    -Ray Rice is a stud, with the passes out of the backfield and the stiff arms, great overall game. I think he's a keeper.

    -Oher played very well against Jared Allen, only sack he gave up was the miscommunication when he thought he was going to have a RB pick him up. Allen did get pressure but he's a great DE so that's expected.

    -Chester is the unsung hero of this team. He has been killing guys and his athleticism is helpful on the screens.

    -Ray Lewis is just not human. He was playing great after the 1st quarter, at his age it's really unbelievable. Him going head to head with Peterson and stuffing him, great football right there.

    -Ladarius Webb was doing very well on the kick offs. He should have easily won this job after that performance.
    This team is built for the long run but we could have easily been 6-0. Ray Rice is a star in the making outside of Baltimore.




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    203

    Re: The positives

    About time this came up. How about we praise the team, the entire freaking team, for not giving up after they sucked ass in the first half. They could have easily folded at halftime, after the performance they gave in this first 30 minutes, who would have blamed them? But the fought and clawed their way back and nearly pulled it out. To me, as much as it sucks going into the bye at 3-3, especially the way he have lost the 3, I think that this team can and will still win. Time will tell I suppose, but I for one do not think that all is lost right now
    Future MVP of Superbowl LXIX





  5. #5

    Re: The positives

    You forgot one big positive....

    Chris Carr on the fuc$%^ng bench and Webb in his place!!

    Now if we can just get him off of punt returns and eliminate him completely.




  6. #6

    Re: The positives

    Lewis, Webb, Clayton, Heap, Mason, K. Washington, RAY FRIGGIN RICE, Flacco.

    I am not sure I would throw Oher in there. He was getting beat and drew a lot of offsides penalties. He could have been a lot worse, but he was put through the ringer trying to handle J.A. He will be a good tackle, but he is still learning the ropes.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!




  7. Re: The positives

    That performance by Flacco gave a whole new meaning to the term "Joe Cool".
    Can you imagine what this game would have looked like without him willing to stand in there and make those throws knowing he was gonna get his ass kicked for doing it.

    Just Wow!!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    799

    Re: The positives

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    That performance by Flacco gave a whole new meaning to the term "Joe Cool".
    Can you imagine what this game would have looked like without him willing to stand in there and make those throws knowing he was gonna get his ass kicked for doing it.

    Just Wow!!!
    Spot On!!!!!




  9. Re: The positives

    Agreed on all points.

    Ray Rice is making himself into a special player.

    Glad to see Webb in there so much today.

    Ellerbee could be the solution to the Bart Scott problem.

    3-3 isn't bad. All three losses were decided in the last minute so they could bounce either way. I'll remind people too that this was where we were last season.




  10. #10

    Re: The positives

    Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    I am not sure I would throw Oher in there.
    I certainly would!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton




  11. #11

    Re: The positives

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    I certainly would!
    Then we will just have to agree to disagree. I am not saying he stunk it up. I am saying he struggled a lot during this game. Made some mental mistakes. I do not think he was a "positive" but he was not a detriment in the long run to the team.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!




  12. #12

    Re: The positives

    The wont lose next week. No positives in a loss, it is PRO football.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland