Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Our Secondary: Coming to a Milk Carton Near You

Cant watch Landry anymore, he is the latest slowest safety if have seen in years, maybe put WEbb in his spot. Landry is nowhere to be found on slants, deep balls, most of the passes are down the feild not drop offs in front of coverage, that is more safety responsibilty that CB's. The Ravens might be making a switch soon, Landry as I have been saying all year is awful, I only watch the secondary basically when on defense and trust me the coverage is average by the CB's, but Safety play is like we are playing 10 on 11 out there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Everybody saw the signs in the early stages of the season, and teams are keying in on that for success.
    San Diego really exposed them because of the talent they have to receive the ball.

The Colts might end up lighting these cats up worse then we have ever seen if this type of play continues.

Where the hell was Fabian Washington in the latter part of the game?

Why was Walker put in the position he was trying to cover one on one down field?

Was Washington hurt and not out there, or did I miss something?

Oh he was out there. But he was almost afraid to make contact with people today. On the slant to Simeon Rice that went forever and a day, Washington was almost just standing there watching Rice run by him.

Absolutely EMBARASSING!!!!

And everyone was talking about how great it was to have Landry back this year and how Leonard was just playing more than himself. Well I'd take Leonard right now in a heartbeat.

I'm so mad.

At the end of last year, and prior to the start of this year I wanted the team to retain both Leonhard And Stover, because these guys simply MADE PLAYS when you needed it most - they are football players! Landry, and now Hauschka, have demonstrated that after week 6 these guys are Not up to the challenge!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Is there even a small chance of a trade for a CB at this point?

Some of you are roster hawks; I cannot think of anyone we can pick up at this point. Even in FA or sitting out somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Oh he was out there. But he was almost afraid to make contact with people today. On the slant to Simeon Rice that went forever and a day, Washington was almost just standing there watching Rice run by him.

And everyone was talking about how great it was to have Landry back this year and how Leonard was just playing more than himself. Well I'd take Leonard right now in a heartbeat.

I'm so mad.

I'll take a meaculpa on that one. This is not the same Landry that I remember from 2-3 years ago.

I'm so mad.
    Actually, he was benched. For Walker. Who uh, didn't play well to say the least. Aaron quoted Fabian as saying he deserved it.

And its Sidney Rice ;)

This secondary sucks, but unfortunately it is our secondary to live or die with. There has just been too much invested in contracts and draft picks to blow it up. Some pass rush would help. It is obvious that Suggs cares about nothing but money. He was playing for a contract last season and he got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    Actually, he was benched. For Walker. Who uh, didn't play well to say the least. Aaron quoted Fabian as saying he deserved it.

And its Sidney Rice ;)
    Well, but we can't keep saying that though.

"It's Vincent Jackson"
    "It's Darren Sproles"
    "It's Randy Moss"
    "It's Chad Ochocinco"

At some point the guys we're starting at CB have got to shut down a receiver or we'll be lucky to win the rest of the season.

Our schedule gets no easier after the bye. Denver, @Cincy, @Cleve, Indy, Pittsburgh, @GB.

How are we going to come out of that with a winning record? Cleveland is still the only game I have a lock on. I think we're going to lose to Indy, Pittsburgh, and Green Bay the way our defense is playing right now.

Well, but we can't keep saying that though.

"It's Vincent Jackson"
    "It's Darren Sproles"
    "It's Randy Moss"
    "It's Chad Ochocinco"

At some point the guys we're starting at CB have got to shut down a receiver or we'll be lucky to win the rest of the season.

Our schedule gets no easier after the bye. Denver, @Cincy, @Cleve, Indy, Pittsburgh, @GB.

How are we going to come out of that with a winning record? Cleveland is still the only game I have a lock on. I think we're going to lose to Indy, Pittsburgh, and Green Bay the way our defense is playing right now.
    I didn't say it like that. I said it cause you said it was Simeon Rice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    I didn't say it like that. I said it cause you said it was Simeon Rice.
    LOL. I did didn't I? I saw Simeon Rice last night on the HDNet UFL game. Had that on the brain.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Everybody saw the signs in the early stages of the season, and teams are keying in on that for success.
    San Diego really exposed them because of the talent they have to receive the ball.

The Colts might end up lighting these cats up worse then we have ever seen if this type of play continues.

Where the hell was Fabian Washington in the latter part of the game?

Why was Walker put in the position he was trying to cover one on one down field?

Was Washington hurt and not out there, or did I miss something?
    Alright, we apparently now know where Washington was while Walker was getting torched and committing PI penaltys.

That move certainly worked out well, didn't it?

You think we were in trouble before?
    If we stick with this plan (Walker over Washington) we are seriously screwed!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Last year I heard Mariucci on NFLN say "your secondary is only as good as your pass rush." No truer words have ever been spoken. I admit, we did give up a lot of slants too, but for the most part this season the QB's have had tons of time to carve us up.

Also, please dispel this myth of "shutdown corner." They do not exist, with maybe one exception (Asomugha). Revis from the Jets has been talked about but he's been lit up a few times this year. With the current rules in the NFL it's simply not possible to be a "shut down corner."

The best upgrade we could get to our secondary is an end who can rush the passer.