Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: Hauschka chokes!

For today's game, I'm *much* more upset that the defense spotted the Vikings 14 points in the first quarter than I'm upset about our placekicker missing a longish field goal at the end.
    THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!!

When you get punched in the mouth the first two series...go into a 14-0 hole!! My goodness!!! We played catch up, did and lost in the end.

Something is WRONG with this defense and you have to start wondering how it will get fixed!!

I also wish when the Vikes called the timeout, he went ahead and snapped it anyway and sent the kick! Why not take a practice shot?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GaRaven View Post
    I also wish when the Vikes called the timeout, he went ahead and snapped it anyway and sent the kick! Why not take a practice shot?
    This is true, though a lot of times, it also gets the kicker overthinking the kick. Just as much as we've seen the 1st kick not make it and the 2nd kick make it, we've also seen 1st kick make it, 2nd not make it.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

And the playcalling on the 2 previous plays did not help any. They should have tried harder for 5 more yds...and at least gotten the ball in the middle of field.

Instead they settle for a 44 yd try from the left hashmark.

But all hope is not lost. We need to go 2-1 in the next 3 games to remain a contender; and I think that is very possible.

FM

Sorry, but we can ill afford many more losses...I would say we need to go on a nice roll right now. However, this Defense is Not what it used to be, and so our O is going to have to control the clock more, and score in the red zone, so as to keep our D off the field - they give up too many points.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Wheres Francis the Mule when you need him!

Blog Entries

I'm not going to sit here and read every post, but here is the point.
    Hauschka gets paid to kick FG's and to kick the ball off. HE GETS PAID to KICK FIELD GOALS. He missed a game winning FG in a Dome. He missed FG's all during the preseason, so what did we expect, I know I wasn't expecting him to make it, I get nervous everytime he attempts a FG.