Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4445464748 LastLast

Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Oh yeah, when the opposing QB throws for 3 TD's and 278 yards himself because our fucking secondary cannot cover a twin size bed, and our run defense has been left somewhere in Cleveland.

I'm so frustrated right now.
    Agreed.

There is not one shred of doubt our secondary is a HUGE liability right now.

2. Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikings

I've got one question?

Why on earth is Frank Walker covering Sidney Rice one on one on their last drive?

Blog Entries

I'm gonna get chewed out, but I hated the settling on the long field goal. ther ewas time to rattle off another pass, even if it only gained a few yards it could have made a difference.

Oh well. Ifs and buts. That's a heartbreaker.

I want to have Joe Flacco's children.

4. Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikings

The bottom line is we would all be happy right now if the kicker makes that kick. The offense and defense played like dog shit for a good part of the game, but they did what they needed to do to give us a chance to win in the end.

The 3 and out before the last TD was clutch by the D, the offense was clutch the whole fourth quarter. The only member of the team that is not a football player lost this game for us. You can go back and say the D played like shit and the O was bad in the first half, but that would all be a moot point if the kicker does his ONE job and makes that kick. It's disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    I'm gonna get chewed out, but I hated the settling on the long field goal. ther ewas time to rattle off another pass, even if it only gained a few yards it could have made a difference.

I wouldn't "chew you out", but I think the playcall was fine. The only pass you really could have done was into the endzone with little time left. And why risk an interception in the endzone?

If the defense hadn't given up 33 points, we would have won.

6. Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikings

Can't fault Flacco at all can we, he was awesome today - especially at the end. If we can shore up the secondary we'll be ok, but thats a HUGE if.

I agree Cleef....every yard would have help...well maybe. But with no TOs and the clock ticking that would have been perfect to work.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post
    I've got one question?

Why on earth is Frank Walker covering Sidney Rice one on one on their last drive?
    ONE ON ONE NO LESS.

Answer: Reed was freelancing. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I wouldn't "chew you out", but I think the playcall was fine. The only pass you really could have done was into the endzone with little time left. And why risk an interception in the endzone?
    With 20 seconds left they had more than enough time to complete a short/intermediate pass then spike the ball. You figure most plays take 6-9 seconds, even if they are slow to spike it they would have still had a few seconds left.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    The bottom line is we would all be happy right now if the kicker makes that kick. The offense and defense played like dog shit for a good part of the game, but they did what they needed to do to give us a chance to win in the end.

The 3 and out before the last TD was clutch by the D, the offense was clutch the whole fourth quarter. The only member of the team that is not a football player lost this game for us. You can go back and say the D played like shit and the O was bad in the first half, but that would all be a moot point if the kicker does his ONE job and makes that kick. It's disgusting.
    Wait. So giving up 33 points and another 100+ yards on the ground is perfectly ok?

I agree, Hauschka needs to make that kick to win the game. But why were we relying on him?

What really hurt was that defensive timeout early in the second half..

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post
    Can't fault Flacco at all can we, he was awesome today - especially at the end. If we can shore up the secondary we'll be ok, but thats a HUGE if.
    You can't. It's not his fault we couldn't run on the Vikings. But when we needed Joe to step up and throw while getting the shit kicked out of him all second half, he did it.

Joe had NOTHING to do with this loss today.