Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast

Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Well, we need to drop this "run first" mentality if we are going to get back in it. Roll Flacco away from Jared Allen if you have to. But we have got to get the ball in the air for more than 5 yard checkdowns.

That 2 minute drive was horrible save for the Heap getting down 20 yards and one catch by Mason.

We need a touchdown on our opening drive and how.
    Agreed.

Running it is just a waste of a play, Vikings are just controlling the line especially inside.

Go with some screens to Allens side and just pray the Oline can hold up when Joe drops back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Well, what you say - does this team have what it takes to crawl out of this hole? I still think we win this game; how, I am not sure.
    We have the potential to. Cam really needs to shake up his first down calling. I know he wants to be more conservative against better teams, but he's getting nowhere running on first down because they know it's coming. Time to make a change. And now the defense is motoring.

That said he's probably building to a first down PA downfield.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    Teams are determined to not give anything over the top to our mediocre WR's. Flacco throws the deep ball better than the intermediate passes, so they give him short passes and check downs all day. His first reads are downfield but our WR's just simply aren't open. Instead of throwing it away, he is getting some yardage on check downs. It's much more on the receivers than it is on Cam or Flacco.

Would you be happier if he was forcing balls downfield for receivers that simply aren't open??

Winfield may be out the second half and Flacco ended up doing alright as far as yardage and efficiency. Hopefully rhe second half will be better.
    Hey, I realize that. However, on the 12 yard line with 1 shot I'd like to at least see something closer to the goal line with a chance to score.

4. Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikings

How about some props to the D for suffocating them after the first two drives, or after Carr was taken out??? With as much shit as we were all giving them on the first two drives, how about backing them when we turned it up for the rest of the half??

Blog Entries

Who do you want more: Nnamdi or Dwayne?

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Running it is just a waste of a play, Vikings are just controlling the line especially inside.
    Wrong! You Can't abandon the Run! It is only 14-3, damn it.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

7. Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    Hey, I realize that. However, on the 12 yard line with 1 shot I'd like to at least see something closer to the goal line with a chance to score.
    Agreed, but I was talking about the first half (and last three games for that matter) as a whole. We desperately need a WR that can get open to take shots to. How about some D-Will??? It can't get worse.

On a side not, Jason Campbell and Clinton Portis were benched to start the second half in favor of Todd Collins and Ladell Betts. HA!!

8. Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Who do you want more: Nnamdi or Dwayne?
    Bowe no doubt. He is MUCH cheaper and younger. Our D can be fine without Carr in there and with some pressure. This offense will never do anything against decent teams with a Mason-Clayton 1-2 punch.

That's some old school football mantra wive's tale that doesn't play out. If you can't effectively run, you pass. And if they eventually stop stuffing the box, then you can run. Right now things are starting to get open in the pass game, the run has been stifled all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    Check downs are not play calls.....it is an out when others are not open.
    Don't think that was a check down... went too fast

If this team would've had a bit of a sense of urgency in that 2 minute drive, they would've had much more time for a possible TD to end the half. But instead, they had to settle for a FG.

Seems as though not having any sense of urgency has been a problem for as long as I've been watching the Ravens. Too much lollygagging up to the line after a play, and then long snap counts, and just sit there and watch the clock tick. No excuse for that.

You realize we have 13 rushing yards total so far right? Passing the ball just might open up the run, you know?