Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 45464748 LastLast
  1. Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikings

Mattison seemed to call a perfect game from the mid 4th quarter onwards, before that I wasn't impressed. I hope Harbaugh sits him down at lets him know that it's not good enough going forward.

Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    I'm gonna get chewed out, but I hated the settling on the long field goal. ther ewas time to rattle off another pass, even if it only gained a few yards it could have made a difference.

Oh well. Ifs and buts. That's a heartbreaker.

I want to have Joe Flacco's children.
    No, I agree, I think another 7-10 yard sideline pass with 12 seconds left would have been a better play. But you expect your kicker to make a 44 yarder. No excuses.

This is a tough pill to swallow going into the bye. Super tough. But what Joe Flacco and Ray Rice did today won't be forgotten.

But hey, look at where we are. It isn't an unclimbable mountain. We're 1 game out of 1st in the division. The Bengals have holes, the Steelers have holes, and so do we. And we have 3 games left against those guys.

I'll say it - we will come out of the bye and stomp the Broncos. I really believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    No, I agree, I think another 7-10 yard sideline pass with 12 seconds left would have been a better play. But you expect your kicker to make a 44 yarder. No excuses.
    It was 46. On the left side of the hash. On the road, in a huge game. I'm not saying it's a guarantee miss but a kick like that is tough for any kicker in the NFL.

Blog Entries

I can't believe they settled for a 44yd field goal.

Oh, btw Michael Oher OWNED Allen all day

5. Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    You can't. It's not his fault we couldn't run on the Vikings. But when we needed Joe to step up and throw while getting the shit kicked out of him all second half, he did it.

Joe had NOTHING to do with this loss today.
    Looking at the positives from today it seems we are set at QB for the next 10 years.

You can't. It's not his fault we couldn't run on the Vikings. But when we needed Joe to step up and throw while getting the shit kicked out of him all second half, he did it.

Joe had NOTHING to do with this loss today.
    I agree, he was getting his ass kicked the whole game and kept coming back for more. The way he beat the blitz at the end of the game was a thing of beauty, we've never had a QB who can beat the blitz like that.

Agreed. Flacco's ability to handle the blitz is so much improved this season. That will be huge against the Steelers.

As a note: Sidney Rice had 176 yards on his own today. Wow.

There's a serious chance both the Bengals and Steelers lose next week. bengals have a tough game vs the Bears, and the Steelers take on the Vikes. Then they both have byes.

If we come out and beat Denver, it could be on for a battle all season long.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    I'll say it - we will come out of the bye and stomp the Broncos. I really believe that.
    Man, I'm going to want to hang onto your hope Seph. Marshall and Gaffney might destroy Washington and Foxworth.

9. Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikings

I'm not upset about the ravens loss. It gives me hope. They were out of this game within the first 9 minutes, but made an incredible comeback and showed incredible pose.

Sure, they coulda made one more heave or had ray rice run up the middle to center the ball, but it shouldn't even have come to that. Brett Favre did what Brett Favre does. Perhaps it was because, after the bengals game, I no longer consider the ravens a good team so i don't see this as a heartbreaking loss, but a big moral victory. They looked terrible against the Bengals, but looked really good against the Vikings. The Vikings are a better team and should have won, but it shouldn't have been this close, it was and for that I'm happy.

Now, could all of this be because I was able to watch the game sans pants, in my bed, probably. Regardless, I feel a lot better after this game than I do the Bengals. Go Ravens.

Blog Entries

Man, I'm going to want to hang onto your hope Seph. Marshall and Gaffney might destroy Washington and Foxworth.
    honestly, I thought Foxworth was ok, washington sucked a little, Carr, Landry and Walker are the huge liabilities

11. Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikings

Agreed Sephy. We'll beat Denver at home in two weeks.

On a side note, let's hope something comes of these WR trade rumours. Imagine Flacco with a true deep threat.

I think they'll be OK rolling coverage to Marshall. Gaffney doesn't scare me at all. And they don't have a back as talented as Peterson.

And the QB is still Kyle Orton. Credit for how well he's played to this point, but no one has really challenged him. Though if our secondary plays as it has to this point, we won't either. But I think Flacco beats that defense soundly if he steers clear of Bailey.