Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 464748

Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by Well Reed View Post
    I'm not upset about the ravens loss. It gives me hope. They were out of this game within the first 9 minutes, but made an incredible comeback and showed incredible pose.

Sure, they coulda made one more heave or had ray rice run up the middle to center the ball, but it shouldn't even have come to that. Brett Favre did what Brett Favre does. Perhaps it was because, after the bengals game, I no longer consider the ravens a good team so i don't see this as a heartbreaking loss, but a big moral victory. They looked terrible against the Bengals, but looked really good against the Vikings. The Vikings are a better team and should have won, but it shouldn't have been this close, it was and for that I'm happy.

Now, could all of this be because I was able to watch the game sans pants, in my bed, probably. Regardless, I feel a lot better after this game than I do the Bengals. Go Ravens.
    I don't. There's no moral victories column in the stat sheet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    The bottom line is we would all be happy right now if the kicker makes that kick. The offense and defense played like dog shit for a good part of the game, but they did what they needed to do to give us a chance to win in the end.

The 3 and out before the last TD was clutch by the D, the offense was clutch the whole fourth quarter. The only member of the team that is not a football player lost this game for us. You can go back and say the D played like shit and the O was bad in the first half, but that would all be a moot point if the kicker does his ONE job and makes that kick. It's disgusting.
    He didn't lose it....He just didn't win it.

The secondary lost this game. Period. End of Story.

3. Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikings

WOW! On another board I thought this would be the game of the year for my Vikings! Talk about an understatement!

Kudos to the Ravens for not giving up and you guys are lucky to have Joe Flacco as your QB! I always liked him at Delaware and he will bring your team a Championship for sure!

The Ravens deserved to win, but they didn't! TG! Much:respect

SKOL Vikings!
    [IMG]http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo277/scoodledoo2009/08nfcNORTHCHAMPS.gif[/IMG]
    [COLOR="Purple"][B]'Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    'Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where the Brave may live... FOREVER![/B][/COLOR]

Blog Entries

I think that is the key...we lost, but we played up against another big team.

Two of our losses were hard fought game against BIG teams...take out the loss to the Bengals, and I think the Ravens have shown their offense can rank with the biggest out there in terms of toughness. Our D might not be the same type of unit from years past, but I think we can stand up against some of the better offense in the league...We need to work on not bending as much as we do, but I don't see any major problems, especially with our pass rush beginning to come around.

Remember, during the SB run, we went 5 games without a TD. We pulled out of it and we can still pull out of this.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

What's wrong with Webb? They keep Carr as nickel (why I don't know) and for some reason let walker get a penalty time after time. Why isn't Webb in the lineup as the 4th cb?
    There is only absolute black and absolute white, all else are shades of gray.

Quote Originally Posted by grayplay View Post
    What's wrong with Webb? They keep Carr as nickel (why I don't know) and for some reason let walker get a penalty time after time. Why isn't Webb in the lineup as the 4th cb?
    Webb played some defensive snaps today. I have to think/hope that they are working him in slowly.

I know this, that dude can FLY. And he's tall enough to match up with receivers.

7. Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by OriAl View Post
    Vikings 6-0. We should be 6-0, but we give games away.

bwahahahahaahahahahaha :ww: