Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Harbaugh won't rule out trade

This is from MASN:

Meanwhile, the trade deadline is next Tuesday, and while trades are rare in the NFL, there have been some rumors circulating about the Ravens lately. There's some talk that Baltimore is engaged in trade talks with the Chiefs for wide receiver Dwayne Bowe, who was Kansas City's first-round pick back in 2007. Word is, the Ravens could ship a second-rounder to the Chiefs for Bowe.

Re: Harbaugh won't rule out trade

We could use another (hopefully good addition) WR to the team.

And teams like KC are not playing for a whole lot right now.
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

Blog Entries

If it happened, I'd do a jig.

Not gonna get my hopes up though.

I don't see how we could get Bowe for a second rounder. The guy was a first rounder 2 years ago, and he has proven that he was worthy of that status. Our pick is likely to be late, so i think we would have to give up at least a first to land him. I would make that move in a heartbeat. It is highly unlikely that Ozzie fiunds a better wideout in the first round next season.

I think Greg is right, there's nothing here. If Harbaugh was just answering a questiton about potential trades, he simply gave the same answer that he (and most head coaches in the league) give. "We're always looking to improve," blah blah blah. It's basically a non-answer, but that's what most head coaches say when asked such questions.

I'd be very surprised if a trade takes place.

6. Re: Harbaugh won't rule out trade

D. Bowie would be easily work a 2nd and 5th. If he does well turn the 2nd into a 1st (conditional pick) and maybe KC would look at it. I’m not sure how many years are left on Bowie’s deal (probably 2) but if he puts two good years together re-sign him.

This is the last year of all four of our WRs contracts and we’re not good at drafting at that position. It would also work from a schedule perspective considering that next week is out bye. If it’s there pull the trigger.

I think this team knows at this point that they need an addition at DB and WR. Again, there is a clear blueprint out there on how to take Mason out of the game. The fact that Cam comes out this week saying he should have done something about that last week is a joke to me. Defenses learned late last year, when Flacco started getting on his game, that they had to now address the Ravens passing game and not just stack 8 in the box to stop the run. By putting an extra guy on Mason to bracket him they greatly diminish the passing game. You saw the effects of this vs. Pittsbugh las year, NE and Cincy this year.

That coupled with a vulnerable defense puts this team at a crossroads. You either go with what you have and face the potential of being 8-8 this year or add somebody. I think the team can win a lot games with this defense as is if they can score 24 points a game. I think the offense is quite capable of scoring 24 points a game if they free up Mason with another weapon. I think this team knows that and if there is someone like Bowe available, they need to give up whatever it takes at this point.

I think they get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I think they get it done.
    I hope you are right, but they have been very slow to address needs in the past.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I wasn't saying a trade won't happen, we might trade. I was only speaking about the quote from Harbaugh, which was the same way he answers questions about player aquisition all of the time. There is nothing about the quote that is worth reading into.

Blog Entries

Again, history and our trending is against us making this trade...

We're not a team that generally makes drastic moves mid-season...The biggest move I can remember us making was firing Fassel and Billick taking over the playcalling...and I think many people considered that a sham move because Billick already had his hands pretty well into the offense.

I can see us making this deal after the season ends, but I can't see us thinking Bowe can make a big impact in THIS season. He'd still have to learn the playbook, and it's not like the Edwards to the Jets deal because Bowe hasn't had any experience with Cameron's offense, so he literally has to learn a new system.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

11. Re: Harbaugh won't rule out trade

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I can see us making this deal after the season ends, but I can't see us thinking Bowe can make a big impact in THIS season. He'd still have to learn the playbook, and it's not like the Edwards to the Jets deal because Bowe hasn't had any experience with Cameron's offense, so he literally has to learn a new system.
    Why not? If we're giving up draft picks, it makes complete sense to do it now. If we can have him during the playoffs to only help then, it would most definitely be worth it. If the FO wants to make this move, I see no reason why it wouldn't be during the season.

I am guessing talks will heat up (if they even exist) next week during our bye.

EDIT: What Breylon Edwards did in his first game may serve as some sort of reminder of what a WR can do. Yeah, our offense is not as similar to KC's so the transition will not be as easy, but still...
    Last edited by baltimore_hokie; 10-17-2009 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Again, history and our trending is against us making this trade...

We're not a team that generally makes drastic moves mid-season...The biggest move I can remember us making was firing Fassel and Billick taking over the playcalling...and I think many people considered that a sham move because Billick already had his hands pretty well into the offense.

There are only so many routes. Pretty much every team runs the same 1-9 route tree, but they call them different things and run the breaks at different spots. I am pretty sure one of the other WRs could tell him what the route is until he learns the plays.

:T2: