Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Harbaugh won't rule out trade

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Maybe Kruger is so good they're waiting to unleash him on the Stoolers?

;)
    Maybe he is not ready to play yet.

The Ravens drafted him to be a DE not an OLB which we have plenty of.

He needs to bulk up a bit and when Pryce retires he will step in.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    I think the ship has sailed with Kruger playing the OLB spot for the Ravens. It seems like we tried him there during camp and he just didn't do enough to warrant a spot on game day.

I am not saying he is a bust or anything of that sort, but I think he has packed it in for the season to prepare for being the next Trevor Pryce in this defense. I could see this season and next off-season devoted to him putting on the weight and strength to be able to play the 3-4 DE position for next year when we will need him.

This is just my thoughts on the situation, but it makes sense considering his lack of PT this year, as well as our future need for Pryce's replacement.

Now, I think Barnes would be a nice guy to trade, perhaps along with McKinney or Talavou to get us a WR, CB, or both.
    I agree Hokie, it's starting to look that way, he's a guy who we will have to wait to get dividends on but when we do its gonna be very much worth the pick, the fact that he was even able to play olb is a credit to his raw ability but from the 3-4 DE spot i think he's gonna be some player in 2 years, hopefully in the rotation behind Pryce next year

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Au Contraire, I think it's pretty clear that kruger was drafted as part of our transition towards a 4-3. I think Suggs and Kruger are designed to be the bookends of a 4 man line. He never really seemed to fit in to a 3-4, and was confused at first after the draft. After 6 games of the season I am no longer. This team will be a 4-3 next year full time.
    Don't count on it. If Mattison don't pull his head out of his ass, he might not be around next year to continue to ruin Baltimore's Defensive legacy

Blog Entries

I don't even have to come on here and write because you guys are all over it. I thought this when he didn't suit up for the 1st 2 games and then I remember hearing something about him putting on some weight and that he has the frame to put on another 20lbs and play effectively. I just hope Paul knows this and stays focused and determined to improve. If that is the case Kruger was almost like saving us a draft pick next year, because we wont need to draft a DE, and we can find the next Sean Smith (CB). then we will have Webb and whoever, unless Fox comes out of his whole.

5. Re: Harbaugh won't rule out trade

Quote Originally Posted by ScoNo View Post
    and we can find the next Sean Smith (CB)
    Yeah, I agree with your thinking. The problem is that 6'4", physical CB's don't come around that often. Patrick Robinson out of FSU is about 6' tall and is the biggest of the elite corners coming out this year, most likely. I'm not really sure if there are any CB's out there right now that could warrant us taking in the first round. I could see us getting another guy in the middle rounds that has some size (similar to Webb, from a small school possibly) at CB.