Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stay of Execution

Yes I know I am a man who's emotions tend to swing to extremes in the heat of the moments.

So I am back to normalcy after the loss this weekend. I am still frustrated, not so much by just a loss but b/c the team played so bad. Also they seemed to have no sense of urgency, or really even play like they cared.

That being said.

The Ravens got lucky this weekend b/c the Cheatriots, Jaguars, Jets, Texans, and Chargers all lost.

So if Harbaugh can give this team and Coordinators the swift kick in the ass they need they are in prime position to make a run for the post season.

I know it's early but at 3-2 if the season ended right now we would be the second WC team. So what this means to me is at worst for the rest of the season we just need to maintain this position. Hopefully we can pull out a couple of unexpected wins and pull out the division.

Unfortunately unless the Pass Rush, or Secondary improve I think the Steelers have a field day with us, and it will be tough to beat the Bengals at home.

If we win this week at Minn we are right back in the mix and hopefully they can fix things in the bye week to come out for a strong second half run.

The way I see it all of these teams are beatable. Maybe not easy wins but we have the talent to win if we come to play.

Minn
    Denver
    Bengals
    Browns
    Steelers (at home)
    Packers
    Lions
    Bears
    Raiders

I don't think the Colts are beatable right now with the way our D is playing but every other team minus the Steelers in Pittsburgh give us a good chance to get back to the Playoffs.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Re: Stay of Execution

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    The way I see it all of these teams are beatable. Maybe not easy wins but we have the talent to win if we come to play.

Minn
    Denver
    Bengals
    Browns
    Steelers (at home)
    Packers
    Lions
    Bears
    Raiders

I don't think the Colts are beatable right now with the way our D is playing but every other team minus the Steelers in Pittsburgh give us a good chance to get back to the Playoffs.
    If we're talking about our defense though in the way they give up passing yards, then you may want to re-think the Packers. Aaron Rodgers is a passing machine this year. That's going to be a tougher game than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    If we're talking about our defense though in the way they give up passing yards, then you may want to re-think the Packers. Aaron Rodgers is a passing machine this year. That's going to be a tougher game than you think.
    Yes, but unless they change too, they have horrible Offensive and Defensive Lines. I think that is the reason we could win.

All of the ones listed doesn't mean I think we are going to win, just that we have the talent and ability to win.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Really, UNLESS the COLLECTIVE PASS DEFENSE finds a solution, an average passing team will pick this team silly. You might as well stick a fork in us, because this team will be unable to stop the Mannings, Roethlisbergers, and Bradys of the world.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Really, UNLESS the COLLECTIVE PASS DEFENSE finds a solution, an average passing team will pick this team silly. You might as well stick a fork in us, because this team will be unable to stop the Mannings, Roethlisbergers, and Bradys of the world.

Stick a fork in us? HUH REALLY?!?! I am guessing you never competed in anything growing up. Well maybe you did, it just resulted in the fact you always quit.:grbac:

Also they seemed to have no sense of urgency, or really even play like they cared.
    This is the biggest problem I had with the game. I've watched enough football to know the difference between a team that is well prepared physically and mentally and one that is not.

This was a division game against an opponent who had notched two quality wins and it was for the division lead. On Sunday, they came out flat.

The defense? I hate to break it to you boys and girls, but the Ravens weren't going to have a Top 5 defense forever. And they weren't going to suck on offense forever. I think we are seeing the transformation before our very eyes.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Stick a fork in us? HUH REALLY?!?! I am guessing you never competed in anything growing up. Well maybe you did, it just resulted in the fact you always quit.:grbac:
    This team needs to deal with their inability to defend against the pass. Quitting, imo, is not dealing with the reality of a porous defense, and making the necessary adjustments, whatever they may be, to fix it. Unless we do so, then, yes, we will not stop the Mannings of this league, and that is just reality. Either our secondary needs to step it up, and/or we generate a better pass rush, and/or we control the ball for 90% of the game, we're likely to lose against the elite teams in our conference.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    This is the biggest problem I had with the game. I've watched enough football to know the difference between a team that is well prepared physically and mentally and one that is not.

This was a division game against an opponent who had notched two quality wins and it was for the division lead. On Sunday, they came out flat.
    Well-stated.

We got passed on by Palmer, Brady, and Rivers. 3 of the top QBs in the league. we beat one of them, and lost two heartbreakers (who arguably had a little help from the refs). Those 3 quarterbacks consistantly throw on everyone. They will have a bad game here and there but in most cases they can pass on anyone.

Yes, and so we better find a way to counter that threat, or we're in trouble. Good teams make adjustments, or else they fail. We should see this weekend as to whether this team has begun making any necessary adjustments. I would think that Favre sees our underneath coverage as soft and very suspect. Coupled with a great Minnesota O-line, and the best running back in the NFL, this should be a real test for the Ravens.

Those games we lost could have (and in one case should have) gone the other way. Minor adjustments and we will be fine. We are not gonna win them all. If we can close out some more close games like in SD, it will show a lot.

True, we are not going to win every game; however, we do need to make serious adjustments in our pass defense, or opposing teams will continue to exploit us as they have the last two weeks.