Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Halftime Salute to the Colts/Ravens Marching Band

All of the naysayers remind me of the football players (me included) in High School who made fun of the "band wallys" - as we used to call them back then. After a while most of us grow up out of that mentality....most of us

Others continue to be haters. Its was fun to listen to talk radio yesterday and all the people call in in suport of the history of the band...telling their stories and memories. There wasn't one person...not one...all day...that called in and complained...not one. So I wouldn't pay too much attention to the big 2 complainers on this board...one of whom posted about 3 times in the last 3 years before this thread which is suspicious to me that this is the topic that he triples his lifetime postings over But to each his own.

Most of the old school colts fans like the band so I side with them. But for the most part, I dont care that the marching band is there or not. Doesnt matter to me one way or the other. I dont go to the games for that.

Also, marrying into a family of Redskin fans, I have had to deal with their constant bs about how great the Redskins band is and how ours sucks.
    What i do find extremely histerical is the "constant bs" between family members on who has the better band. Who gives a shit if the redskins have a better trumpet player over the Ravens xylophone player. Lets get real-- You should find your self lucky if that is what you are arguing about with a Redskin family member. You have it pretty good because their team sucks ass. Fuck it, let them talk shit about our marching band, they have nothing else to talk about.

Script ravens forever!!! :ww:
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    All of the naysayers remind me of the football players (me included) in High School who made fun of the "band wallys" - as we used to call them back then. After a while most of us grow up out of that mentality....most of us

Others continue to be haters. Its was fun to listen to talk radio yesterday and all the people call in in suport of the history of the band...telling their stories and memories. There wasn't one person...not one...all day...that called in and complained...not one. So I wouldn't pay too much attention to the big 2 complainers on this board...one of whom posted about 3 times in the last 3 years before this thread which is suspicious to me that this is the topic that he triples his lifetime postings over But to each his own.
    This +1

Wink Re: Halftime Salute to the Colts/Ravens Marching Band

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Its was fun to listen to talk radio yesterday and all the people call in in suport of the history of the band...telling their stories and memories. There wasn't one person...not one...all day...that called in and complained...not one.
    I know literally hundreds of Ravens fans -- never heard a person complain about the band. I believe some of the statements above (e.g. 95% of Ravens fans oppose the band) are absolute unadulterated bullshit.

I usually go inside the stadium an hour early, in part to watch the band perform. (It has nothing to do with the quality of music -- I'd sooner listen to an MP3 player -- but rather the excitement of Baltimore football and what the band means to the legacy). When they line up to come out, there is always a big cheer stadium-wide.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).