Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Who is NOT Playing Like A Raven?

I'm just going to open this up by saying that Chris Carr is atop the list. Play Like A Raven right, then please explain to me how he got ran over by Caldwell on that touch down while playing man coverage.

I can name some more put I would like to see what others are thinking about players that seem to be NOT playing Like Ravens.

I will add two more, probaly fall into the category of coaching Like A Raven, Cam Cameron (the last 2 games) The O got a way from the run and it has cost us. Ravens run first regardless of how good Flacco is, Run the ball to set Flacco up for the pass.

Greg Mattison's vanilla scheme is just NOT Playing Like Raven.

The Floor is open. Let the debates begin.

Re: Who is NOT Playing Like A Raven?

Chris Carr
    Greg Mattison (not coaching like one)
    Kelly Gregg
    Foxworth

Suggs is not playing like the highest paid Raven.

What is so wrong with mattison's scheme?

I personally think Foxworth has played decent. Alot of people rip him and i think I may seriously be the only one in Baltimore or surronding areas who defend him. But, he is always stride for stride with the reciever and I think he just needs to be a little more physical. Just my opinion....

I think it's tough right now to judge Mattison for his scheme. As much as I hate to agree with Preston, I don't believe 5 games is a fair assessment on which to judge his scheme. Looking at it from his perspective, I have the highest paid player on one side of the D-Line, a 4 time pro-bowler on the other (Don't they love to remind us of Pryce's past during introductions), and what should be a pro-bowler at DT. Basically, you have the equivalent of 3 out of 4 pro bowlers on your defensive line. THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET PRESSURE ON THE QB WITHOUT HELP EVERY PLAY!!!!

Suggs does seem a slow and I will have to pay attention to how much they double team him. Did Ngata play against Cincy? Honestly, I didn't notice him a lot and saw him standing on the sidelines at some clutch times. Pryce is getting older so I will not come down quite so hard on him.

Finally, for dumping all that money into Foxworth, he should be playing better than ok. He should at least be good. Good > ok. Washington has been alright and has played like I expected. Carr is TERRIBLE. Honestly, I prefer Walker over him because Walker is more physical than anyone we have at DB. Don't we all miss Rolle right about now?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    What is so wrong with mattison's scheme?

I personally think Foxworth has played decent. Alot of people rip him and i think I may seriously be the only one in Baltimore or surronding areas who defend him. But, he is always stride for stride with the reciever and I think he just needs to be a little more physical. Just my opinion....
    I think I have to agree with you on Foxworth, he hasn't looked that bad, due to the lack of pass rush and the illegal contact on 85 was either push off or fall down and get burnt. kind of ticky tacky call on 15 but he was there even though he stoped and didn't make the tackle. He is going to give up some plays regardless, i think Fox comes around.

Reed has been out of position on some plays, but watch how Landry sets him up for failure on most of those plays by dropping his WR to earlier or when he shoulded drop him at all.
    Last edited by Sua Sponte; 10-14-2009 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Suggs is not playing like the highest paid Raven.
    I like Suggs but he really seems to fade late in games.

Blog Entries

Why are people getting on Gregg's back? Just assuming Ngata is playing better?

9. Re: Who is NOT Playing Like A Raven?

Gregg is not playing well...he is definitely not "back" from his surgery. He should be riding some pine and bannan should be starting.

Landry is "Lost in Space", and should be replaced by Nakamura.

"Toast"worth is soft as they come; his potential was definitely overestimated by the Raven FO.

Carr should just be flat-out punished! Duct taped to a hard chair and made to watch Monday Night Countdown reruns.

While we are at it, and I know this is heresy...but Reed has been a non factor in most of the games too. I mean for someone who is supposed to be a "game changer".

Dawan Landry
    Chris Carr
    Foxworth
    Suggs (need more bang for the buck)
    Trevor Pryce

Mark Clayton

It's funny I can name only 1 offensive player and 5 defensive starters.

Blog Entries

Let's bring it back.
    who makes the list this week.
    I'll start off with
    2 weeks in a row, must be on to something here.
    Landry absoulte garbage, bench him.
    Chris Carr. liability, please bring in Webb.
    Mattison?
    Suggs? did he play, he had a few tackles but other that that?

Clayton is on rebound, but still on the tight rope iif he doesn't show up vs Broncos
    Last edited by Sua Sponte; 10-18-2009 at 08:20 PM.

Defense:
    Washington
    Foxworth
    Carr
    Landry
    Reed

Offense:

Coaching:
    Mattison
    Cameron