Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Raiders making almost every player available for trade

I am surprised they are calling Nmadi untouchable. He is 27 and the Raiders wont be winning for at least 3 years. I am sure for the right price they will let him go.

2. Re: Raiders making almost every player available for trade

Raiders gotta build around something. The NFL isn't baseball where you develop a talented player then trade him away or just let him walk because you can't afford him. Well there's stuff like Haynesworth to the Skins but nothing on par with the annual dumpings by the Pirates, etc. Although it might get that way if they f up the CBA negotiations. I think the Glazers are already preparing to turn the Bucs into the NFL's Clippers when they anticipate the salary floor going away.

Blog Entries

Nnamdi is worth a 1st and D Williams IMO...maybe even a 1st and 2nd (seperate years).

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    I actually wouldn't mind taking a shot at Nnamdi Asomugha. The Raiders are responsible for the guaranteed money and wouldn't count against our cap, so even though he's getting paid mucho bucks, he actually wouldn't cost us nearly in cap or dollars what his contract is valued at. Seriously, his salary over the next three years in total is something like $8 mil. For the best cover corner in the game?
    Actually, it's a lot more than that, because of an option that would force the team to raise his 2011 salary to $16.8M or the franchise amount for QBs, whichever is higher.

They'd also have to create some cap space now to accomodate his present salary of $4.5M. They'd be responsible for 11/16ths of that, but they only have less than $2M in Cap space right now, so they'd have to do some manuevering.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Actually, it's a lot more than that, because of an option that would force the team to raise his 2011 salary to $16.8M or the franchise amount for QBs, whichever is higher.

They'd also have to create some cap space now to accomodate his present salary of $4.5M. They'd be responsible for 11/16ths of that, but they only have less than $2M in Cap space right now, so they'd have to do some manuevering.
    I believe he has a huge roster bonus due before next year as well, can't find where I read that though it was on some message board.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Nnamdi is worth a 1st and D Williams IMO...maybe even a 1st and 2nd (seperate years).
    Agreed. Nnamdi is arguably the best shut down corner in the league. The only reason more people don't know about him is because most QBs avoid throwing the ball anywhere near him. I was hoping he hit FA this past off-season and we go after him, but Oakland finally paid the man. If this story does have any merit, it would cost multiple picks. At least a 1st and 3rd. Then again, Al Davis is senile. Maybe a bag of magic beans will do.
    Last edited by 808 Raven; 10-14-2009 at 06:38 AM.

A true fire sale is highly unlikely because the Raiders would have to accelerate signing bonuses and their cap structure won't allow it. If 2010 is an uncapped year, THEN you might see that fire sale...

We need a pass rush way more than a CB. We can sign the leagues 3 best CB's but when we fail to pressure the QB and there are big plays being made weekly it will be called a failed trade/move. If we replace Carr with Webb and actually pressure the QB the defense immidiately looks better. No more woe is us talk about the failing D. But if were talking getting N. A. from oakland, id give up M. C., D.W. and a 2nd. D.T. replaces D.W. and K.W. replaces M.C.
    Like all the initials?
    There is only absolute black and absolute white, all else are shades of gray.

We should do whatever it takes to get Nnamdi. With him covering the number 1, Fox at 2 and Fabian at nickel we will be solid. We would be able to blitz more and create the pass rush needed since we could feel comfortable with our corners. I have wanted him for awhile and that would make my season!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

The trade deadline is in a week which is during our bye week. I expect the Ravens to be a player but how big a player is unknown. I would hope to see a CB.

Oakland will probably want draft picks for NA as they wont be winning for at least 3 years so if we send them players who are 25/26 it wont be in their best interest.

They would turn down 2 #1s for #21. Al may be a little crazy but he has not gone stupid yet.

Seymore could make sense, but since they gave up a 2011 #1 for him, I would think it would take at least a 2010 #2 to get him.

I would offer a 4th round pick for Javon Walker (pending passing a Physical of course), or take DHB off thier hands for a 1st and see if he can develop some hands eventually.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoriteboxer View Post
    JaMarcus should be touchable, if the team had any sense. I wouldn't trade him for Chris Carr. He's probably off the block because nobody wants him.
    He's off the block because the cap hit would make him untradable and they're basically all in with him. This should also be why Nnamdi is untouchable. I thought I'd read it the wrong way, it doesn't surprise me to find he's one of the untouchables.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    LOL @ DWill having any value what-so-ever. Nnamdi isn't "maybe" worth a 1st and 2nd...only giving up a 1st and 2nd for him would be pretty cheap. He's the best cover corner in the game by a country mile, and he's right in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    I dunno how the salary bump works. Is it a true salary bump, or paid as a bonus? If it's a salary bump, then I guess it hits us. In that case, we shouldn't bother with him.

Richard Seymour has to be at least worth looking at. The problem is, they probably won't take less than a 1st for him to save face, and there's no way the guy's worth a first given that he's a couple-month rental.

I feel so sorry for Seymour. I heard or read something the other day that someone asked him "How's Oakland" and he responded "Well, the weather's nice." Pretty much no question he's hitting the free agent market this off-season...I don't think he'd re-sign with that team if they offered him double his market value.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid