Blog Entries

2nd to last drive

For all who are worrying about the season (as am I) we were 3 feet from putting the game out of reach. I was watching NFL replay and Flacco JUST missed Clayton on the route he burned Hall on.

So to sum it up. Flacco needs to stop going to Clayton on game winning drives, any other time is fine with me.

Re: 2nd to last drive

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    For all who are worrying about the season (as am I) we were 3 feet from putting the game out of reach. I was watching NFL replay and Flacco JUST missed Clayton on the route he burned Hall on.

So to sum it up. Flacco needs to stop going to Clayton on game winning drives, any other time is fine with me.
    It has been well established here that Clayton or any of our other WR'S can't get seperation downfield.

It must have bee a figment of your imagination.

Blog Entries

Yeah i just watched it too, did anybody see Carr get just straight out bitched on that last TD. Ran over like a little pussified bitch. wtf is that guy doing on the field if he can't even man up enough to not get completely bitch smacked off the line.

Blog Entries

I feel bad for that guy, undersized slow and he KNOWS he is in over is head...

I think we all see that Carr is just not up to snuff. The question is whether Webb can step in and take over. Harbs must have his reasons as to why Webb is still behind Carr and Walker on the depth chart. Maybe he is having trouble soaking up the playbook and might get caught out of position at practice.

I don't really have the answer.

Blog Entries

I don't know, but I do know the DB coach and Carr were together in Oakland so maybe there is some kind of friendship there, Harbs held Webb out on Kick offs and look what the young fella has done when giving the chance. Anybody has to be better than Carr right now, you think Carr is going to stop Harvin, he is strong and fast. Done Deal. atleast Webb would play with heart and fight and why was Walker on the smaller less physical WR on that play.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    It has been well established here that Clayton or any of our other WR'S can't get seperation downfield.

It must have bee a figment of your imagination.
    Give it a rest. Travis Taylor used to get wide open down field every once in a while too. I guess he was a "playmaker" or a "pretty good receiver" or an "average starter" or whatever you want to call Clayton, too, right?

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Give it a rest. Travis Taylor used to get wide open down field every once in a while too. I guess he was a "playmaker" or a "pretty good receiver" or an "average starter" or whatever you want to call Clayton, too, right?

- C -
    How did this turn into blaming Clayton cuz Joe overthrew him? Clayton HAS made plays. If anyone actually remembers travis taylor, they know how ridiculous any comparison is. That drop 2 weeks ago has opened the hyperbole floodgates. BTW, he made the play on that same play at the end of the Titans game. Clayton will be a huge piece of the Ravens' success this year.

Blog Entries

yeah, I was joking about not going to Clayton. My point of the thread was that looking at the loses the Offense had a chance to seal the game.

Quote Originally Posted by caliraven View Post
    How did this turn into blaming Clayton cuz Joe overthrew him? Clayton HAS made plays. If anyone actually remembers travis taylor, they know how ridiculous any comparison is. That drop 2 weeks ago has opened the hyperbole floodgates. BTW, he made the play on that same play at the end of the Titans game. Clayton will be a huge piece of the Ravens' success this year.
    Travis Taylor through 4 years:
    52 games started
    57 games played
    2,337 yards, 170 rec, 13.7 YPC, 15 TD, 1 fumble

Mark Clayton through 4 years:
    47 games started
    62 games played
    2,636 yards, 200 rec, 13.2 YPC, 10 TD, 0 fumble

You're right, what a RIDICULOUS comparison I've made!!! What an egregious error I have made, to compare a guy with 3.2 rec/game, 42.5 ypg and 0.16 TD per game with a guy with 3.0 rec/game, 41.0 ypg and 0.26 TD per game!

I can't believe the blinders on some of you guys. Seriously. He is on pace for 682 yards and 3-4 TDs for this season, which is pretty much EXACTLY where I predicted he would be. Yet another spectacularly mediocre (at best) season, and some people seem to want to continue to pretend he's something he just isn't. He's working on five years of being "teh SUCK" and just got finished dropping one of the most crucial passes ever thrown to him, and STILL I'm taking heat for calling this guy out for what he is...

Yes, Mark Clayton will make the occasional play. As much as he's not a good starter, he is still in fact an NFL receiver, and he will at times find himself wide open for huge gains. I have never, not once, EVER argued against this point...I have in fact emphasized it repeatedly.

But pretending this guy is more than a guy like Travis Taylor? No. I'm sorry. It quite simply isn't the case, no matter how much any of you want to believe it isn't so.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by caliraven View Post
    Flacco knows the points were all but scored and he blew it on the throw. Plain and simple. I'll bash Clayton plenty-- when he deserves it. That play? Not so much.

That throw was the difference between leading our division at 4-1 and being tied for second place with the Stoolers right now. Hopefully it will light a fire beneath our team.