Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Real Fans Stay On The Band Wagon

I have read several messages on this site you would think we are 0-5. Oh that's where the Titans are now. Didn't they make the playoffs last year ?? Look yes we have lost two (2) games in a row but, it's not the end of the world. Our schedule is tough the rest of the way but the last thing this team needs is for Baltimore fans to start jumping off the band wagon. Did we play bad yes we did. However, if Flacco hits Clayton who blew his defender away in the 4th quarter all of these fans would be jumping for the sky. Support your team remember we didn't have a team for several years while the city we lost to in expansion Jacksonville wasn't even supporting their team. We knew coming into this season we had weak points. The Refs have made bad calls but, some of those on the last drive were good calls. Ray Lewis' hit like he made will be called everytime.

Please guys we have a great team and a great stadium go there and support your team. One thing about me not drinking at games I can see how some fans really change by the 4th quarter putting away so many beers.

This is not to cut anyone down just be a REAL RAVENS FAN.

What's Our Name / RAVENS

Re: Real Fans Stay On The Band Wagon

et too?

:grbac:

Real fans speak the truth. We could use a little more "Philly" in this town, although I must say that the Mcnabb hate is truly revolting.

Real fans

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Maybe we can have a few more threads telling us a narrow definition of what a real fan is?
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

I'll explain it to you what real fans are not giving up on your team after five (5) games. Some of you can't see the forest for the trees.

Sports Steve explained it very well.

I am just tired of these threads about who is a "real" fan and not. I truly believe no matter what people come here to say about this team anywhere from "The sky is falling" to "It's all sunshine and roses" is all more about therapy than giving up on the team. I vent my frustrations here and it makes me feel better. Then I come back to reality. I never actually give up on the team, sell my tickets, stop rooting my heart out, and living and dying with them every Sunday.

That's just my point, I do not believe that anyone who has been negative on this board is actually going to give up on this team, and isn't a real fan.

I also don't like it when people tell other people what to do here. This is a free forum and if someone wants to post, then they should come an post no matter what their opinion is.

so if I am this passionate about this team that I can't sleep well for multiple days after a loss where I didn't think the team put forth a great effort, and post something negative about that effort. I just can't see how someone can say I am not a "real" fan because I am not all sunshine and daisies.

Anyway, I will say again this site is Therapy for me and a lot of people to get their frustrations out because we as an average joe have no control on how this team plays, and we cannot just go into the locker room and tell them how they let us down this week with a sub par effort. This creates a lot of frustration and I know it helps me to vent here and I am sure others feel the same.

Everyone who posts here is a REAL fan, we all spend countless hours on this team and live and die with every play.

Real fans dont cannibalize their own by calling them lesser fans for bitching, venting, etc.

How 'bout dem apples?

:D

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I think we need to stop judging each other on who is a real fan and who isn't.

Here we go! I agree with you Sports Steve, but Pyite32 makes some really good points. This is a bit of a therapy place for us fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I think we need to stop judging each other on who is a real fan and who isn't.
    Preach it!!! AMEN!!!

Wink Re: Real Fans Stay On The Band Wagon

"Real" fans. What bullshit!

If I want to come here on Sunday night, after a horrible ending to a mediocre game, to vent about the Billick-esque offensive schemes, the lack of concentration, play-calling, or officiating, that's my privilege. I don't get why some fans want to challenge the other fans' "fandom". I don't leave the game early, boo the Ravens, sell my tickets, etc after two losses (to two 1st place teams); however, if I did, it would be my right to do so.

I will, however, continue to exercise my 1st Amendment rights regarding lack of escalators or HDTVs in the men's restrooms!

Sorry Steve, but you just fell into a pile of crap with that comment.:grbac:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Vent Damn it. Vent :girlfight:girlfight

I know i need to vent, i know my buddies need to vent, i had a buddy in Vegas who called me after the game that wanted to vent instead of gamble and we vented for about an hour, just like last week I vented all week until Sunday and my kids were purpled out and my Jersey was on, I even bought my Wife a Ngata jersey after the loss, I will do the same thing this week until game time and I will be front and center for pre-game and kick-off, no breakfast, with water because if I drink and we lose I get violent, so I wait until the end, but I still wear my hat all week and defend my team from all the non Ravens Fans.