Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Real Fans Stay On The Band Wagon

So........if you have any concerns or are worried, this now means you aren't a real fan?

This is where we are heading on this forum?

Blog Entries

Terrell Suggs, Baltimore Ravens
    Oh yeah, they are. You guys are the best fans in the world, because you're die-hard Ravens fans. Everyone has an opinion of why we lost those two games, but come Sunday, all you guys will be back in Purple & Black!!!

Just stated by Terrell on his live chat.
    Atleast the team knows we are die-hard

Blog Entries

I can bitch and I can praise....its therapeutic! Doesn't change the fact that I'll always be a Ravens Fan first!!

Truly the only thing more annoying than "real fans" definitions threads are people who have to write full paragraph on why they refuse to participate in "real fan" definition threads. :grbac:

5. Re: Real Fans Stay On The Band Wagon

If we win this week against the Vikings, we are right back in the thick of things as an elite team. A 4-2 record is very good going into the bye week.

I would not give up or freak out just yet.

Venting as we used to sayat NASA is AOK!!! And Mista T is absolutely right when he says we all have the right to post whatever the hell we want on this board so long as we follow the very loose rules.

We all hate the Ravens 2 losses. However, they were almost wins. That means that as poorly as they played, they were still in the game at the end. That is a good football team folks!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't take my lack of venting as a noon need to vent or a lack of fan-dom.

To be honest... sometimes, I just don't like to talk about it.

And by the time I'm thinking about talking about the threads are 18 pages long... that is a lot of reading for repeated venting and posters calling eachother out...

I always thought this week's game was going to be tough... now it is gonna be real tough - and real, real crucial.
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

Oh, so now we have 'fan police' monitoring the message boards...what absolute BS!! I thought this is where 'real' fans can come and vent. It now sounds like what is happening in society today, i.e. if one questions policy, you are immediately branded some sort of wacko, or, in this case, non-fan. This is probably the most insane thing I have ever heard of!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Baltimore fans showed their true colors when Boller was rolling around on the ground in pain.

I propose to the monitors of this board that a 'real' fan filter be implemented. That way each thread/post can be First reviewed and then censored if it does not meet proper fan etiquette.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

What I might have said, instead of what Sports Steve said, was that I wanted to wait a couple of days for the tears to begin to dry before I started posting here. Posters are free to cry in despair and other posters are free to give them a hard time about it.

I don't think it's unreasonable for Sports Steve to vent about the tone of some of these threads, any more than it's unreasonable for some of us to want to vent about the sky falling.

I really don't think we need to worry about Sports Steve ruining the atmosphere on this board. Let's try to have thicker skin.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

12. Re: Real Fans Stay On The Band Wagon

Personally, I needed a few days to let the anger go away before I would try to post any sort of level-headed response. In the end, we have holes. Every team does, some bigger and more influential than others. The Bengals CB's were able to completely suffocate our WR's. We couldn't get any pressure on Palmer. Our secondary still just isn't meshing.

In the end, we couldn't have possibly expected a 15-win season. We will lose a few games here and there, better for it to be early than late. Hopefully, Mattison will get all the holes tightened up with this defense and Cam will get his head out of his ass. The season is not over BY ANY MEANS, and a win this week against the Vikes will put us right back in the mix. There is still very much work to do, but if the Ravens are one of the best teams in the NFL, we can't keep losing games like these past two.