Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Heroes and Goats (Bunglepalooza edition)

How does Chris Carr not get "goated" here? I mean a 4.7 40 might be too slow to even play up against a slot guy but its even comparably slower when you are trying to run it with your stomach firmly affixed to the turf and your shoes higher than your hat around the 10 yard line. :bag:

Blog Entries

I'm still hopeful that because we gave up the record to Benson, maybe we play just a little tougher against AP to make sure he doesn't get the 100 yards.

Besides, AP hasn't had the yards this season...with Favre able to throw well, he doesn't even need to break a lot of big ones.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

3. Re: Heroes and Goats (Bunglepalooza edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    How does Chris Carr not get "goated" here? I mean a 4.7 40 might be too slow to even play up against a slot guy but its even comparably slower when you are trying to run it with your stomach firmly affixed to the turf and your shoes higher than your hat around the 10 yard line. :bag:
    Yeah, I really liked the Carr signing this past off-season, but that guy has done a good bit of work to change my opinion. He has suddenly become worthless in the returning game and is a liability in coverage. I would really love to see Webb out there soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post

Carr wasn't a Top 5 Goat, ergo he's not on the list. He's not performing well, to be sure, but that was obscured by the overall meltdown we suffered Sunday. Don't worry, I'm sure he'll make his Goat-dom known again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Carr wasn't a Top 5 Goat, ergo he's not on the list. He's not performing well, to be sure, but that was obscured by the overall meltdown we suffered Sunday. Don't worry, I'm sure he'll make his Goat-dom known again soon.
    Please do, he is no more of a help to the Ravens on Sunday than the field goal posts....he stays stationary, maybe moving in the wind with no football IQ or the ability to decipher a play pre-snap.

What a BUST...leave him on the bench til he starts some film study and comprehension of the film study.

:chill
    “Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second.” -Paul "Bear" Bryant

:ire::usa::jester:

Carr should certainly be on the goat list, more than most if not all of those already on it. The Ray Lewis hit was legal in every way other than that it might have been a tad too late, but he shouldn't be on the goat list for it. Cam shouldn't be on it either...you guys are insane if you think we never tried to go down field. The Bengals very specifically took down-field passing away from us. We tried, there was just nothing there other than one play that Flacco missed. And if you're goating people over one play (Flacco and Lewis), then Carr should most certainly be there given he farted out on the most important play of the game! He's the guy that fell down and let Caldwell get wide open in the end zone. Carr should be #1 on the goat list...he didn't have a good game that was marred by that play, he had a horrible game that was capped by that play.

Landry deserves to be on the goat list more than the hero list. He's had two terrible games in a row.

Clayton certainly doesn't deserve an honorable mention. He got wide open once on a play that missed. That's not a hero. And he certainly was a non-factor up until that point.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Yes, Carr should be no.1 on the goat's list. But Ray should be on it as well, because he knows better, and that was a very costly penalty at a crucial point in the game. And, Cam should be on simply because his approach to this game was very, very 'soft', imo. Whatever happened to smash mouth football!? It worked well for us last year, and our backfield was not as formidable as it is this year.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

What everyone has to understand is that everything on this list is subject to disagreement. I have no problem with that. I simply present it to you with my reasoning behind it and let you decide for yourself.

Flacco has a bad habit of holding on to the ball too long and taking unnecessary sacks. Two weeks in a row it's been very noticable and I can gaurantee you he will be hog-tied all day on the Metrodome turf by Allen if he doesn't get that play clock in his head working and start reacting faster and more decisively to the rush. Holding onto the ball and taking unneeded sacks kills momentum and scoring drives. That's a BIG no-no.

Flacco's redzone INT cost us big time. It's the second week in a row that he's cost us points before the half and to top it off, he made a poor throw into double coverage to a TE who was already being defended by a cornerback, a safety and the sideline. He's got to know better than that by now.

The critical overthrow speaks for itself. There are high school QBs who should be able to make that pass no problem, much less one of the best young up and coming studs the NFL has seen in years. I expect more from Joe, therefore it's easier for him to receive Hero status, but at the same time, Goat status if he doesn't perform well, because of the negative impact it has on the team and the scoreboard.

It's no secret Ray Lewis is my favorite Raven. But if you are the leader of a team, there's no room for you to screw the pooch, especially in crunchtime. That late hit gave the Bengals momentum, fired them up and it also seemed to draw the ire of the officials, something we definitely DIDN'T need. I'm sure he knows that. He also dropped a certain Pick-6 that hit him square in his hands in the second half, but who's counting? Sure, other than that he had his normal great Ray Lewis game, but Heroes and Goats isn't based solely on "who made the least mistakes". Timing is also a key factor.

Cam has outsmarted himself by abandoning our identity on the ground after the first three games and, surprise, surprise, we've lost our last two, in part to our lack of offensive diversity. Our time of possession has suffered, as well as a number of other statistical categories we dominated prior to the Patriots game. I feel he's extremely culpable for the measily 7 points our briefly stellar offense put up Sunday.

Clayton bounced back, made a big 1st down catch in the 4th Qtr and placed Flack in the ideal position to finish off the Bengals. That's all I can ask of a guy who I just named my #1 Goat last week. Unfortunately, he was cheated out of his full redemption by an inaccurate deep ball. Not his fault, just as it wasn't Flacco's fault when Clayton dropped a perfect pass.

Certainly no disagreement here. Good read on Flacco, as well.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post

Clayton certainly doesn't deserve an honorable mention. He got wide open once on a play that missed. That's not a hero. And he certainly was a non-factor up until that point.

- C -
    Well all I can say is that he did his job on that long pass play.. he can't throw it to himself too.

No, but he may have tried extending himself on that throw - would've made a statement after last weekend's drop.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    No, but he may have tried extending himself on that throw - would've made a statement after last weekend's drop.
    On an uncatchable ball? Why risk the possibbility of injury?