Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,500

    Re: Ravens Fans?!?!?!?!?



    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Real fans do not eat messy crabs in a Ravens jersey!


    ok, that was good
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,126

    Re: Ravens Fans?!?!?!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Endzone 84 View Post
    I agree there are not to many real Ravens fans in this state. I don't care how you express your feeling towards a loss. Real fans move on and not sit here all week crying about last Sunday.
    Yes you are the only "real" Ravens fan and have the only "real" way to express yourself after a loss...
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!





  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    baltimore
    Posts
    3,225

    Re: Ravens Fans?!?!?!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    anyway, back to the thread...

    I am not quitting on the the team, and this has nothing to do with being defensive. I am just tired of these threads about who is a "real" fan and not. I truly believe no matter what people come here to say about this team anywhere from "The sky is falling" to "It's all sunshine and roses" is all more about therapy than giving up on the team. I vent my frustrations here and it makes me feel better. Then I come back to reality. I never actually give up on the team, sell my tickets, stop rooting my heart out, and living and dying with them every Sunday.

    That's just my point, I do not believe that anyone who has been negative on this board is actually going to give up on this team, and isn't a real fan.

    I also don't like it when people tell other people what to do here. This is a free forum and if someone wants to post, then they should come an post no matter what their opinion is.
    __________________



    I am not trying to tell anyone what to post or not post. I just hate when after a loss people will come on here and just melt down about how the team needs to stick a fork in it. I use the games on Sunday to take 3 hours and get away from reality and just enjoy the game like it is bigger then life itself. I hate losing and am a very poor sport. I act like a 6 year old when I lose and don't get my way in a game. Ask Houston he can probably tell you.



    But, as for your post in your thread that you started today. I thought it was a great post and you made some good solid points and everythin was well said. But when the guy went and wrote "stick a fork in us" like we have no chance of making it anywhere this season I had read enough on these boards and wanted to write out something in frusteration. It was not to offend anyway but to call people out and say don't quit lets move on and stand behind this team.

    Like I had said, I probably worded some things worng and offended people, but that was not my intent. All I am is a coach from my living room with a cold beer and an order of wings. If I was a writer then i would feel bad, but I would hope noone here is losing sleep over the things I write. I mean hell I ain't slept in two days because this lost to the Bengals has me burning for Sunday to get here.
    Last edited by bmorebirds_24; 10-13-2009 at 12:21 PM. Reason: spelling




  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    92

    Re: Ravens Fans?!?!?!?!?

    I understand and agree with the original post. Maybe just replace the word "real" with "true/good" if everyone has such a beef. True/good fans don't boo their own team. True/good fans temper their frustration with the understanding that those guys are out there doing the best they can. True/good fans don't run hot and cold in their support. If a person flies his flag at 3-0 and not at 3-2, he's no true/good fan.
    Lamenting bad play in a living room or bar is one thing; derogating our own players and/or inciting others to do so at the stadium is another. It doesn't help a team to be boo'd at home. That's what the visiting team wants, because it eviscerates home field advantage and adds frustration. (we've all heard players say that). The players are just guys that happen to be incredibly good at what they do. So, by booing at home games, one is actually promoting the agenda of the opponent. Does a true/good fan do that.




  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,126

    Re: Ravens Fans?!?!?!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I am not trying to tell anyone what to post or not post. I just hate when after a loss people will come on here and just melt down about how the team needs to stick a fork in it. I use the games on Sunday to take 3 hours and get away from reality and just enjoy the game like it is bigger then life itself. I hate losing and am a very poor sport. I act like a 6 year old when I lose and don't get my way in a game. Ask Houston he can probably tell you.



    But, as for your post in your thread that you started today. I thought it was a great post and you made some good solid points and everythin was well said. But when the guy went and wrote "stick a fork in us" like we have no chance of making it anywhere this season I had read enough on these boards and wanted to write out something in frusteration. It was not to offend anyway but to call people out and say don't quit lets move on and stand behind this team.

    Like I had said, I probably worded some things worng and offended people, but that was not my intent. All I am is a coach from my living room with a cold beer and an order of wings. If I was a writer then i would feel bad, but I would hope noone here is losing sleep over the things I write. I mean hell I ain't slept in two days because this lost to the Bengals has me burning for Sunday to get here.
    I understand what you are saying and what you say here comes across much better than the original post in this thread. I will not blame you for that as my initial posts when I am frustrated I know tend to lean towards the extremes and then I have to go back and explain myself as well.

    Thanks for the compliment on the thread.

    As for the last sentence in your post, I have been going through the same thing, so if I am this passionate about this team that I can't sleep well for multiple days after a loss where I didn't think the team put forth a great effort, and post something negative about that effort. I just can't see how someone can say I am not a "real" fan because I am not all sunshine and daisies.

    Anyway, I will say again this site is Therapy for me and a lot of people to get their frustrations out because we as an average joe have no control on how this team plays, and we cannot just go into the locker room and tell them how they let us down this week with a sub par effort. This creates a lot of frustration and I know it helps me to vent here and I am sure others feel the same.

    Everyone who posts here is a REAL fan, we all spend countless hours on this team and live and die with every play.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!





  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Owings Mills
    Posts
    1,655

    Re: Ravens Fans?!?!?!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    I understand what you are saying and what you say here comes across much better than the original post in this thread. I will not blame you for that as my initial posts when I am frustrated I know tend to lean towards the extremes and then I have to go back and explain myself as well.

    Thanks for the compliment on the thread.

    As for the last sentence in your post, I have been going through the same thing, so if I am this passionate about this team that I can't sleep well for multiple days after a loss where I didn't think the team put forth a great effort, and post something negative about that effort. I just can't see how someone can say I am not a "real" fan because I am not all sunshine and daisies.

    Anyway, I will say again this site is Therapy for me and a lot of people to get their frustrations out because we as an average joe have no control on how this team plays, and we cannot just go into the locker room and tell them how they let us down this week with a sub par effort. This creates a lot of frustration and I know it helps me to vent here and I am sure others feel the same.

    Everyone who posts here is a REAL fan, we all spend countless hours on this team and live and die with every play.
    Well said, and I felt the same as Bmore and have stated it multiple times in the past 2 days. Everyone has a right to say what they want, but it can be very frustrating when on here, on the radio all you hear is what sounds like the end of the world and people jumping ship.

    I guess for me I'm just not that worried because in our 2 losses we played well in 1 and lost and shitty in the 2nd, but we were not blown out in either and had realistic chances to win both games. All of the arguments that we could be done could be true and we could win only 2 more games...I just don't see it happening. I look at a team that was in the AFC Champ games last year, and IMO is a better team this year on O, CB play seems the same to me if not slightly better this year ( I know that sounds crazy) but it's not like they were that good last year, I think we will be fine??
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

    Section 126, Row 33




    Lets Go Flacco




  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    California Island (New Capital of R.O.M)
    Posts
    1,851
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ravens Fans?!?!?!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Its not really about being a fan or not. Everyone here will turn their t.v.s on at 1:00 this Sunday and more then likely, like myself, will pace back and forth for the next three hours trying to find the right place to stand that brings the Ravens the best luck. No one will think about last week or the week before...it will be about the here and now...the Vikings.

    Yes, there are those on this board who either 1. immediately blame the refs for every loss or 2. get angry, tell the Ravens to F.O. and they aren't watching them anymore or 3. go to the dark side and start predicting a complete loss of a season thinking that if they predict loss upfront, they will then feel better if the Ravens lose.

    I have them in my M&T section too as well as just folks in my community. These aren't necessarily bad fans as much as they are people searching for ways to emotionally cope with a loss. People do this in different ways...some more pronounced and some more quiet and beaten.

    I wouldn't question their fandom as much as I would question their emotional coping skills

    Good Point.

    I am pissed off right now, and I am not throwing in the tow, but I will write disgruntled posts and vent, I get on here to vent or celebrate, that doesn't mean that I am not a fan, I just put emotion into this shit. Now some of the post are a bit flagerant (hey somebody tell Brady to look that word up) and off the wall, but if I don't vent here with other fans were do i vent at. We definently looked like complete ass Sunday and deserved to lose that game. The Ravens definently need to rebound against the Vikes and come off the bye week with there shit straight or we are in trouble.




  8. #38

    Wink Re: Ravens Fans?!?!?!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I am not trying to tell anyone what to post or not post. I just hate when after a loss people will come on here and just melt down about how the team needs to stick a fork in it.


    Why do you think people participate in message boards, anyway? What's the problem with people expressing themselves after losses?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    132

    Re: Ravens Fans?!?!?!?!?

    While I haven't really heard/read people saying that we will only win 2-3 more games, it wouldn't surprise me. The Ravens were ranked #1 in the ESPN Power Rankings after week 3 ok...that caused a lot of people to jump on the band wagon...A LOT of people. I have seen evidence of this most at the Stadium on game days. There is a person that sits a few rows behind me that on every play offensive play they yell "Come on Joe" "Get a touchdown Joe". This person is expecting Joe Flacco to do it all, and get a TD on every play, never mind that she is yelling while the Offense is on the field. There is about 20 people in my same section that yell on Offense. Drives me nuts!!!

    Even more proof is that fans were actually booing the offense. Booing!!! I had tell people to sit down and stop booing.

    Now I do believe this...there are 2 types of fans
    - Band wagoners
    and
    - Everyone else
    Some are more dedicated than others...and I am only speaking to fans at the Stadium, no one on this site because a lot can be lost in text and I don't feel I get the full meaning or I misunderstand what the point someone is trying to make.

    I'm frustrated because I feel the team can play better, but some are mad and upset because they hopped on the wrong train and soon will break their ankles getting on another one. Just like most of us I have been with the Ravens through the rough times and the good times...I will be here no matter what happens

    I Bleed Purple
    Go Ravens!!!
    Season Ticket Holder Since 1996 Sec 545




  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    baltimore
    Posts
    3,225

    Re: Ravens Fans?!?!?!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by caliraven View Post
    I understand and agree with the original post. Maybe just replace the word "real" with "true/good" if everyone has such a beef. True/good fans don't boo their own team. True/good fans temper their frustration with the understanding that those guys are out there doing the best they can. True/good fans don't run hot and cold in their support. If a person flies his flag at 3-0 and not at 3-2, he's no true/good fan.
    Lamenting bad play in a living room or bar is one thing; derogating our own players and/or inciting others to do so at the stadium is another. It doesn't help a team to be boo'd at home. That's what the visiting team wants, because it eviscerates home field advantage and adds frustration. (we've all heard players say that). The players are just guys that happen to be incredibly good at what they do. So, by booing at home games, one is actually promoting the agenda of the opponent. Does a true/good fan do that.



    I like the way you think and I agree True/good would have been a better way to describe it.




  11. #41

    Re: Ravens Fans?!?!?!?!?

    ---------------------------------------------------

    www.oblongspheroid.com

    A blog about any and everything football.

    Twitter: oblong_spheroid




  12. #42

    Re: Ravens Fans?!?!?!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by caliraven View Post
    I understand and agree with the original post. Maybe just replace the word "real" with "true/good" if everyone has such a beef. True/good fans don't boo their own team. True/good fans temper their frustration with the understanding that those guys are out there doing the best they can. True/good fans don't run hot and cold in their support. If a person flies his flag at 3-0 and not at 3-2, he's no true/good fan.
    Lamenting bad play in a living room or bar is one thing; derogating our own players and/or inciting others to do so at the stadium is another. It doesn't help a team to be boo'd at home. That's what the visiting team wants, because it eviscerates home field advantage and adds frustration. (we've all heard players say that). The players are just guys that happen to be incredibly good at what they do. So, by booing at home games, one is actually promoting the agenda of the opponent. Does a true/good fan do that.
    I too agree with the original poster. Its absolutely stunning that after a loss we hear the negativety that many have posted. I have actually stopped posting until I seen this thread. Nice job 24!!!




  13. #43

    Re: Ravens Fans?!?!?!?!?

    I won't begin to tell ANYONE how to be a fan. I will not request that anyone keep their opinions to themselves.... HOWEVER... I did have a hard time digesting the post that this thread is obviously referring to.




  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.
    Posts
    1,540

    Re: Ravens Fans?!?!?!?!?

    Damn for the first time in a few years I thought I accidently visited the Raven Insiders forum.

    Cause that place was great when things were going south.I'd have my pics of people jumping overboard and out of windows,and the ol' chicken little picture.

    Ok so the Ravens are not as good as we thought they were. We got overexcited over the offense and playcalling.

    If you could not see the small wounds opening vs Kansas City.Then it was more of a shock vs the Chargers.And now that pass rush,pass defense is a gaping hole.

    It hurts like crazy how the last two games have ended.Different people express their frustartion different ways.

    But if you are posting on a Raven forum instead of enjoying life,you are pretty much a Raven fan in my book.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.




  15. #45

    Re: Ravens Fans?!?!?!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I don't even go on profiles here buddy. Maybe if it was your facebook I'd be all over it. If I clicked on in by accident or something then ok I have been known to hit a bad button or two. Get real! So how come you have not asked my two football questions? Or are you using this site to find date? I heard eharmony is pretty good if your looking for love and adultfriendfinder is good for hook ups. Maybe you should check them out.
    UH oh, BUSTED...clicked on his profile by accident? LOL, child please. HoustonRaven is going to put the baby to bed.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland