Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ravens Fans?!?!?!?!?

Let me start by saying this is not to everyone on here or that calls themselves a fan. Because, some of us actually really are fans. I hate losing just as much as the next man or women and this weeks game chapped my ass as bad as any. But what is making things so much worse is listening to the cry babies in the stands and some on this board.

When I was at the game, I heard idiots say things like "different season, same song and dance" then one yelled "we probably have the worse defense in the league", "Flacco looks like Boller". Now I understand that not everyone at a Ravens game is a "true fan". But I come on this board and see what some of the "true fans" have to say and it's just as pathetic as I hear on the streets.

We are 3-2 a game out offirst in our division and still have 11 games left and I am reading things like "stick a fork in us" "we will only win 2 or 3 more games all year." What is wrong with some of you people? Get your heads out your asses or go root for another team. At least get off this message board. Get real! This season is far from over, we have a legit QB who can win games, a tough running game and if I remember correctly don't we have a guy #52 that controls the middle ofte field? Yes, we do.

Do you think the players are in the locker room like, hey let's pack it in season is over? Some of you people who claim to be fans, are far from it and you guys seriously make true fans look bad. What happens if you back a pit bull into a corner? He is going to fight his ass off to get out of it. The Ravens damn sure aren't ready to quit and us as fans shouldn't be either. So come Sunday when you wake up throw your jersey on and cheer for this team like you have no sense, you can bet your ass on one thing when Sunday gets here I am going to be the most jacked up fan ready to stick with this team and they may hear me in Min. from my house in Baltimore, Maryland. If your quitting on this team then go ahead to the library read a book and enjoy the quiet time. But please don't come on here when we are 11-5 and say I love this team all year I stuck with them because the true ones on here know who the hell the posers are.

Re: Ravens Fans?!?!?!?!?

Yet another thread about who the "real" fans are and are not.

Guess what, we are all "real" fans. Just certain people have a different ways of expressing their frustration than others.

The truth of it is, if YOU don't like the people posting here maybe YOU shouldn't read the board. Instead of telling everyone else to go away.

:grbac:
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Every team has their share of reactionary fans. I wouldn't worry too much about the chatter.

This thread is an embarrassment.

He does kinda have a point.

The same ones proclaiming "the season is over", "we suck", etc. will be the same ones proclaiming how loyal they are and how they stuck with the team through the rough times should we go to the playoffs.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Yet another thread about who the "real" fans are and are not.

Guess what, we are all "real" fans. Just certain people have a different ways of expressing their frustration than others.

The truth of it is, if YOU don't like the people posting here maybe YOU shouldn't read the board. Instead of telling everyone else to go away.

You know I was actually venting some frustration about a post in YOUR thread. I thought you had a really good opening post and haven't gotten around to commenting and telling you it was a good one.

You don't sound like you are quitting on the team. I was actually thinking you were a fan. But yet, you come on here and get defensive. Am I missing something here? Didn't your thread find reasons why we are still in this thing? I give you respect to get disrespect in return. Sorry I didn' think I had to actually say names because there are a good amount of fans on here.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This thread is an embarrassment.

No what is embarrasing is YOUR 2,000 post and you NEVER talk football. Cool dude, you have a jersey. Cool you can spell and sit behind a keyboard all day.

You mean to tell me it don't get old when we lose to see all kinds of people just quit on this team after 5 games?

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravengirl View Post
    He does kinda have a point.

The same ones proclaiming "the season is over", "we suck", etc. will be the same ones proclaiming how loyal they are and how they stuck with the team through the rough times should we go to the playoffs.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Everytime we lose, people quit and it gets old and to hear some of the statements made is just pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ__ View Post
    Every team has their share of reactionary fans. I wouldn't worry too much about the chatter.

Yea I know what you mean. I just like to read on post about football and how we can improve, not how people say Flacco is like Boller, or this is same team as Billick.

But glad you see my point

Its not really about being a fan or not. Everyone here will turn their t.v.s on at 1:00 this Sunday and more then likely, like myself, will pace back and forth for the next three hours trying to find the right place to stand that brings the Ravens the best luck. No one will think about last week or the week before...it will be about the here and now...the Vikings.

Yes, there are those on this board who either 1. immediately blame the refs for every loss or 2. get angry, tell the Ravens to F.O. and they aren't watching them anymore or 3. go to the dark side and start predicting a complete loss of a season thinking that if they predict loss upfront, they will then feel better if the Ravens lose.

I have them in my M&T section too as well as just folks in my community. These aren't necessarily bad fans as much as they are people searching for ways to emotionally cope with a loss. People do this in different ways...some more pronounced and some more quiet and beaten.

I wouldn't question their fandom as much as I would question their emotional coping skills

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    You know I was actually venting some frustration about a post in YOUR thread. I thought you had a really good opening post and haven't gotten around to commenting and telling you it was a good one.

You don't sound like you are quitting on the team. I was actually thinking you were a fan. But yet, you come on here and get defensive. Am I missing something here? Didn't your thread find reasons why we are still in this thing? I give you respect to get disrespect in return. Sorry I didn' think I had to actually say names because there are a good amount of fans on here.

I am not quitting on the the team, and this has nothing to do with being defensive. I am just tired of these threads about who is a "real" fan and not. I truly believe no matter what people come here to say about this team anywhere from "The sky is falling" to "It's all sunshine and roses" is all more about therapy than giving up on the team. I vent my frustrations here and it makes me feel better. Then I come back to reality. I never actually give up on the team, sell my tickets, stop rooting my heart out, and living and dying with them every Sunday.

That's just my point, I do not believe that anyone who has been negative on this board is actually going to give up on this team, and isn't a real fan.

I also don't like it when people tell other people what to do here. This is a free forum and if someone wants to post, then they should come an post no matter what their opinion is.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds
    You mean to tell me it don't get old when we lose to see all kinds of people just quit on this team after 5 games?
    Calm down, bud. Who are all these people you are talking about that have "quit on the team?" I must have missed those threads, or maybe you are just reading too much into the ones that I have read. Expressing disappoinment over a loss is perfectly normal, it's not quiting on the team.

If you want to be a cheerleader, that's fine, but don't attack everyone who expresses frustration after a loss.