Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Fans?!?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Its not really about being a fan or not. Everyone here will turn their t.v.s on at 1:00 this Sunday and more then likely, like myself, will pace back and forth for the next three hours trying to find the right place to stand that brings the Ravens the best luck. No one will think about last week or the week before...it will be about the here and now...the Vikings.

Yes, there are those on this board who either 1. immediately blame the refs for every loss or 2. get angry, tell the Ravens to F.O. and they aren't watching them anymore or 3. go to the dark side and start predicting a complete loss of a season thinking that if they predict loss upfront, they will then feel better if the Ravens lose.

I have them in my M&T section too as well as just folks in my community. These aren't necessarily bad fans as much as they are people searching for ways to emotionally cope with a loss. People do this in different ways...some more pronounced and some more quiet and beaten.

I wouldn't question their fandom as much as I would question their emotional coping skills

Good Point.

I am pissed off right now, and I am not throwing in the tow, but I will write disgruntled posts and vent, I get on here to vent or celebrate, that doesn't mean that I am not a fan, I just put emotion into this shit. Now some of the post are a bit flagerant (hey somebody tell Brady to look that word up) and off the wall, but if I don't vent here with other fans were do i vent at. We definently looked like complete ass Sunday and deserved to lose that game. The Ravens definently need to rebound against the Vikes and come off the bye week with there shit straight or we are in trouble.

Wink Re: Ravens Fans?!?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I am not trying to tell anyone what to post or not post. I just hate when after a loss people will come on here and just melt down about how the team needs to stick a fork in it.

Why do you think people participate in message boards, anyway? What's the problem with people expressing themselves after losses?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

While I haven't really heard/read people saying that we will only win 2-3 more games, it wouldn't surprise me. The Ravens were ranked #1 in the ESPN Power Rankings after week 3 ok...that caused a lot of people to jump on the band wagon...A LOT of people. I have seen evidence of this most at the Stadium on game days. There is a person that sits a few rows behind me that on every play offensive play they yell "Come on Joe" "Get a touchdown Joe". This person is expecting Joe Flacco to do it all, and get a TD on every play, never mind that she is yelling while the Offense is on the field. There is about 20 people in my same section that yell on Offense. Drives me nuts!!!

Even more proof is that fans were actually booing the offense. Booing!!! I had tell people to sit down and stop booing.

Now I do believe this...there are 2 types of fans
    - Band wagoners
    and
    - Everyone else
    Some are more dedicated than others...and I am only speaking to fans at the Stadium, no one on this site because a lot can be lost in text and I don't feel I get the full meaning or I misunderstand what the point someone is trying to make.

I'm frustrated because I feel the team can play better, but some are mad and upset because they hopped on the wrong train and soon will break their ankles getting on another one. Just like most of us I have been with the Ravens through the rough times and the good times...I will be here no matter what happens

I Bleed Purple
    Go Ravens!!!
    Season Ticket Holder Since 1996 Sec 545

Quote Originally Posted by caliraven View Post
    I understand and agree with the original post. Maybe just replace the word "real" with "true/good" if everyone has such a beef. True/good fans don't boo their own team. True/good fans temper their frustration with the understanding that those guys are out there doing the best they can. True/good fans don't run hot and cold in their support. If a person flies his flag at 3-0 and not at 3-2, he's no true/good fan.
    Lamenting bad play in a living room or bar is one thing; derogating our own players and/or inciting others to do so at the stadium is another. It doesn't help a team to be boo'd at home. That's what the visiting team wants, because it eviscerates home field advantage and adds frustration. (we've all heard players say that). The players are just guys that happen to be incredibly good at what they do. So, by booing at home games, one is actually promoting the agenda of the opponent. Does a true/good fan do that.

I like the way you think and I agree True/good would have been a better way to describe it.

---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by caliraven View Post
    I understand and agree with the original post. Maybe just replace the word "real" with "true/good" if everyone has such a beef. True/good fans don't boo their own team. True/good fans temper their frustration with the understanding that those guys are out there doing the best they can. True/good fans don't run hot and cold in their support. If a person flies his flag at 3-0 and not at 3-2, he's no true/good fan.
    Lamenting bad play in a living room or bar is one thing; derogating our own players and/or inciting others to do so at the stadium is another. It doesn't help a team to be boo'd at home. That's what the visiting team wants, because it eviscerates home field advantage and adds frustration. (we've all heard players say that). The players are just guys that happen to be incredibly good at what they do. So, by booing at home games, one is actually promoting the agenda of the opponent. Does a true/good fan do that.
    I too agree with the original poster. Its absolutely stunning that after a loss we hear the negativety that many have posted. I have actually stopped posting until I seen this thread. Nice job 24!!!

I won't begin to tell ANYONE how to be a fan. I will not request that anyone keep their opinions to themselves.... HOWEVER... I did have a hard time digesting the post that this thread is obviously referring to.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Damn for the first time in a few years I thought I accidently visited the Raven Insiders forum.

Cause that place was great when things were going south.I'd have my pics of people jumping overboard and out of windows,and the ol' chicken little picture.

Ok so the Ravens are not as good as we thought they were. We got overexcited over the offense and playcalling.

If you could not see the small wounds opening vs Kansas City.Then it was more of a shock vs the Chargers.And now that pass rush,pass defense is a gaping hole.

It hurts like crazy how the last two games have ended.Different people express their frustartion different ways.

But if you are posting on a Raven forum instead of enjoying life,you are pretty much a Raven fan in my book.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I don't even go on profiles here buddy. Maybe if it was your facebook I'd be all over it. If I clicked on in by accident or something then ok I have been known to hit a bad button or two. Get real! So how come you have not asked my two football questions? Or are you using this site to find date? I heard eharmony is pretty good if your looking for love and adultfriendfinder is good for hook ups. Maybe you should check them out.
    UH oh, BUSTED...clicked on his profile by accident? LOL, child please. HoustonRaven is going to put the baby to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTD View Post

But if you are posting on a Raven forum instead of enjoying life,you are pretty much a Raven fan in my book.
    Are you saying you can't be enjoying life and post in a Ravens forum?
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaine View Post
    Are you saying you can't be enjoying life and post in a Ravens forum?
    No I mean't out enjoying life rather than being a like us and spending time on an internet forum arguing over something we have no control of , is what I mean't but I was being poilite.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac View Post
    UH oh, BUSTED...clicked on his profile by accident? LOL, child please. HoustonRaven is going to put the baby to bed.
    I think you mean to say "Kiss the baby"
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco