Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Stay of Execution

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard
    The defense? I hate to break it to you boys and girls, but the Ravens weren't going to have a Top 5 defense forever. And they weren't going to suck on offense forever. I think we are seeing the transformation before our very eyes.
    This is one of most insightful comments I've read in a long time. I have nothing to add to it, except to simply say that I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    True, we are not going to win every game; however, we do need to make serious adjustments in our pass defense, or opposing teams will continue to exploit us as they have the last two weeks.
    i will consider us exploited when someone other than a top 5 QB can do this to us. I might worry a little if a top 5 QB does this to us and we have no chance at winning that game, but both these games could have gone either way.

Carson Palmer and Tom Brady had a lot of help with the refs. Carson had an average game (84 passer rating). Brady did well (100 passer rating) however his 3rd down stats were terrible, and if it were not from the help from the refs his stats would have been significantly worse. Rivers exposed us with his gigantic receivers.
    Last edited by bretts; 10-13-2009 at 01:30 PM.

Getting to the SB and winning it is what it is all about right now, and to do that we need to be able to handle the elite QBs in the league.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    The defense? I hate to break it to you boys and girls, but the Ravens weren't going to have a Top 5 defense forever. And they weren't going to suck on offense forever. I think we are seeing the transformation before our very eyes.
    It would have been nice if we had made the most of those defenses while we had them :grbac:

Blog Entries

I have to disagree with the Defense playing poorly, they played well up to the laundry on the field on the last drive and a few others here and there, 17 points isn't to bad, and when the D puts 7 back on the board, you might want to point the finger at the Offense on this lose. Ok we gave up some drives but we stalled them twice in the redzone, once on the 2 or 3 yard line which resulting in negative yards and a FG and once on a missed FG. All in all the D did look lost yet again but didn't allow that many points.
    They need to get back to playing with discipline.
    If I recall last year we lost some heart breakings to Pitt and Tenn at the end of the game, that needs to change of course, We need to grind and finish teams out.

Let me edit real quick.

Chris Carr is a liability at any position on the field, Coach you already made a good move by letting Webb return kick offs, now please give him a shot at Nickel, or even Walker, atleast we know he will not get ran over like a litlle Bitch (Carr).

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Getting to the SB and winning it is what it is all about right now, and to do that we need to be able to handle the elite QBs in the league.
    We can handle them, we did. we had every chance to win both those games. Next time around could go the other way...

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    If we're talking about our defense though in the way they give up passing yards, then you may want to re-think the Packers. Aaron Rodgers is a passing machine this year. That's going to be a tougher game than you think.
    If the Ravens cannot get pressure on Rodgers the Ravens are in big trouble. They are starting two horrible tackles. Rodgers has been a tackling dummy this year.

8. Re: Stay of Execution

So 3-2 Pissburgh away is not a winnable game, but at 5-0 Minnesota is??

Please enlighten me on the thought process behind this...

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post

Just that I don't think we sweep Pittsburgh this year, especially b/c if we give Rapistberger the lack of pass rush we have been showing he will tear us apart.
    I still think we beat them at home, just that we don't sweep.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

We can.

However, the D play calling is looking suspect. Now whether or not this is because it is the actual calls or the lack of pressure on the QB I'm not completely sure (FS, you probably know more than anybody here). No corners, not even Ashmigomiguomaguioughwa along side of Prime Time in his prime can stop the passing game if the QB has time to make a sandwich before throwing the ball. Harbs and Matts - find the hole and plug it.
    Cam started out fantastic in calling the O. We were second to only Brees in points. Don't out think yourself.

Minn is going to be a damn tough game, if we pull it off fan-freakin-tastic! If we loose, Harbs better use the bye week to fix %^#$ and fix it ASAP.

The remaining schedule is not easy but it is not impossible... once again, it can be done.
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post

they are both winnable