Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: We Deserved To Lose

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I don't have a problem with Flacco overthrowing him, either -- just that the low percentage long pass was the wrong call at that point of the game. Instead, a short yardage completion for the 1st down would have provided a new set of downs headed to the 2:00 break. Possibly enough to ice the game, or at least shaving enough time to have put Palmer in a deep hole.

When you find out what the hell Cam is doing please let me know, because that had to be one of the stupidest calls of the entire game. Even if it is a good throw and a catch, still a poor play call when all you need to do is get the 1st and run the clock. As soon as he did that I looked at my wife and said we just gave them the chance to come back and win the game and they probaly will.
    and is going on with the Defensive play calling. How do we let the QB sneak out of the back feild after over persueing and pick up the 1st on a 4th down. last year he woulded be ablt to breath back there let alone get out to scramble for a 1st

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    I don't think anyone here questions what I think about Clayton.

But you giving Flacco a pass on that play and ripping Clayton is laughable. Clayton had the same sort of game that he always has. Insignificant, except every so often he breaks a big one. He broke a HUGE one here, and Flacco straight up missed him. Flacco shouldn't get a pass for that one...he had the chance to put the game away for good and missed it.

It was 3rd and 10. There are no high percentage calls for plays like those. There's no short yardage completion for a first down even possible.

That certainly wasn't the wrong call. The fact of the matter was, it was a perfect call, because it was working other than the fact that Flacco missed an easy throw. The whole game we were moving the ball underneath, and we've been exceptionally good at doing so all year. You guys all bitch about not going deep enough this game...that's what made it the perfect call! They hadn't gone deep, the Bengals VERY clearly weren't expecting it, and Clayton was so far behind everyone that he could have stopped to read a book before making it to the end zone.

I'm not saying Flacco's not a good quarterback. But stop acting like he doesn't deserve to shoulder some of the blame on this one.

- C -
    Definently Flacco's fault on the poor throw, Flacco looked out of the game the entire 60mins if you ask me. Did he have the flu or something, he just didn't look comfortable back there today and there is no way you can say because Gaither was out, Oher did a decent job.

Still have to disagree with the play call though, not when all you need is a 1st or just some more yardage to eat up clock and make them burn a TO.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoNo View Post
    Definently Flacco's fault on the poor throw, Flacco looked out of the game the entire 60mins if you ask me. Did he have the flu or something, he just didn't look comfortable back there today and there is no way you can say because Gaither was out, Oher did a decent job.

Still have to disagree with the play call though, not when all you need is a 1st or just some more yardage to eat up clock and make them burn a TO.
    It was Flacco's fault, plain and simple. It stings even moreso watching MNF last night and seeing Henne and Sanchez make big plays downfield, when in my mind, Flack is far better than they are.

Our D was fine. It was not clutch on the last drive due to bogus penalties, but only gave up 2 scoring drives before that. 17 pts is not insurmountable anyway.

Our offense deserves ALL of the blame. One scoring drive? It would be one thing if we had three scoring drives and missed two FGs. Then I would be ok with just 7 pts from the O and put a little more hate on the D. Cant do it though. Even Boller was good for 2-3 scoring drives a game. If it was 2 tds and an FG, we even won sometimes .

Blog Entries

Not to mention that the score we did put up was because of Ray Rice making a great play instead of going down and probaly having to punt again. I said it earlier and I'll say it again Joe looked out of zink back there, he was throwing the ball to check downs when he still had plenty of time to let his WR's get open down field and just made some poor throws, if he would have read the field properly instead of throwing a INT he would have realized that Rice was wide open in the middle of the field and we know what happens when Rice has room (the one ball he should have checked down but throw a pick, Oyeah in the RED ZONE).

This blame definently goes to the O, shit even the D put up 7, and when that happens we normally always win, and we won the Turn Over battle. WTF is Ray Rice and Todd Heap doing lined up as the outside WR. I said this before to, Cam is trying to hard to look like a guru and get another crack at a HC job.