Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Next week is do or die

This past week against Cincy at home was do or die..therefore--death for 2009.

2. Re: Next week is do or die

The sky is FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUN!!!!!!!!! Take cover!!!!!!!!!!

The season is over after 6 weeks if we are 3-3? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravcolt View Post
    This past week against Cincy at home was do or die..therefore--death for 2009.
    So, if we win this week and are 4-2 the season is still over because we lost to Cincy. Ridiculous

I thought there was a team that was 3-3 after 6 games last year who made it to the AFCC Game.

Who was that again?

Some people just trip me out!!

The season is over if we lose Sunday?

Suppose we do lose (which is what I think will happen)
    I think if you sit back and look at the first 6 weeks of the schedule prior to the season starting you would have predicted us to be about 3-3 to 4-2.

KC- most thought we'd win
    SD- most thought we'd lose
    C-choke-most thought we'd win
    New England-most thought we'd lose
    Cincy-most thought we'd win.

So after 5 weeks, we're right where most thought we'd be, just with swapping one win/lose with 2 different teams.

The normal way to go is to win all your home games, split on the road.

We're about on par right now except we need to steal a road win to make up for yesterday.

If we go to Cincy later in the year and win there, we're right back where we should be.

People need to relax and settle down before declaring the year over.

Now granted, what we're seeing certainly doesn't bode well for the confidence, but damn, let's get to the bye, re-group and see where we're at coming out of the bye.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

problem is Ravens schedule looks hard...At Minnie AT Pitt AT Cincy AT GB monday night, Home to Colts never beat, home to Pitt hard. outside of the Lions, Oakland and The Browns, and no gimmes then add to that solid teams in Denver and Chicago at home which helps. I see 6 wins with a plus or minus number of the games of Cincy, Minnie, Pitt twice, Colts and Denver and Chicago, GB. they have to split the plus/minus number to get to 10 wins to be a 10-6 and in a pile of other teams in tiebreakers situations HOPING for a playoff spot, not a spot I want to be in. Beating Minnie would be 4-2 and a bye, then home to Denver in a huge game, that will shape the season, that's why the Minnie game is almost like a playoff game. Remember 11-5 NE didn't make the playoffs last season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Some people just trip me out!!

The season is over if we lose Sunday?

Suppose we do lose (which is what I think will happen)
    I think if you sit back and look at the first 6 weeks of the schedule prior to the season starting you would have predicted us to be about 3-3 to 4-2.

KC- most thought we'd win
    SD- most thought we'd lose
    C-choke-most thought we'd win
    New England-most thought we'd lose
    Cincy-most thought we'd win.

So after 5 weeks, we're right where most thought we'd be, just with swapping one win/lose with 2 different teams.

The normal way to go is to win all your home games, split on the road.

We're about on par right now except we need to steal a road win to make up for yesterday.

If we go to Cincy later in the year and win there, we're right back where we should be.

People need to relax and settle down before declaring the year over.

Now granted, what we're seeing certainly doesn't bode well for the confidence, but damn, let's get to the bye, re-group and see where we're at coming out of the bye.
    How many of us would have thought that 3-3 would be well back in third place in the division...

Cincinatti being 3-0 in the division already, and two of them on the road. is really bad. We can only lose another game or two all year if we want to make the playoffs, and one CANNOT include in CIncy, unless you predict the Steelers to implode, reigning champs they are.

All I'm saying is it's too early to throw in the towell just yet.
    I admit, it looks somewhat bleak, but alot can happen.
    Right off the bat, if we don't start producing more on offense we're definitely screwed.
    That's fine and dandy to rack up points and yards on the little sisters of the poor, but it needs to happen against better quality teams.
    If it doesn't, it's over.

Suppose Carson Palmer goes out and gets hurt next week, you think that team is going to play the same?

Other then our own inneptitude, he was the difference in that game IMO.

I wouldn't exactly call Pittsburgh world beaters just yet,
    They've struggled some and look vulnerable like us.
    Seems to me they've benefited from playing against weaker teams.

All I'm saying is let a little more time play out before you declare the season over.

It ain't like Cincy is rolling over teams the way the Colts are and we're sitting here at 0-5 like the Titans are in that division.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    All I'm saying is it's too early to throw in the towell just yet.
    I admit, it looks somewhat bleak, but alot can happen.
    Right off the bat, if we don't start producing more on offense we're definitely screwed.
    That's fine and dandy to rack up points and yards on the little sisters of the poor, but it needs to happen against better quality teams.
    If it doesn't, it's over.

Suppose Carson Palmer goes out and gets hurt next week, you think that team is going to play the same?

Other then our own inneptitude, he was the difference in that game IMO.

I wouldn't exactly call Pittsburgh world beaters just yet,
    They've struggled some and look vulnerable like us.
    Seems to me they've benefited from playing against weaker teams.

All I'm saying is let a little more time play out before you declare the season over.

It ain't like Cincy is rolling over teams the way the Colts are and we're sitting here at 0-5 like the Titans are in that division.
    You are right on all accounts. The towel is not thrown in, but that was a particularly damaging loss, 10 times worse then the Pats loss.

Tenesee should be looking to Vince Young at this point... I'm glad we are not there, but just two weeks ago people were talking 16-0 and now the Playoffs are at best a 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    problem is Ravens schedule looks hard...At Minnie AT Pitt AT Cincy AT GB monday night, Home to Colts never beat, home to Pitt hard. outside of the Lions, Oakland and The Browns, and no gimmes then add to that solid teams in Denver and Chicago at home which helps. I see 6 wins with a plus or minus number of the games of Cincy, Minnie, Pitt twice, Colts and Denver and Chicago, GB. they have to split the plus/minus number to get to 10 wins to be a 10-6 and in a pile of other teams in tiebreakers situations HOPING for a playoff spot, not a spot I want to be in. Beating Minnie would be 4-2 and a bye, then home to Denver in a huge game, that will shape the season, that's why the Minnie game is almost like a playoff game. Remember 11-5 NE didn't make the playoffs last season.
    I agree the schedule is hard, but remember 10 wins is all we need to get in the playoffs. Yeah yeah tell me about how the Patriots missed with 11 last year. That has happened twice. EVER. It is not happening again this year.

Now could we miss with 10 wins and lose a tiebreaker.....absolutely.

Anyway here is how I would rank the remaining games as far as difficulty (1-10, 10 being hardest)

6 Sun, Oct 18 @ Minnesota 1:00 PM ---- 9
    8 Sun, Nov 1 Denver 1:00 PM -------- 8
    9 Sun, Nov 8 @ Cincinnati 1:00 PM ------ 8
    10 Mon, Nov 16 @ Cleveland 8:30 PM ---- 1
    11 Sun, Nov 22 Indianapolis 1:00 PM - 10
    12 Sun, Nov 29 Pittsburgh 8:20 PM ------ 8

13 Mon, Dec 7 @ Green Bay 8:30 PM ---- 5
    14 Sun, Dec 13 Detroit 1:00 PM ------ 1
    15 Sun, Dec 20 Chicago 1:00 PM -------- 5

16 Sun, Dec 27 @ Pittsburgh 1:00 PM --- 9
    17 Sun, Jan 3 @ Oakland 4:15 PM ------- 1

If we can win those 5 and under games (5 of them), and then get a couple of other games we are probably in.

This team is good enough to beat anybody anywhere, if we play well. (Blasphemy! I know)

i agree Decleetz, just dont want to be in a position of tiebreakers, it's like put the games away philosophy, so officials cant determine the game, IMO. My guess is 9-7 to anywhere to 11-5 seems logical, but playoffs are very iffy, hoping Jets lose tonite.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    i agree Decleetz, just dont want to be in a position of tiebreakers, it's like put the games away philosophy, so officials cant determine the game, IMO. My guess is 9-7 to anywhere to 11-5 seems logical, but playoffs are very iffy, hoping Jets lose tonite.
    I hear ya, this game is rather big as far as confidence and all that and to avoid a 3 game losing streak, but even if we lose we can come back and make the playoffs. It will be a blow if we lose though I completely agree.

Remember the team that you saw the first month, not the team you saw yesterday. We are just as good when playing well as any of those teams on our schedule and can win any of those games.

Only one I would be chalking up as a loss is the Colts game because Manning owns us and is basically owning everyone else right now. Zero confidence in winning that one even at home.