Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: My thoughts from the land of the DVR.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I'm getting tired of some of you know-it-alls trying to tell us what we do and don't understand about the game of Football. It was a bad hit and a poor-ly timed penalty and everyone knows it. Get over yourself.
    Amen, brotha

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Come on. You're not being serious here. It's not like the ball was coming near Chad's fingertips. Even Ray Lewis in full speed would have been able to see the ball was clearly WAY over Chad's head.

Even Ray knew the hit wasn't right. You could see it in his face after it happened.

I'm getting tired of some of you know-it-alls trying to tell us what we do and don't understand about the game of Football. It was a bad hit and a poor-ly timed penalty and everyone knows it. Get over yourself.
    It's common sense. You think when Ray Lewis is looking to hit Chad Johnson he has superman vision and can tell from his angle the ball is too high? 12 feet is a huge exaggeration and you people know it. The ball was maybe two-three feet high, and last I checked Chad is an athletic WR. If Chad doesn't jump you have an argument, but Ray had more than enough reason to believe a catch was about to be made.

Did you guys cry this much when he hit Kellen Winslow to cause a C-Mac INT last year? Or when he nailed that Broncos player who obviously wasn't going to make a play on C-Mac during that FG return for a TD? He didn't have to hit him that hard, right? Or what about when he destroyed Laverneous Coles over the middle in 2004 during the Skins game on a ball that probably wouldn't have been caught either? Or what about when he nailed that Bucs player trying to catch a pass over the middle in 2006? That pass was a little low IIRC.

Bottom line - that is the way Ray Lewis has been playing this game for 13 years now, and nothing is going to change that. If you want to be mad at anyone be mad at the NFL for these two hand touch rules.

p.s. I'm tired of Ravens fans accusing everyone of drinking the kool aid when their opinion favors the team. Get over yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    It's common sense. You think when Ray Lewis is looking to hit Chad Johnson he has superman vision and can tell from his angle the ball is too high? 12 feet is a huge exaggeration and you people know it. The ball was maybe two-three feet high, and last I checked Chad is an athletic WR. If Chad doesn't jump you have an argument, but Ray had more than enough reason to believe a catch was about to be made.

Did you guys cry this much when he hit Kellen Winslow to cause a C-Mac INT last year? Or when he nailed that Broncos player who obviously wasn't going to make a play on C-Mac during that FG return for a TD? He didn't have to hit him that hard, right? Or what about when he destroyed Laverneous Coles over the middle in 2004 during the Skins game on a ball that probably wouldn't have been caught either? Or what about when he nailed that Bucs player trying to catch a pass over the middle in 2006? That pass was a little low IIRC.

Bottom line - that is the way Ray Lewis has been playing this game for 13 years now, and nothing is going to change that. If you want to be mad at anyone be mad at the NFL for these two hand touch rules.

p.s. I'm tired of Ravens fans accusing everyone of drinking the kool aid when their opinion favors the team. Get over yourselves.

Agreed...100%!!!!!!!

The ball was uncatchable. The rules now have sissyfied the game, but rules are rules.

All those other instances you pointed out...either the ball had hit the WR's hands, or it was before the "defenseless player" rules were put into affect about 2 years ago or so. I said before...that hit Sunday would have been on one of the NFL's "Greatest Hits" tapes 10-15 years ago. Now, rules like that (I even hate that lame "Hines Ward" rule) and the QB roughing calls have basically made the NFL into a sissified game. But it is what it is

It is what it is...and players are going to have to adjust or they will continue to get penalties

Blog Entries

It was a penalty, nothing is going to change that, personally after watching it again Ray seen the ball thrown, seen Chad jump, Ray lowered his head and applied a hit, if his Helmet doesn't fly 20 yards down the field then maybe it's not a flag but come on guys I think Football has turned to pussified BS too, but if you are a Ref and the rules have changed and you see a WR helmet go flying down field you would throw the flag. I don't think it was Ray's fault he was just playing the game he was just unlucky because the ball was thrown way behind Chad and Ray had already committed to making the hit and didn't see the ball and couldn't pull back. I do think this is something the Ref's need to account for before throwing the flag, because if a defender commits to making a hit and lowers his head he obviously can't see the ball and can't turn back, Chad's momentum also was carrying him into the Hit, it was just the whole Helmet thing.
    Yes it sucks, but just unlucky.

It's common sense. You think when Ray Lewis is looking to hit Chad Johnson he has superman vision and can tell from his angle the ball is too high? 12 feet is a huge exaggeration and you people know it. The ball was maybe two-three feet high, and last I checked Chad is an athletic WR.
    Not that RIW didn't already beat me to it, but you couldn't have been more incorrect about this. That ball was not 3 feet high. If you think that, you have no business telling other people what they do and don't understand.

If Chad doesn't jump you have an argument, but Ray had more than enough reason to believe a catch was about to be made.
    Again, you are so wrong on this its not funny.

See, now you are just trying to throw bullshit in the air and hope people don't see through it. As RIW again beat me to, you know good and well those were completely different situations and legal hits on good plays. For you to suggest ANY of those plays you listed is the same as this past Sunday's, is intellectually dishonest.

Nice try slick. You went with the "you don't understand the game" BS. So don't try to turn it into something else.

This play happened pretty much in front of my section.

That ball was AT LEAST 12 feet over his head.