Ravens Break Camp Early

The Baltimore Ravens will break camp on Friday, August 18th, one day earlier than previously planned.

Tomorrow morning (Wednesday, August 16th) from 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. will be the LAST TEAM PRACTICE AT McDANIEL COLLEGE.

The Ravens practice Saturday (8/19) at their facilities in Owings Mills, which will be open to the media for its entirety.

Beginning Monday, August 21st, the team will move to regular season practice procedures.

Ahh crap...I live like 10 minutes from camp and I missed another year. The Sun said they had 5100 there on Sunday? That's pretty wild.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Everyone must be really fried. Not a bad move. Whatever it takes to get everyone motivated.

Here is what Aaron said:

By Aaron Wilson
    Staff Writer
    WESTMINSTER -- The Baltimore Ravens are departing Westminster, breaking training camp after Wednesday morning's practice.
    They will return to their $35 million training complex in Owings Mills for practice on Saturday afternoon following Thursday night's preseason game against the Philadelphia Eagles at M&T Bank Stadium.
    "Westminster is a nice place and it's good to see the fans, but I've been ready to go back to Owings Mills for a while," tight end Daniel Wilcox said. "It was a good training camp. Now, let's go home and get ready for the season. I'm ready to put McDaniel College in my rear-view mirror until next summer."
    The Ravens concluded their 19th day in Carroll County on Tuesday, and Ravens coach Brian Billick noticed that the intensity was beginning to wane.
    He was displeased with his football team's lack of tempo during Tuesday morning's practice, attributing the regression to players looking forward to the end of camp.
    The Ravens are under contract to hold training camp at McDaniel College through 2010.
    "It needs to be better," Billick said. "It's late in camp. They're tired.
    "They're probably feeling a little sorry for themselves. It needs to be a little bit sharper with the game as imminent as it is."
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

4. There getting ready too due DAMAGE too the feagal's....

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.
    Good move by Billick reading the atmosphere from the players.Staying any longer could prove counterproductive,if the players minds are tired.
    Who wouldn't want to rush back to plush 1 Winning Drive?
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Thumbs down

That kind of sucks, as I was planning on going out there on Saturday.

Good move by Billick reading the atmosphere from the players.Staying any longer could prove counterproductive,if the players minds are tired.
    I agree there's no point if players are mentally and physically exhausted, provided camp has done its job and got them in game shape. However, I'd be interested to hear people's viewpoints (particularly Tony and Aaron) on whether this year's camp has been noticeably more rigorous/tough than previous years? Is breaking a day early indicative of fatigue brought on by a tougher camp?