Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Not used to the D being this bad

I mean, not only did our secondary get exposed AGAIN, but now apparently, we can't stop a guy who was almost universally considered a bust just 2 years ago.

This is just unreal.

We NEED to get a speed edge rusher next year, and hopefully, Oz puts more importance on actual coverage ability and not just speed next time for our secondary.

Kelly Gregg is just about done, as is Pryce (although he seemingly gets held every other snap), and Gooden is not getting it done either.

I guess the team has been able to hold of time for a while, but it seems to finally be grabbing hold here...in addition to Mattison being terrible.

Blog Entries

Re: Not used to the D being this bad

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I mean, not only did our secondary get exposed AGAIN, but now apparently, we can't stop a guy who was almost universally considered a bust just 2 years ago.

This is just unreal.

We NEED to get a speed edge rusher next year, and hopefully, Oz puts more importance on actual coverage ability and not just speed next time for our secondary.

Kelly Gregg is just about done, as is Pryce (although he seemingly gets held every other snap), and Gooden is not getting it done either.

I guess the team has been able to hold of time for a while, but it seems to finally be grabbing hold here...in addition to Mattison being terrible.

He doesn't have a clue IMO.....and agreed on the pass rusher. Suggs, Ngata, Pryce, Gregg, et al, look completely average right now!

I have no idea why anyone's laying this on Mattison.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

It's been coming. What's making it so painful are the numerous penalties, some legit, some not, that are just highlighting the unit's difficulty in getting off the field.

I've been called things around here for suggesting this defense is not all that, I really hope people are going to realise this is not my imagination, it's actually there.

As are the discipline issues I mentioned last week.

I'm certainly not blaming Mattison for this.

But he has been less than impressive all season.

Another thing is I'd very much like them to get rid of Carr all together...lets see what Webb can do out there. I don't think he could get thrown around any more than Carr does. There was a reason why he never played defense on any of his other teams.

This loss is on the offence. The D gave up yards today but put 7 on the board themselves. We lost today because other than the Flacco INT drive and Rice's TD we just didn't move the ball.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post
    This loss is on the offence. The D gave up yards today but put 7 on the board themselves. We lost today because other than the Flacco INT drive and Rice's TD we just didn't move the ball.
    Coates dropped at least one TD catch, he was barely covered.

The fact is, the whole team played like crap today, it's not on one unit.. the only people who really shone were Ray Rice and Ed Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Coates dropped at least one TD catch, he was barely covered.

The fact is, the whole team played like crap today, it's not on one unit.. the only people who really shone were Ray Rice and Ed Reed.
    I'm not gonna argue with the whole team playing like crap but we should have challenged them more downfield in this game. Regardless of penatlies and dropped passes we held them to 17 points, our O should have scored more than that.

Very disappointing from all but Ed and Ray Rice. Joe had his worst day. But, as much as I am against saying negative things about Ravens players, I have to say this. Chris Carr is terrible. He's better than me. Better than my wife. But, terrible. I never want to see his hesitant weak #25 on the field again. Unfortunately, I will have to.

Quote Originally Posted by caliraven View Post
    Very disappointing from all but Ed and Ray Rice. Joe had his worst day. But, as much as I am against saying negative things about Ravens players, I have to say this. Chris Carr is terrible. He's better than me. Better than my wife. But, terrible. I never want to see his hesitant weak #25 on the field again. Unfortunately, I will have to.
    Totally agree about Carr.

He should never be on the field with the defense unless there is a rash of injuries. He can't tackle, he can't cover man, and he has zero zone awareness in zone coverage.

Not to mention he has been a HUGE disappointment as a KR/PR.

I'd MUCH rather have Webb in there and frankly, I'd rather have Walker in there than Carr too.

Go back and check the predictions and we did exactly what most people thought....gave up 17 points.

The offense it what sucked today, we were not going to shut the Bungles out or hold them to under 10 points.

We should have put up 20 plus minimum and we fell way short.

I thought Carr would at LEAST improve on Ivy's nickle play. He's been abysmal. Landry can't seem to cover. Fabian played OK today, at least.

Mattison made a huge mistake playing that ridiculous zone on the last drive. On one play I noticed, Foxworth was 15 yards off the line. Just stupid.

And the pass rush, my god, is beyond pathetic. I don't think they hurried Palmer a single time today when rushing 4. The only time he was forced to make quick throws was when someone flew in uncovered.

Oh, and Gaither better come back next week or we are going to get destroyed by Allen, Williamses and company.