Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bisciotti Highlights

Hey folks,

sorry it has taken so long for me to get to this (this flu is a mofo...get the shot) but finally here are some highlights from our interview with Steve Bisciotti last week on the Ravens Rap.

GO RAVENS!

Re: Bisciotti Highlights

Good read, excellent synopsis!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Love the article!!:happyanim

Blog Entries

I like the candid and honest nature of those comments...coming right out and saying that his initial wants were Garrett and Matt Ryan, and ESPECIALLY owning up to how wrong he would've been. That tells me that he KNOWS to trust in the people he brought in at the FO and Coaching levels, and won't be a meddlesome owner unless he HAS to be (such as making a big change in FO or coaching).

It frankly SCARES me how close Garrett came to being our HC. It would've been a complete and utter disaster, probably even WORSE than Billick had been. I won't say anything negative about Ryan, since he's proving to be a good QB too, but the fact is we would've mortgaged a lot to get him, so the team would be struggling more in other areas.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    It frankly SCARES me how close Garrett came to being our HC. It would've been a complete and utter disaster, probably even WORSE than Billick had been. I won't say anything negative about Ryan, since he's proving to be a good QB too, but the fact is we would've mortgaged a lot to get him, so the team would be struggling more in other areas.
    I agree. It's debatable who will be better between Ryan and Flacco in the long run, but you can be sure we wouldn't have gotten Ray Rice in the same draft had we traded up for Ryan.

For those of you wondering about changes to M&T Bank Stadium…if you are waiting with baited breath for escalators to the upper deck, it’s not going to happen.
    Has Mista T seen this yet? :T2:

Damn, we are fortunate to have Bisciotti.

Especially when you take a look at the chaos just down I-95.

I've stated on numerous occasions that I believe the Ravens have the best overall organization in the entire NFL, and this includes coaching staff!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    I agree. It's debatable who will be better between Ryan and Flacco in the long run, but you can be sure we wouldn't have gotten Ray Rice in the same draft had we traded up for Ryan.
    100% agree!!

Ray Rice is a top-5 RB in this league IMO and will only get better!

I am re-reading the line about the addition of HDTV's ....

Are we getting HD scoreboards or simply getting HDTV's in the concourse?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I am re-reading the line about the addition of HDTV's ....

Are we getting HD scoreboards or simply getting HDTV's in the concourse?
    Both

Blog Entries

I also like the insight on how the 2008 coaching staff shaped up...that Ryan would've left if it was anyone but Harbaugh (and Ryan echoed those comments after going to the Jets, saying if it couldn't be him, he was pulling for Harbaugh) and that Cameron would've ONLY returned to NFL for Harbaugh.

The Ryan one makes sense, especially since I was SURE he'd be gone when we gave him the out to be DC somewhere else. The Cameron one is a bit more suprising, since it was rumoured that Billick was supposed to be flying out to interview an OC candidate the day he was fired, and at least I had suspicions he was going to see Cam.

Not to get too reminiscent, but I recall both "interview" days for Garrett and Harbaugh. I'll admit, during the Garrett interview, the board was ALL lit up with people chanting for him, me included. I think the moment I was sure he was not the guy was his statement to the media when leaving. Just the way he came out of the room, and gave a huge Chucky style cheesy grin saying "How we doing guys?"...I just KNEW he was laughing to himself, going "Look at all the attention I can get! Me me me me, ME!" At that moment, I think I was going "Ummm, no...I really hope this guy doesn't get it anymore".

With Harbaugh, I'd already had a gut feeling that he'd be a good direction to go in, but I remember Garrett turned us down and the next day was a snowy mix in Baltimore, so it was depressing thinking he might not be coming here for his interview that day. But he did come here, and I remember it going till like 4 or 5pm, and thinking that it's odd for a 2nd interview to go until this late if we're not going to make the guy HC. On the drive home, Ravens came out and confirmed the press conference for the next day, and the rest is history. Although as a side note, I think Spag's Redskin 2nd interview took just as long, and ended with "both sides mutually deciding they weren't right for each other" Right...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!