America's Game Hypothetical

Ive been watching the show every week and I have throughly enjoyed it. Sadly I know that we will never see our beloved 200 Ravens in the top 20.

If it were up to you to make an episode of "America's Game" on that team who would be the 3 players featured? I would say Dilfer, Ray, and Goose. It wuld be interesting to see Dilfers take, and Rays take, and their takes on eachother.

Do you think that they will eventually make America's game for all of the Super Bowl winners? They could make ones of the current SB winners too, like 5 years after the game or something. Example: Super Bowl XLI is won by the Bears, during the week of Super Bowl XLVI "America's Game: The Story of the 2006 Chicago Bears" would air. That sound pretty good to me what do you guys think?
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Re: America's Game Hypothetical

or if they could do one for Canada's Game, Hockey. (Or Curling, whatever floats your boat)

I think I heard somewhere that they did produce specials for all of the teams that won Super Bowls. If they haven't, I wouldn't be surprised if NFL Films went ahead and did it anyway, knowing that these would sell well with the respective fanbases. Anyway, some of these specials have been featuring coaches, and with that in mind, you can bet you ass that Billick would be one of the three in a Ravens special, probably along with Ray Lewis. The third person? Woodson, Siragusa, McCrary, Burnett, Dilfer, Stover, perhaps one or two others (although not Sharpe, since he was on the 1998 Broncos special). I could see it being any of them. One thing that Ravens team was not short on was media savvy players.

Oh, and apparently the special on the 1977 Cowboys (airing tonight) will feature four people (Drew Pearson, Tony Dorsett, Charlie Watters, Hollywood Henderson).

i think they have produced a special for all the teams but are withholding mass dvd release until the countdown is over. currently you can only buy the shows that have currently been on nfl network. i only say that because they had Cowher on there and i'm about 100% certain last years she-lers were not one of the 20 greatest super bowl teams ever. and i don't say that as a ravens homer either.

as for our episode i would lean towards ray, dilfer and either goose, billick, or woodson as our interviewees. can't wait for it to come out because the 'america's game' shows are really well done.

If you go to the 2000 Ravens page on the America's Game website, you'll see who the featured interviews will be in the DVD special. No surprises on who they are- Billick, Dilfer, Ray.

I don't get it as to why Dilfer is one of the interviewees. He simply rode the coattails of that great Ravens defense. The three interviewees should be Rod Woodson, Ray Lewis, and of course Billick. Trent Dilfer is so overrated by Baltimore fans that it isn't funny.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

well, dilfer did have the most interesting "human interest" story on the team next to ray (trent coming back to tampa to start in the sb after being cut by the bucs). i do wonder if they will go into the whole controversy about trent getting the wheaties box and the disneyland commercial instead of ray.

Quote Originally Posted by mavhimself View Post
    i do wonder if they will go into the whole controversy about trent getting the wheaties box and the disneyland commercial instead of ray.
    Well, I know one "controversy" they'll have for sure. That of Dilfer being tossed aside at the end of the season. Yeah, Dilfer being picked was definitely not a surprise and he does have a human interest story. I still would have preferred someone like Woodson or one of the defensive ends. If they had won a second Super Bowl, we probably would have gotten one of those- and been on the countdown in some spot.

the only other guy aside from trent that i could have seen making it was the goose just because he was the most outspoken, craziest guy on the team.