Ravens and contract restructuring

When was the last time the Raven the Ravens restructured a contract?

I was just wondering after reading the Skins board,and realizing the mindset over there is basically not if, but how many they restructure EVERY year.

I think Ogden restructured at some point but,I cant remember.

Re: Ravens and contract restructuring

But by resructuring the Redskins are constantly mortgaging the future.

It is all going to come crashing down on them one of these years. There is going to be a year where they have to COMPLETLY clean house, and in that year I wouldnt be sprised if they won 0-2 games.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Quote Originally Posted by bassgtrst View Post
    But by resructuring the Redskins are constantly mortgaging the future.

It is all going to come crashing down on them one of these years. There is going to be a year where they have to COMPLETLY clean house, and in that year I wouldnt be sprised if they won 0-2 games.

That is exactly my point.By the Ravens not having to restructure any contracts that I can remember,it shows how well Ozzie and company have managed the cap over the last few years.

Gotcha
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

http://www.ravens24x7.com/column_vie...0&view=archive

Read this link and you'll see why restructuring is not as simple a solution as it seems.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by bassgtrst View Post
    Gotcha
    Apparently PurpleRulz doesnt get the point,or didnt even read the thread except for the first post, one of the two.

Ill say it one more time real slow,I am not suggesting that the Ravens need to or have restructured contracts in the past present or future.I was commending the Ravens for having a great FO who knows how to manage the cap from year to year and get guys in the draft so that isnt necessary,unlike other teams who think it is just a normal part of the offseason(like the team that little midget owns down the road)

Is it clear now?

BTW,I still dont have an answer to my original question.

I remember they restructured Boulware's, I think in '02 or so. '03?

Not sure what's wrong with PR's link, it was an interesting read on the subject of managing contracts.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

From what I've seen, the last contract they restructures was Mulitalo's in 2004. I'm not exactly sure why, since they didn't seem to need the cap space at the time (unless it happened during the season and they needed cap space to sign injury replacements). He is the only Raven whose current contract has been restructured.

That may change this year.

Prior to 2003, it had been a common practice to restructure deals. Guys like Ray and JO were redoing their deals annually. What people don't often realize is that the team arrived in Baltimore in horrible cap shape and really from 1996-2002, they were constantly restructuring deals just to have enough cap space to try and improve the team (signing McCrary, Goose, Woodson). Then in 2001, they really pushed it with the signing of Grbac and Searcy and the re-signing of Sharper. The purge of 2002 was inevitable, but really had been so from the team's arrival (it was just a matter of how bad it was going to be).
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap