Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: The last drive: Flacco

I agree that he will be one of the top 3 QB's in football in a few years. I'm not so sure about Eli-maybe.

Flacco: He still needs some work on throwing across his body and throwing on the run. He's gotten a little better than last year though.

He also makes good decisions and is reading defenses very quickly this year.

Yeah, we need to get him a pro bowl level WR.

Here is the article that I wrote on this subject.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Here is the article that I wrote on this subject.

- C -
    A good read.

The only thing that really concerns me about Joe is his ability to properly react to heavy pressure. He has to be more decisive in getting the ball out of his hands and less hesitant to use his mobility to pick up a couple of yards instead of taking the sack or making questionable decisions like throwing the ball with his left hand (earning him an intentional grounding call against the Pats).

But really that's just me being nitpicky. He is light-years ahead of where I expected him to be by now!:happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    The only thing that really concerns me about Joe is his ability to properly react to heavy pressure. He has to be more decisive in getting the ball out of his hands and less hesitant to use his mobility to pick up a couple of yards instead of taking the sack or making questionable decisions like throwing the ball with his left hand (earning him an intentional grounding call against the Pats).

But really that's just me being nitpicky. He is light-years ahead of where I expected him to be by now!:happyanim
    I still don't understand that grounding call... he was out of the pocket and the ball got near the line of scrimmage (which is all it has to do... it doesn't have to pass it, just be in the area of it.)

How was it grounding?
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by effo5231 View Post
    I still don't understand that grounding call... he was out of the pocket and the ball got near the line of scrimmage (which is all it has to do... it doesn't have to pass it, just be in the area of it.)

How was it grounding?
    It wasn't. It's one of several calls the refs effed up. For all the heat the media is giving them over the Roughing the Brady calls, those aren't close to the most egregious that they missed.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by effo5231 View Post

How was it grounding?
    They changed the rule during this past off season. The ball has to reach the line of scrimmage, not just be in the general area of it.

Regardless, Flacco's pass did reach the line. Just another of several bad calls.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Flacco will only get better...

I thought this article was hysterical.... about Brady's roughing calls.

http://www.sportspickle.com/article:...passer-penalty
    “Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second.” -Paul "Bear" Bryant

:ire::usa::jester: